PDA

View Full Version : Legalize Marijuana?

Soy
01-03-2009, 11:58 PM
As most of you probably know, Marijuana yet again moved up into a Class B drug. One of their arguements for this was 'Cannabis is being used almost like a stepping stone for other harder drugs'

I counter this and say that Cannabis is going to be less available from drug dealers now which will make drug addicts go on to harmfull drugs, cannabis has been proven to not be that harmful to ones health and not an addictive substance. Actually theroies suggest that small ammounts can help the nervous system and such.

Discuss,

I'll start you off with a Religous arguement;

In Genesis it states, 'God put herbs and plants on the earth for Humans to use'
so why are we going against the teachings of Jesus and making it a civil sin to use a plant provided by our creator?

FlyingJesus
02-03-2009, 12:02 AM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=546847

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=559882

James!
02-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Um no, everybody who lives in a country has to follow the law and not a biblical statement.

02-03-2009, 12:06 AM
because not everyones a christain ;)

Soy
02-03-2009, 12:20 AM
because not everyones a christain ;)

Then why should we stop someone from fulfilling their life choice? If they want to put themselves at risk that's no skin off my nose. There's something called freedom.

And if cannabis was legalised, we could make sure that farmers in developing countries would be paid fairly and would bring in more jobs to those countries.

Also how many people do you know who buy cannabis? There's atleast 30+ people I know who smoke it on a regular basis. Are they in jail? I think not

02-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Then why should we stop someone from fulfilling their life choice? If they want to put themselves at risk that's no skin off my nose. There's something called freedom.

And if cannabis was legalised, we could make sure that farmers in developing countries would be paid fairly and would bring in more jobs to those countries.

Also how many people do you know who buy cannabis? There's atleast 30+ people I know who smoke it on a regular basis. Are they in jail? I think notlol i dont care whether people smoke weed or not, doesent harm me so why should i care. if it was legalized i think youd notice less people buying it becuase the government would tax the hell out of it.

Arch
07-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Well id say yeah cuz i smoke it although id still smoke it if it wasnt(which it isnt) so yerr i dunno don't really matter gonna happen either way.

RedStratocas
07-03-2009, 04:02 AM
i dont really care if it is or not, im still smokin it once and a while. its not hard to get a hold of really. everyone says the price would go up and they would tax it and stuff, but honestly i think everyone would just grow their own plants. i guess thats why they arent legalizing it, theres no way to make money on it.

tdi
07-03-2009, 04:10 AM
i don't think it will be legalised any time soon. as it's easy to grow you will find that people will bypass the government taxing scheme by growing it themselves, thus it will be very hard to tax. on top of this it would be very hard to police in terms of drug driving, as in there are no tests afaik to tell how much of it is in your system unlike alcohol where they can measure the quantities.

Smarteh.
09-03-2009, 09:50 PM
No No No its not right. Too many people are taking advantage now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!