PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fans on Habbox

Louis-Fox
25-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Hey anyone like NFL or american football in general on here?

Haters aren't welcome :)

leah
26-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Im english so don't really look into american sports lol

RareIce
26-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Patriots for life.

Wootzeh
26-02-2009, 01:20 PM
go steelers!
im a gloryhunter :( ahaha

Titch
26-02-2009, 01:26 PM
I watch superbowl each year thats about it.

Twist
26-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Yup,
Cardinals ftw (H).

mangle
26-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Dolphins, all the way! ;)

Minstrels
26-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Chicago Bears. :redface_b

Ardemax
26-02-2009, 04:04 PM
no i dont

and i dont see the point in it

soz

Twist
26-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey anyone like NFL or american football in general on here?

Haters aren't welcome :)

no i dont

and i dont see the point in it

soz
Um, for entertainment?

Bun
26-02-2009, 04:47 PM
i watch the superbowl whenever it's on. i can watch most sports.

CJW93
26-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Go Colts

Geraint
26-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Very boring sport. I'm a gloryhunter and follow the New England Patriots. GO PATS!!!

Implement
26-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't like watching a sport that is identical to rugby (accept you can throw the ball forward ect) and where poncey pads.

mangle
26-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Then why post?

And I can guarentee if you put on some of those pads and had someone charge at you and spear you then you'd feel it and understand why they need pads.

Twist
26-02-2009, 10:45 PM
I don't like watching a sport that is identical to rugby (accept you can throw the ball forward ect) and where poncey pads.
If they didn't have those pads, they'd get killed.

mangle
26-02-2009, 10:48 PM
You two have the sam avatar so I was going to argue with you then till I realised otherwise!

Twist
26-02-2009, 10:57 PM
You two have the sam avatar so I was going to argue with you then till I realised otherwise!
Well if you look closely, mine has more shading on it and looks more 3D and the orange on his is lighter than mine ;). I've also got the sig with all the crests.

Geraint
26-02-2009, 11:23 PM
You don't need pads in rugby, so I don't see why you need them in American football. Hardly any difference. You can tackle off the ball but they hardly tackle, more of a stand your ground approach.

Louis-Fox
27-02-2009, 06:43 AM
You don't need pads in rugby, so I don't see why you need them in American football. Hardly any difference. You can tackle off the ball but they hardly tackle, more of a stand your ground approach.

Well this has turned into a haters thread! lol, trust me it really isn't like rugby, rugby is banging your head against a wall, american football is running straight into the wall don't believe me then go to a training session and try it out. :eusa_wall

Thanks for all the positive comments, and Leah it doesn't matter where your from as long as you like it :)

I support Giants and Chargers, saw the Chargers - Saints game at Wembley was great, but couldn't get tickets this year :(

luce
27-02-2009, 07:24 AM
When i went over to FL i watched a game and it was amazing i don't follow it from over here and haven't been to any of the games at wembly by my Best friends brothers, dad and family friend all follow it like they would English football and go over to Wembly to see games.

If i had to watch anything in america it would be NBL Go Orlando Magic!

Grainger@CUFC
27-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Been a Pats fan for a number of years now :)
Got tickets for Wembley in October :D can't wait

Geraint
27-02-2009, 05:17 PM
When i went over to FL i watched a game and it was amazing i don't follow it from over here and haven't been to any of the games at wembly by my Best friends brothers, dad and family friend all follow it like they would English football and go over to Wembly to see games.

If i had to watch anything in america it would be NBL Go Orlando Magic!

NBA even.

Louis-Fox
27-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Been a Pats fan for a number of years now :)
Got tickets for Wembley in October :D can't wait

Lucky ! If you got a spare one you can give me a shout :D;)

If anyone's interested in joining a team, go to www.getintoamericanfootball.co.uk (http://www.getintoamericanfootball.co.uk) i think everyone county has at least one team in, try it out, so good for all shapes and sizes :)

cheers for all the replys so far

mangle
27-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Im sure my local team are like third in the country.

I don't know though, I was going to join but im no way near fit enough.

Louis-Fox
27-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Im sure my local team are like third in the country.

I don't know though, I was going to join but im no way near fit enough.

What team is it? i'm sure you can get fit enough while training, but the first few might be tough.

Ardemax
28-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Well this has turned into a haters thread! lol, trust me it really isn't like rugby, rugby is banging your head against a wall, american football is running straight into the wall don't believe me then go to a training session and try it out. :eusa_wall

Thanks for all the positive comments, and Leah it doesn't matter where your from as long as you like it :)

I support Giants and Chargers, saw the Chargers - Saints game at Wembley was great, but couldn't get tickets this year :(

lmao american football ARDER than rugby?

all they do is pad up and run
there is no "skill" involved

you can pass forward and that's just crap lol

rugby is tactical

Twist
28-02-2009, 12:55 PM

rugby is tactical
NFL is tactical :S?

mangle
28-02-2009, 01:12 PM

rugby is tactical
Don't try and insult a sport that you have no understanding of.

NFL Being called not tactical? The sheer amount of plays you can run, the different ways you can run them, the altering of them on the line and thats not tactics? You exploit weaknesses, bluff and double bluff and they're not tactics?

