PDA

View Full Version : Reason Why Not To Support Manchester United

Kightly
01-03-2009, 01:58 PM
This goes to the people outside of Manchester (which most of them are). Well, basically football is pride for your town/city, and if you support them then your basically supporting Manchester? And tbh Manchester is not really a great place...

So, if you want to be a real support support a team in your region to get pride, not glory.

Andys
01-03-2009, 02:02 PM
omg no way

Edited by Garion (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks :).

mangle
01-03-2009, 02:05 PM
This guys to the people outside of Manchester (which most of them are). Well, basically football is pride for your town/city, and if you support them then your basically supporting Manchester? And tbh Manchester is not really a great place...

So, if you want to be a real support support a team in your region to get pride, not glory.
"This guys to the people" - This makes no sense
"Football is pride for your town/city" - Football is a sport.
"Manchester is not really a great place..." - Who says? You? Gordon Brown? Your mum!?

And if you support a team in your region, so when you grow up and move out of Wolves you're going to tell your kid to support the team where you live?

Youheard
01-03-2009, 08:44 PM
What happens if you don't live in a town or city and your village or hamlet does not have a football team? :eusa_whis

Jack.Lfc
01-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Isnt hamlet a play?

Andys
01-03-2009, 08:46 PM
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/facepalm.jpg

Edited by Garion (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks :).

Youheard
01-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Isnt hamlet a play?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hamlet

Ladygaga
01-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Firstly, Cheltenham, where i'm from is nothing like manchester united. Even though i support them, i doubt cheltenham will be playing big clubs like AC Milan.

So ye, I support my home team and manchester united.

And what the hell! Glory supporter? WHY DOES EVERYONE SAY THIS. It drives me insane. It's like saying, liverpool won the cup, "OMGZ YOU IS SOOOO A GLORY SUPPORTER" Grow up. Christ.

Captain
01-03-2009, 09:00 PM
If your gonna support a premier league team why go for united? Why not go for a different club like Wigan or someone..

Andys
01-03-2009, 09:01 PM
If your gonna support a premier league team why go for united? Why not go for a different club like Wigan or someone..
because they don't win anything, silly.

Twist
01-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks Captain Obvious (Y).

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

Havoline
01-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I sort of agree, over here we get quite a lot of it because our local team doesn't play in the uk leagues so people choose to support teams who they see playing well and stuff or where their relatives are from. I just dont really like the people who support teams like that even thouh they have nothing to do with it and then go cheeking you when youre teams doing rubbish and stuff.

PaintYourTarget
01-03-2009, 09:20 PM
It's easier to support more successful teams as they're more likely to be shown on tv because they are successful. Makes sense if you live miles away supporting a team you can actually watch regularly in some form, even if it's just tv, than not at all.

Kardan
01-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Hmm, I guess the majority of my friends support our local team, Leicester, because it's a lot better if we win something than if Manchester United wins. If you had a Leicester fan and a Man U fan and both teams win the FA Cup, the Leicester fan is bound to be happier because Leicester never win any of the major cups, whereas a Manchester United fan will be pleased and they'll forget it about it soon enough, since they've got like another three cups to win this season and are likely to win tons more for seasons to come.

So there's a reason not to support Manchester United. Ish.

Why do I bother? I hate football :D

Pyroka
01-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Good god this is the worst argument against Man Utd I've ever seen.

Jack.Lfc
01-03-2009, 09:29 PM

Theres a lad in my school who supports wigan, got a season card n goes the aways and tha.

Captain
01-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Theres a lad in my school who supports wigan, got a season card n goes the aways and tha.

Well then that guy is a proper fan. Not all these people who live in the likes of Doncaster and stuff and support Manchester United because 'dey av ronaldo' or 'they r gunna win the premear league'.

drama
01-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Well then that guy is a proper fan. Not all these people who live in the likes of Doncaster and stuff and support Manchester United because 'dey av ronaldo' or 'they r gunna win the premear league'.

not an insult directly at you, but I do love it when people try and insult a number of people they imitate them by 'tlkin lyk dis' as to try and demean them, lol

Captain
01-03-2009, 11:07 PM
theres some people who do actually type like that such as THE HORRIBLE CHILD ON MY MSN WHO KEEPS NUDGING ME.

Excellent2
01-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Feeble thread.

Just because a fan may live a number of miles away does not make them a proper supporter. If they go to games, watch their team play, support the club by buying merch.. then they are a true supporter. Having passion and love for a club also makes you a true supporter.

'Glory' supporters are people who only support a team when that particular team is winning.

