PDA

View Full Version : Florida - Easter Holidays

luce
21-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah we went to Florida (disney) for 2 weeks at easter 2 years ago and we knew we wanted to go somewhere this easter but were leaving it until the last minute so last night we were like why not go to Florida for another 2 weeks and stay in the Animal Kingdom Lodge (see picture below) and have like a room looking over the savanna(amazing). We're going to do all the disney stuff again but also go off site more and do like Wet n Wild etc. So yeah we booked it about half an hour ago and in 6 weeks we're going. I'm so excited it unreal already :D

http://uploadpicz.com/images/BZVLRSI.jpg (http://uploadpicz.com)

21-02-2009, 05:38 PM
What part of florida is it?

Geraint
21-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Did anybody else find themselves clicking the buttons? :(

Looking nice.

Mathew
21-02-2009, 05:57 PM
DAKL is amazing.
We stayed there August 08 for 4 nights, and it is brilliant.
If you book through Disney.com and stay for less than a week, there is a VERY big chance you will be upgraded.

If you book for the regular room (over-looking the abnormally large car-park), there's a big chance you will be upgraded to the Savanna suite.

Disney want to give as many people as possible the chance to over-look the animals so they keep going back to visit, hence making them more money. They wouldn't upgrade an English person staying 2 weeks very often.

We booked the car-park room, simple reason being we knew we'd be upgraded.

Did you eat at Boma? Zebra domes..mm..
We'll be next in Florida in May (flying out the 21st), booked that one last night, woot.
Then we'll be there again in August staying at Disney's Old Key West Resort, 7 night Disney cruise, then 4 nights at DAKL.

Brilliant to see someone else who's visited that AMAZING hotel! It's just awesome to have a giraffe walking over to you when you wake up in the morning.
Have a great day.

luce
21-02-2009, 10:09 PM
What part of florida is it?

Orlando

Did anybody else find themselves clicking the buttons? :(

Looking nice.

Lool i just took it straight of their site

@Matt ~ we've booked 14 nights in the savanna suite because we wanted it lol and didn't want to leave anything to chance, last time we went we stayed in Caribbean Beach Resort which was amazing in itself but we have enough money to be able to afford this and everything we want to do this time, which is kinda ironik as everything money related is meant to be falling apart! I'm sure it will be amazing and like i said before i'm so excited :D

Mathew
21-02-2009, 10:40 PM
@Matt ~ we've booked 14 nights in the savanna suite because we wanted it lol and didn't want to leave anything to chance, last time we went we stayed in Caribbean Beach Resort which was amazing in itself but we have enough money to be able to afford this and everything we want to do this time, which is kinda ironik as everything money related is meant to be falling apart! I'm sure it will be amazing and like i said before i'm so excited :D
Awesome!
Never stayed at the CBR but have friends who've been and loved it. Only other place we stayed at was the All Stars Movie Resort but that was YEARS ago and it was a dump.

For August we got a cracking deal, booked the nights at Old Key West and got free Disney dining plan which gives you meals and snacks all free every day. Wouldn't usually do it but lashing out for the August trip and trying some new restaurants.
Have a great time! :)

Naruto!
22-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Wicked! I've been there 14 times (florida) and I'm going again this christmas (for xmas day) I'm already excited :D I hope you enjoy yourself :)

Kyle!
22-02-2009, 04:27 AM
Orlando was amazing, but Disney's parks were a let down. Universal's are a lot better.

Jahova
22-02-2009, 08:30 AM
You won't be let down, Florida is the ultimate fun experience.

Kyle!
22-02-2009, 04:02 PM
You won't be let down, Florida is the ultimate fun experience.

Yeah I never said Florida was a let down, it was really good but Disney wasn't...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!