PDA

View Full Version : Worried about passing GCSE's

Bouncing
03-03-2009, 07:55 PM
I failed my two modules I've done so far which is maths and science, i did a maths resit today and think ive done OK but still got of chance of failing AGAIN. Also got science tomorrow not resit though just another one. I'm so scared that my life is going to shatter when I'm older. I desperatley want to do well but I need maths and science to get in to my sixth form and I want to go to uni. I can get 5 gcse's which is what I need but the actual subject I need I have a feeling I'm going to fail. I do revise allot and have tutors, but I don't know if I'm just plain thick. how are your gcse's going?

Twist
03-03-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm just going into my GCSE work and I'm not sweating it :8.
Lol sorry to put you down but yeah, just talk to someone about your nerves and if you think about it even if you don't get that many, alot of famous celebrities and famous people in general only got like 1 or 2 GCSE's ;).

Immenseman
03-03-2009, 07:58 PM
You have to be calm and collected, with hindsight I would say GCSEs are easy in comparison to A Level work. You need to speak to your tutor or your teachers about any concerns you have. I failed modules, I failed resits. Hey, I have 10 GCSEs! (A-C)

Bouncing
03-03-2009, 08:00 PM
hahaha and the chances of me being famous are very unlikely ! Hmm, the work is harder in A level but at least you do subjects your strongest at (I'm assuming thats how you chose the subjects for A level)

Immenseman
03-03-2009, 08:03 PM
hahaha and the chances of me being famous are very unlikely ! Hmm, the work is harder in A level but at least you do subjects your strongest at (I'm assuming thats how you chose the subjects for A level)
True but I wouldn't worry about them pal. In fact the way we did our maths GCSE was coursework, 3 modules one final exam. I failed 2 of the 3 modules thus I only had one module so we couldn't use my modules. So I went into the final exam knowing that the 2 papers (calc and non calc) were 80% of my whole maths gcse, still passed though.

Bouncing
03-03-2009, 08:22 PM
yeah...hmm we will see at the end of next year how I do. that will probably be the most crucial time of my life so far haha

CJW93
Yes I'm doing science tomorrow too

RESPECT

Bouncing
good luck !

CJW93
03-03-2009, 08:23 PM
To you to,

Foundation or higher?

Immenseman
03-03-2009, 08:24 PM
lol i have 2 gcses in science the first one was a practical and all multiple choice haha loved it. even if you had no idea you had a 25% chance of getting it right, that was class.

CJW93
03-03-2009, 08:26 PM
That what we are doing tomorrow.

Clever little things

Bouncing
03-03-2009, 08:30 PM
haha yeah. im doing foundation you?

CJW93
03-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Same, I'm doing B1B and C1A

you?

Madox
03-03-2009, 08:58 PM
haha yeah. im doing foundation you?

dnt sweat foundation science ull piss through it, what the teachers say to revise u never ever need

RandomManJay
03-03-2009, 09:55 PM
I used to go into my module exams thinking what the heck, I've I pass it I pass it, and if I fail it I'll resit it, and just got psyched up into a good mood and laughed it off afterwards :P Altogether I got a D in the overall modules score and I still got a B grade overall after my final exam. They're designed to be stressful, but just revise regularly and just keep thinking that they're only GCSE's, you've got plenty of time and there are always other routes to take if you dont get what you need, so just relax and take an hour each night to just lie back and chill :P.

Bouncing
04-03-2009, 08:04 AM
I'm doing 1a or something not sure.
Yeah, but tbh there not ONLY gcse's you need them for a sixth form and my sixth form requires a C in maths english and science :(

Kightly
04-03-2009, 04:18 PM
I done my Biology 1b and 1a today on foundation, kind of easy got stuck on a few questions though (hopes i get atleast a c)

Bouncing
04-03-2009, 07:10 PM
i think i might of failed by 1 mark :l

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!