View Full Version : England vs West indies 5th Test

Andeeh
10-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Last day less than 35 overs to go and still 7 wickets to get

can it happen?

need to win this to level the series

Smiddy
11-03-2009, 12:07 AM
I can only go from Scorecards and Match Analysis, but Strauss bottled it again?
In the 4th test he showed some ruthlessness by declaring to deny Tim Ambrose a century, but can't do the same for Pietersen? Team before the player; he'd understand that (KP).
I cannot believe Strauss was holding out for less overs to bowl in :S!! They only needed 200 to win.
They need a serious pace bowler in their squad, not one-test players like Pattinson and Kahn. Who cares if they're expensive, we just conceded +70 extra's!! It can't be worse than that. Just someone who can strike and cause problems consistently. The rest of the line-up is complete bar Flintoff returning to replace a spinner, and SOMEONE, I'd rec Robbie Joseph still! to replace one of the spinners.

Andeeh
11-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Yea i reckon we should have declared a 20 mins before lunch and we would have been able to bowl 2 crucial overs and set them a score of about 200 which would tempt the windies. Khan was shocking the amount of extras he conceded we havent been able to get 20 wickets in a test match all winter and its not suprising we drew again antigua comes to mind.

Smiddy
12-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Kahn was the main problem, it was the 52 Byes that were a huge problem.. That goes against the WK, not the bowler.
They should of gone for a small 150 total, then have the fielders in, see if they Windies would of been tempted by the low score and 2 - 0 series win; or flop on there bellies.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!