Why is passing forward crap?
And padding up and running isn't all they do, even you said they pass? :S

Skajo
28-02-2009, 02:37 PM
People are just ignorant to the sport.

I like it. I have NFL games and I watch as much as I can. I don't support a particular team but I want that to change over the coming months.

Louis-Fox
28-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Don't try and insult a sport that you have no understanding of.

NFL Being called not tactical? The sheer amount of plays you can run, the different ways you can run them, the altering of them on the line and thats not tactics? You exploit weaknesses, bluff and double bluff and they're not tactics?

Why is passing forward crap?
And padding up and running isn't all they do, even you said they pass? :S

100% right, if you think american football isn't tactical you are a moron :D

Adam that's great, try and get tickets to this years Wembley game, you might like the Patriots and Buccaneers, exciting teams :)

Grainger@CUFC
28-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Lucky ! If you got a spare one you can give me a shout :D;)

If anyone's interested in joining a team, go to www.getintoamericanfootball.co.uk (http://www.getintoamericanfootball.co.uk) i think everyone county has at least one team in, try it out, so good for all shapes and sizes :)

cheers for all the replys so far

Unfortunately all of the 4 tickets I have are accounted for ;) plus, I think all the tickets are sold out now :S Apparently, anyways.

Cumbrian Mariners are my local team, they've just started up and aren't in any of the proper leagues, and lost all the games they've played so far I think :8

Louis-Fox
01-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Unfortunately all of the 4 tickets I have are accounted for ;) plus, I think all the tickets are sold out now :S Apparently, anyways.

Cumbrian Mariners are my local team, they've just started up and aren't in any of the proper leagues, and lost all the games they've played so far I think :8

Shame :) yeah they sold out in the first day i think and you had to have a code aswell :o

Yeah haven't herd of them, my teams just been promoted to the Premiership :) Sussex Thunder. Have a good time at Wembley i will be watching jealously on tv :P

01-03-2009, 10:37 PM
being american of course i do.
im a cleveland browns fan

people that choose the patriots, steelers, giants are all frontrunners becuase i doubt you know anything about those teams other than a couple players and that they won super bowls the last couple years.

Bun
02-03-2009, 08:34 AM

people that choose the patriots, steelers, giants are all frontrunners becuase i doubt you know anything about those teams other than a couple players and that they won super bowls the last couple years.
yeah we have that in (real ;)) football.

Louis-Fox
02-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Yeah, iv'e supported giants my whole life but they have been popular for ever like the Dolphins over here.

yeah we have that in (real ;)) football.

Real football paa theres others like rugby football, american/canadian football, australian rules football and gaelic football, not all about your association football! :P and before you say why is it called football if you kick it 10 times a game is because the ball is a foot long !

sorry about getting defensive :D;)

mangle
02-03-2009, 08:52 AM
I've only been watching since I was like 13, The Dolphins seemed the best choice for me as I wanted to live in Miami when I was older so I picked them! :P

Blinger1
02-03-2009, 10:46 AM

I barrack for who ever Ben Graham plays for.

First Aussie to play in the Superbowl?
Used to play AFL for my fav. AFL team, so its just natural :)

Bun
02-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Yeah, iv'e supported giants my whole life but they have been popular for ever like the Dolphins over here.

Real football paa theres others like rugby football, american/canadian football, australian rules football and gaelic football, not all about your association football! :P and before you say why is it called football if you kick it 10 times a game is because the ball is a foot long !

sorry about getting defensive :D;)
Yeah but which two did Gridiron originate from? Two real sports, Football and Rugby.

Why's it called a football? :eusa_whis

Louis-Fox
02-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah but which two did Gridiron originate from? Two real sports, Football and Rugby.

Why's it called a football? :eusa_whis

lol mug i'm not arguing.

and

I didn't no an aussie was in the superbowl, which team? was he on the practise squad or actual team? we had a english guy on the Steelers practise squad, first Brit to win a ring even though he didn't actualy play in the game he deserved it tho. :)

and did you play Aussie rules or Arena football, either way that's impressive :eusa_danc

cheers for all the replys x

Blinger1
04-03-2009, 10:02 AM
lol mug i'm not arguing.

and

I didn't no an aussie was in the superbowl, which team? was he on the practise squad or actual team? we had a english guy on the Steelers practise squad, first Brit to win a ring even though he didn't actualy play in the game he deserved it tho. :)

and did you play Aussie rules or Arena football, either way that's impressive :eusa_danc

cheers for all the replys x
What the hell is Arena Football?

This dude played AFL (Aussie Rules), he had the longest kick in the game, well over 60m i believe it was.

And he plays for the Arizona?? So i guess i follow them :D

Grainger@CUFC
06-03-2009, 04:33 PM
What the hell is Arena Football?

This dude played AFL (Aussie Rules), he had the longest kick in the game, well over 60m i believe it was.

And he plays for the Arizona?? So i guess i follow them :D

Arena Football is basically American Football but indoors and with slight adaptations to the rules to accomodate it.

PhilSCFC
08-03-2009, 03:41 PM
San Francisco 49ers, :)

Middlesbrough
11-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Tbh i don't see the entertainment in it, i dont care if 'Haters' aren't welcome im showing my view in the fact i find the sport a bag of piss.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!