PDA

View Full Version : Shock of the day

sock
21-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Going to be doing this every week in the English league.

Weymouth have been struggling with debts this season and the players haven't been paid in 2009. The club has announced that the players may wish to leave if they can find offers of work. With debts of 300,000 the club has issued shares placed at 50P each. If this fails, the club could face administation or liquidation.

The club had to field their youth team today against mid-table Rushden & Diamonds. The lack of the experience showed as Weymouth went down 4-0 at half time.Weymouth didn't get any stronger in the second half as Rushden & Diamonds did thumping Weymouth 9-0 at full time with no less than 7 players getting on the scoresheet.

Skajo
21-02-2009, 07:47 PM
... and how is this a shock, sock?

busybabes
21-02-2009, 07:56 PM
hardly a shock. people were tipping it on the united forum I use

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/football-betting-thread-174691/index31.html

Jordie
21-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Not everyday a team gets beat 9-0 at home is it?
In a way its not a shock because they played a bunch of kids and at any level you're going to get well and truly bullied off the park.

sock
21-02-2009, 07:58 PM
... and how is this a shock, sock?

its a big score and it's not as if any other games were shocks of the day is it.

Skajo
21-02-2009, 08:31 PM
its a big score and it's not as if any other games were shocks of the day is it.

There were two shocks for me;

a) Manchester United conceding
b) Barnet 4-1 Bradford

Smiddy
21-02-2009, 08:41 PM
There were two shocks for me;

a) Manchester United conceding
b) Barnet 4-1 Bradford
Agree with B.

Another one was Saints winning :O

sock
21-02-2009, 09:13 PM
The Weymouth keeper also made some very excellent saves to keep the score down.

Geraint
21-02-2009, 09:23 PM
When we left the ground today, there were quite a few holding back the tears, I was trying to shake hands with friends, but couldn't with some, it was too upsetting. One older guy than me, was saying he had been through all the weathers every season since the war and this was his saddest ever day, it was bloody hard holding back the tears then I can tell you. And that's the thing, the older guys behind the goal in their late 30's early 40's now have been all over the country for 20 odd years spending thousands of pounds, but hardly ever complaining, they laugh, and they make fun of the bad days, and enjoy the good days, BUT today, they could hardly speak walking out the ground. There is a new lot of younger lads behind the goal, and even they are being robbed of supporting their local team. It is such a shame.

Sad, very sad.

Twist
23-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Sad, very sad.
Where'd you get that quote from?
It is a very sad story for Weymouth.
Another shock for me was Cardiff NOT beating Wolves at Molineux :rolleyes:.

Loser
23-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Not everyday a team gets beat 9-0 at home is it?
In a way its not a shock because they played a bunch of kids and at any level you're going to get well and truly bullied off the park.

Not at youth level!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!