This forum is stupid for football because half of the footballers here can't grasp the fact that people just can't make it to games. I'd rather save my money up for driving lessons than go watch UTD, simply because when I pass my test, I can go see them as and when I choose. Many on this forum also have issues in life to worry about so they can't get to games. There is no right to call someone a glory supporter just because they can't get to a game.

HeatherTrott
01-03-2009, 11:17 PM
i prefer watching walford fc rather than manchester united

heather xx

Wootzeh
01-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Feeble thread.

Just because a fan may live a number of miles away does not make them a proper supporter. If they go to games, watch their team play, support the club by buying merch.. then they are a true supporter. Having passion and love for a club also makes you a true supporter.

'Glory' supporters are people who only support a team when that particular team is winning.

This forum is stupid for football because half of the footballers here can't grasp the fact that people just can't make it to games. I'd rather save my money up for driving lessons than go watch UTD, simply because when I pass my test, I can go see them as and when I choose. Many on this forum also have issues in life to worry about so they can't get to games. There is no right to call someone a glory supporter just because they can't get to a game.
You don't know what the word passion means.

Firstly, Cheltenham, where i'm from is nothing like manchester united. Even though i support them, i doubt cheltenham will be playing big clubs like AC Milan.

And what the hell! Glory supporter? WHY DOES EVERYONE SAY THIS. It drives me insane. It's like saying, liverpool won the cup, "OMGZ YOU IS SOOOO A GLORY SUPPORTER" Grow up. Christ.
So you support the **** because they play big teams like AC Milan? In other words you support them because they win alot aka for the glory. You're a glory hunter.

Bren
01-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Get a grip, it's only a sport.

Wootzeh
01-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Get a grip, it's only a sport.
Get a grip, it's only gamerscore :rolleyes:

Shockwave.2CC
02-03-2009, 12:07 AM

Ditto
I support my home football team which is Leicester City and i support Manchester United aswell

Excellent2
02-03-2009, 01:01 AM
You don't know what the word passion means.
Seeing as I love UTD I think I do :) Why don't you keep quiet and stay out of threads like this. Hey, I noticed you're from newcastle-under-lyme but yet you support stoke? Ooo the hypocrisy.

Scouse
02-03-2009, 01:07 AM
Ditto

I support my home football team which is Leicester City and i support Manchester United aswell

why isnt leicester in your sig aswell then?

also excellent2, i think newcaslte-under-lyme is quite close to stoke

Excellent2
02-03-2009, 01:15 AM
why isnt leicester in your sig aswell then?

also excellent2, i think newcaslte-under-lyme is quite close to stokeI know that but he bangs on about how you should support a club where you live. He doesn't live in stoke-on-trent does he? He lives in newcastle-under-lyme.

Agnostic Bear
02-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Reasons not to support/like football:
It's a bunch of idiots on a field kicking a ball into a net and earning ridiculous amounts of money for it.

Funnily enough nobody I know that's intelligent likes football, I wonder why ;)

Bun
02-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Reasons not to support/like football:
It's a bunch of idiots on a field kicking a ball into a net and earning ridiculous amounts of money for it.

Funnily enough nobody I know that's intelligent likes football, I wonder why ;)
cos they're busy playing chess init.

Wootzeh
02-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Seeing as I love UTD I think I do :) Why don't you keep quiet and stay out of threads like this. Hey, I noticed you're from newcastle-under-lyme but yet you support stoke? Ooo the hypocrisy.
Wow, you don't even know where Newcastle-Under-Lyme is! According to google maps, from my house to the Britannia Stadium the distance is 5.1miles.
Follow a lower league team through the ups and downs no matter what. Then come back and you can say you know what it means.

Blinger1
02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
So you support the **** because they play big teams like AC Milan? In other words you support them because they win alot aka for the glory. You're a glory hunter.

I follow Arsenal (im from Australia, never been to the UK). Does that mean I am a glory hunter? I follow them because they are one of the few teams you actually hear about on the news here...

Agnostic Bear
02-03-2009, 11:05 AM
cos they're busy playing chess init.

Yes, at least chess stresses the mind.

Wootzeh
02-03-2009, 11:10 AM
I follow Arsenal (im from Australia, never been to the UK). Does that mean I am a glory hunter? I follow them because they are one of the few teams you actually hear about on the news here...
Why not follow. . . Melbourne Victory FC?

Ladygaga
02-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Wootzeh, just because i support manchester united and cheltenham town doesnt mean im a glory hunter. Grow up. Even if manchester united were **** i would still support them. People from england, dont always support England, they may go for Italy or w/e.

Wootzeh
02-03-2009, 11:37 AM
People who are from England but don't support England are complete ******s. Same goes for gloryhunters.

