PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Can Drive On Private Land.

AlexOC
06-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm sure alot of you will know this, i was just reading how..

Anyone under 17 and without a driving license can drive a vechile on private land. But it must be fenced off and not connected to a public highway, And the owner of the land has to give you consent. :/

I might try go out and try it on the weekend, im only 14, but i'm sure my mum would let me take her car out on a field :eusa_whis

scottish
06-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Yeh thats a bit ancient :P

gd luck.

GTA-Andy
06-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Well it kinda speaks for itself. Its your land you can do what you want.

AlexOC
06-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Yeh thats a bit ancient :P

gd luck.

Yeh i know its been a rule for ages, i just kinda think its a bit dodgy, that anyone can get behind a wheel, theres no rule on speed limit, if you have bad eyesight, going up ramps, its like private land is completely immune from any law.

kk.
06-03-2009, 11:10 PM
because you own the land xDD

and yeh i think i knew about this. But youd need to be pretty rich to make use of this law

Bren
06-03-2009, 11:33 PM
thanks for stating the obvious

AlexOC
06-03-2009, 11:44 PM
thanks for stating the obvious

thanks for posting uselessly.

Yeh you'd need big money for a big private field.

Do you need to wear seat belts?

And i suppose you don't need tax or an MOT either, because you can hold a non-MOT/TAXed car on your own land.

Bren
07-03-2009, 12:06 AM
its not pointless, its very obvious you can drive on private land at any age.

no, you dont need to wear seatbelts but you wont be going to do anything dangerous on private land unless youre an idiot and go all over the place. no mot/tax needed as again its private land and the car can be declared as s.o.r.n because again its private land.

GommeInc
07-03-2009, 12:17 AM
thanks for posting uselessly.

Yeh you'd need big money for a big private field.

And i suppose you don't need tax or an MOT either, because you can hold a non-MOT/TAXed car on your own land.
You don't have to own it. I could of driven in my local churchs drive way, because that's private land and the registered owner happens to be my nan :P If you know someone with a field or just enough land, you can go crazy (provided you get the permission). Heck, in TopGear that's private land, and they get celebs on who can't drive.

Jordy
07-03-2009, 02:28 AM
Won't be insured though for any damage to the cars or the land and things on it, it may also render your health insurance useless if you're lucky enough to have some.

BOBBAH
07-03-2009, 02:29 AM
yeh i jus got done rollin thru ma farm wit my '83 cadillac coup deville u know wassah and im only 13

Bren
07-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Won't be insured though for any damage to the cars or the land and things on it, it may also render your health insurance useless if you're lucky enough to have some.
there really is no need to state the obvious. hes obviously not going to get insured at 14/15/underage.

tdi
07-03-2009, 04:02 AM
i had access to a farm alot of the time and i often drove about in it in an old polo bready which I got free.. did loads of driving in it and had great fun, until it got beached in a ditch :P

helped me with my driving as I passed in about 10 hours or something.

AlexOC
07-03-2009, 11:17 AM
i had access to a farm alot of the time and i often drove about in it in an old polo bready which I got free.. did loads of driving in it and had great fun, until it got beached in a ditch :P

Can you put driving on private land down as past experience, rendering you eligible for lower practice hours before you do your test?

Cos i know you can go to a under17 driving school on a private inactive airport strip and you can them hours as some hours towards your 25hours practice or even your 40hours lessons.

Blinger1
07-03-2009, 11:48 AM

To get your license you have to drive for more then 10 hours, during the test :O??!!!

And driving on private property isn't that good, wastes fuel and kills the environment.. not to mention all the greens who will be pissed off!

scottish
07-03-2009, 11:50 AM
No test is like 30 mins.

Ashhizzle
07-03-2009, 12:11 PM
To get your license you have to drive for more then 10 hours, during the test :O??!!!

And driving on private property isn't that good, wastes fuel and kills the environment.. not to mention all the greens who will be pissed off!
Kills the environment?

who cares about the environment accept the greens?

& mabye you haha

i'm aloud to drive in our drive, Its pretty big too :P

lew!
07-03-2009, 02:16 PM
I've drove in asda car park, I wish one of my relatives had a unused field as a garden :(

FlyingJesus
07-03-2009, 02:20 PM

The fact that you're asking this shows you shouldn't be driving

Technologic
07-03-2009, 02:27 PM
i've driven my friend's landrover before (he lives on some huge ass ex-farm).

i was **** at it

Hitman
07-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Yeh i know its been a rule for ages, i just kinda think its a bit dodgy, that anyone can get behind a wheel, theres no rule on speed limit, if you have bad eyesight, going up ramps, its like private land is completely immune from any law.
Well, not really. It isn't immune. For example, it's illegal to murder somebody on private land, or to harbour illegal immigrants, etc. Driving on private land is different... there's almost no chance that you'll hit anybody or another car.

Excellent2
07-03-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm going for a spin.

AlexOC
07-03-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm going for a spin.

And he never returned...

e5
07-03-2009, 08:43 PM
what about hedged off? or does it have to be a fence lol?

kk.
07-03-2009, 08:46 PM
you dont even need a hedge.. so long as you stay on your land

AlexOC
07-03-2009, 08:52 PM
nope it has to be fenced/hedged off, so the public cant access it.

kk.
07-03-2009, 08:55 PM
hmm, but, tbh, they shouldnt be on your land..

AlexOC
07-03-2009, 09:13 PM
hmm, but, tbh, they shouldnt be on your land..

They may be lost and wandering around, then BAM Car grill in their face!

Ashhizzle
08-03-2009, 12:21 AM
They may be lost and wandering around, then BAM Car grill in their face!

Ewwww a face on my new grill!

haha

& Flyingjebus, I think he was on about the law no seatbelts when driving on private land, not wether its sensible to or not... ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!