PDA

View Full Version : GCSE exam

Pix
06-03-2009, 07:16 PM
yea so i was having my science gcse exams today (Chemistry, Biology and Physics) all in a row. After i finished my paper and there was lyk 1 min left my freind askd me if that was the final paper and i said i dno. after lyk 10 seconds the examiner came to us and said we was exchanging answers. Apparently we can now be banned from all edexcel papers in the future and a perm exclusion from the school. :S? Can it really happen?

dirrty
06-03-2009, 07:21 PM
probably won't happen, but yeah they can do that or "softer" punishments (compared to the one you stated anyway) such as failing you on that exam. the rule is that you don't talk to anyone, full stop. so even if you were saying something irrelevant to the exam, you should just ignore all communications until you leave the exam.

i doubt you would get expelled though. was the examiner just warning you or is he/she taking it further than just a warning?

Jackk
06-03-2009, 07:39 PM
ive seen people shouting out in exams and nothing hasnt happened to them besides getting sent out of the exam, doubt they will fail you or anything else you mentioned tbh.

Pix
06-03-2009, 07:58 PM
i doubt you would get expelled though. was the examiner just warning you or is he/she taking it further than just a warning? Further than a warning lol. He was telling me how its totally unnaceptable and i will suffer concequences etc. plus they called my parents in for a meeting on monday lul.

Geraint
06-03-2009, 08:02 PM
as soon as our papers are taken in we start talking. :S

edit: oh, during the exam, i see. shouldn't talk till your paper is given in.

Krusty
06-03-2009, 08:11 PM
just to be safe i wouldnt have spoke at all tbh
gcse exams are important!!!!

dirrty
06-03-2009, 08:14 PM
just hope that he'll just give you a warning when he talks to your parents on monday. otherwise if he takes it further, you may be screwed lol.

Pix
06-03-2009, 08:19 PM
just hope that he'll just give you a warning when he talks to your parents on monday. otherwise if he takes it further, you may be screwed lol.

exactly.. im suprised how far hes taking it tbh.

PriceTags
07-03-2009, 07:42 PM
You could be excluded from further Edexcel papers for it, but it could go any way. It's a known fact that you should never talk during an exam, so it sort of serves you right. For all he knows you could have been exchanging answers. It's his job to keep everything in order and stop people from exchanging answers. He might just be doing it to teach you a lesson and make an example of you to warn you and the other people in the exam not to do it again, and let you off.

Keep us updated.

Supersam
07-03-2009, 08:08 PM
just to be safe i wouldnt have spoke at all tbh
gcse exams are important!!!!

Not really... just important to get into college... after that they dont really mean much.

And you can be excluded from all exams and/or get no marks for that exam.

Why would you have said anything in an exam though? :S

Kipp
07-03-2009, 08:21 PM
To be safe, next time don't talk until the papers have been picked up from your exam table. Yes, i'm sure they can banned you from exams if they wanted to, I know this because it's happend to me before. :P

luce
07-03-2009, 10:44 PM
yea so i was having my science gcse exams today (Chemistry, Biology and Physics) all in a row. After i finished my paper and there was lyk 1 min left my freind askd me if that was the final paper and i said i dno. after lyk 10 seconds the examiner came to us and said we was exchanging answers. Apparently we can now be banned from all edexcel papers in the future and a perm exclusion from the school. :S? Can it really happen?

i took them aswell :D all in a row :8

and yeah it will happen you will miss those exams but i doubt you will be banned from ed all together tbh. They never let things like that go imo. I hope you don't get banned and you can retake those 3 because that's 30% of your GCSE gone if not :D just don't talk simples

Pix
07-03-2009, 10:49 PM
i took them aswell :D all in a row :8

and yeah it will happen you will miss those exams but i doubt you will be banned from ed all together tbh. They never let things like that go imo. I hope you don't get banned and you can retake those 3 because that's 30% of your GCSE gone if not :D just don't talk simples

yea lol, its taught me a lesson. Thanks to everyone btw ;) Ill post here after the meeting on monday.

Favourtism
07-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Not really... just important to get into college... after that they dont really mean much.

And you can be excluded from all exams and/or get no marks for that exam.

Why would you have said anything in an exam though? :S
GCSE's are fairly important actually. As you said they count in getting into college but if you cant get good grades you wont cope with A(S/2) Levels in them at all. Additionally, my freinds parents works at a uni and she said they look at the GCSE's as well as A Levels to see how bright they were when younger and what not.

yea lol, its taught me a lesson. Thanks to everyone btw ;) Ill post here after the meeting on monday.
GL!

Jord
08-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Ouch :s say you already both finished

PriceTags
09-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Ouch :s say you already both finished

It would have been easy for them both to open their papers again and pop some more answers in.

Pix
09-03-2009, 04:44 PM
The meeting lasted 30 seconds.. I was warned and its not even going on my records or anything..:)!

Crimson
09-03-2009, 05:36 PM
lol, n1 :)

Smarteh.
09-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Thats kinda unlucky. We do our exams in the sports hall and the examiners dont even move they just stare.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!