Excellent2
02-03-2009, 11:44 AM
People who are from England but don't support England are complete ******s. Same goes for gloryhunters.You're the biggest glory hunter of them all. Where are you when Stoke play? Mostly on this forum. ;)

Ladygaga
02-03-2009, 11:45 AM
so by what your saying, i should just stop support man u, which i have been supporting this i was little, because im not from manchester. And focus more on cheltenham..

Wootzeh
02-03-2009, 11:46 AM
You're the biggest glory hunter of them all. Where are you when Stoke play? Mostly on this forum. ;)
Sorry, do you want a picture of my season ticket?
:rolleyes:
And to above, it's ok saying you follow the ****'s results I suppose, but saying you support them is stupid.

Ladygaga
02-03-2009, 11:47 AM
yes please.

Wootzeh
02-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Ok will do when I get home.

Ladygaga
02-03-2009, 11:49 AM
ok ty.

Shockwave.2CC
02-03-2009, 02:05 PM
I live 1.3 miles away from the Walkers Stadium (Leicester Citys ground)
I live 100.4 miles away from Old Trfford (Manchester Uniteds ground)

But i still support both.

Wootzeh
02-03-2009, 02:33 PM
http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/72289ef54fa1f06seasonticket.jpg
http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/87192fa83a811f2seasonticket2.jpg

Bun
02-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Why not support a team in the A1 League in Australia? I've heard it's really good this season.

Yes, at least chess stresses the mind.
So does football if you follow it.

Bren
02-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Get a grip, it's only gamerscore :rolleyes:
Because that has alot to do with anything :S

That was aimed at Knightly because who really gives two ***** who you support. Glory supporter or not it's only a sport.

[DC]eption
03-03-2009, 10:48 PM
This goes to the people outside of Manchester (which most of them are). Well, basically football is pride for your town/city, and if you support them then your basically supporting Manchester? And tbh Manchester is not really a great place...

Why is this just Manchester United? A succesful football club needs a good following, and with glory obviously attracts people to support them from a young age which i am not agaisnst as teams will never stay the most sucessful over a very long period of time. The problem i have is when people who change team due to the amount of success and the people who cannot get to games (which does not make them a glory supporter for a number of reasons e.g travel problems money problem,) but will not make any attempt to follow the team.

Blinger1
04-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Of course i follow them, but i was talking about the Premier League.

Not following Melbourne (even though soccer is not the main sport here in Melbourne) is like following the A-League if you are from the UK living in the UK.. stupid.

edit: its not the A1 league.. It is the Hyundai A League

leah
04-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Theres more than one reason of why not to support Man u ;)

[DC]eption
04-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Theres more than one reason of why not to support Man u ;)

But alot more reasons why to support them ;)

[DC]eption
04-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Sorry, do you want a picture of my season ticket?
And to above, it's ok saying you follow the ****'s results I suppose, but saying you support them is stupid.

Sorry bout double post.

I dont live in Manchester but support Manchester United. I go to the matches and cheer them on when i can, i buy the Home/away kit depending on which changes every season- Is that not support?

Wootzeh
04-03-2009, 01:52 PM
eption;5651767']Sorry bout double post.

I dont live in Manchester but support Manchester United. I go to the matches and cheer them on when i can, i buy the Home/away kit depending on which changes every season- Is that not support?
Depends if you're lieing or not :rolleyes:

Minstrels
04-03-2009, 04:22 PM

Firstly, you only support Manure because they play teams like AC? Pal, if you haven't noticed this season AC were in the UEFA Cup, you could of at least chosen a team who is in the Chumps League this season even if you did play AC (and lose to them) a few years back.
Secondly, Cheltenham can have major games. Think of it, if Cheltenham drew Manure in the FA Cup you'd be excited if you only supporter Cheltenham. That's a massive game for a Cheltenham fan, bigger than any AC Milan vs Manure tie could ever be for a Manure fan. So that counters that bit out.

And glory supporter? Arm chair fan? You are?
You come from Cheltenham. You support Manure because they play "big" clubs? And you get worked up when people call you a glory supporter? You basicly support Manure because of the glory you get when you beat European clubs. :rolleyes:

It's easier to support more successful teams as they're more likely to be shown on tv because they are successful. Makes sense if you live miles away supporting a team you can actually watch regularly in some form, even if it's just tv, than not at all.
Hardly, you can find a number of online streaming websites. They show more games than any TV chanell in the UK could ever show this season and the past seasons.

Good god this is the worst argument against Man Utd I've ever seen.
Indeed it is so I'll work some magic xox.

Feeble thread.

Passion? Passion is something you get while you're sat in that stand on a Monday night freezing your arse off while it's pissing it down. Not sat infront of a fire cheering and shouting at your 42" HD TV with a mug of hot chocolate in your hand.

Buying the merchandise makes them a true fan? Yeh sure, spend your £30 on a shirt mate, I'll spend my £95 this season and my £400 next season on my ST, add the expenses for the away trips. Anyone over the age of 30 looks like a idiot wearing a replica shirt with a players name on the back.

And never heard of a train? Or even coaches organised by fan clubs?!? These coaches are really good, pay £5-20 and they take you to the ground AND back!!! So you can still save some cash for driving tests!

Ditto

What will you do if Leicester got promoted and Manure needed to win the final game of the season to win the PL while Leicester needed to win the final game to survive another season in the PL and they were playing each other? :rolleyes:

Oh god, you did not just say that?

Wootzeh, just because i support manchester united and cheltenham town doesnt mean im a glory hunter. Grow up. Even if manchester united were **** i would still support them. People from england, dont always support England, they may go for Italy or w/e.
No you wouldn't, if Manure were **** and did **** all in the 90s and 2000s you would never of worn a replica shirt. Don't ********. :rolleyes:

so by what your saying, i should just stop support man u, which i have been supporting this i was little, because im not from manchester. And focus more on cheltenham..
Yep.

eption;5651761']But alot more reasons why to support them ;)
Like what? Glory eh? And the Manure fans don't like the term "Glory Supporter"?

busybabes
04-03-2009, 04:59 PM
these united fans who say they buy all the merchandise and home/away shirts are muppets. it one of the worst things you can do.. you will never be a top red like me.

LUHG

Andeeh
04-03-2009, 05:17 PM
I support man u now cause they win stuff

Minstrels
04-03-2009, 05:19 PM
I support man u now cause they win stuff
Given up on Liverpool? :(

busybabes
04-03-2009, 05:22 PM
its funny how he is taking the piss out of united fans but he is a liverpool fan from brighton. U probably ended up supporting liverpool because "they win things"

[DC]eption
04-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Depends if you're lieing or not :rolleyes:

Ive support Utd since i was in primary school at then because i liked the kit but that doesnt make a differnce i have stuck with them.

Been to the UTD v newcaslte match at OT this season, Blackburn V UTD at ewood twice. I know it isnt all that much, and i wouldnt consider myself a full blown supporter, but i support them none the less. I know the history of UTD and love the way we play football. You can tell the glory supporters when people who supposdly support them call us "Man U" which is disrespectful to all those involved in Munich.

Minstrels
04-03-2009, 05:45 PM
eption;5652265']Ive support Utd since i was in primary school at then because i liked the kit but that doesnt make a differnce i have stuck with them.

Been to the UTD v newcaslte match at OT this season, Blackburn V UTD at ewood twice. I know it isnt all that much, and i wouldnt consider myself a full blown supporter, but i support them none the less. I know the history of UTD and love the way we play football. You can tell the glory supporters when people who supposdly support them call us "Man U" which is disrespectful to all those involved in Munich.
Indeed it is which is why me and Dawson were a bit perplexed when Manure "fans" started saying "Man U" in the Munich thread last season. I've seen someone say it in this one in all. Shocking.

[DC]eption
04-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Indeed it is which is why me and Dawson were a bit perplexed when Manure "fans" started saying "Man U" in the Munich thread last season. I've seen someone say it in this one in all. Shocking.

You have found your glory supporters then :P! Whilst i am not the biggest fan far from it infact i do support Utd, whether i live in manchester or not. :D

luce
07-03-2009, 12:05 PM

yeah but i have no football teams so that doesn't really apply to me. I would have to suport an overseas club :D

Loser
07-03-2009, 08:26 PM
yeah but i have no football teams so that doesn't really apply to me. I would have to suport an overseas club :D

Why not one of the South coast teams?

PaulMacC
08-03-2009, 12:50 AM
I support a local team and a premier league team. I go to the local team's matches every week though :P
I go to about 3 arsenal matches a season cause it's like £300 a match per person :S

Wootzeh
10-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I support a local team and a premier league team. I go to the local team's matches every week though :P
I go to about 3 arsenal matches a season cause it's like £300 a match per person :S
£300 a match?
http://www.arsenal.com/membership/buy-tickets

leah
10-03-2009, 12:02 PM
eption;5651761']But alot more reasons why to support them ;)
no, really there isn't :S

anyway it's dead annoying how people support manchester united just because they win things, loads of people that aren't even into football say they support them and most can't even name one player, to support a team you have to strongly follow them, follow the results and actually care about it, half of manu fans don't care they just say they're fans because they win stuff.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!