PDA

View Full Version : Omg omg omg (New Eurofighter being designed)

Breakfloor
19-03-2009, 08:04 PM
my uncle is one of the people chosen to help design the new mark of the eurofighter and omg, i saw the drawing board sketches and it look ******* beautiful, there wasnt going to be a new mark of the eurofighter designed untill 2015 or something which is quite early for the plane but its being designed now, i cant scan the sketches as i no longer have them (in my uncles suit case, hes back from the RAF for 2 weeks leave, generous?)

i dont know why but im so excited about this project. the reason its been put forward is because of the lightning mark II which is supposed to be the most advanced all around plane of the next 15 years but the eurofighter is going to blow it out of the water.

yay yay, their secondary flight path is over my house so ill see them once a week!

Technologic
19-03-2009, 08:58 PM
It'll be at least 4-5 years before they actually begin building and testing won't it? And another 5-10 for delivery....

myke
19-03-2009, 09:12 PM
urmmm... it's a good job you didn't scan the drawings in.. mighta been a breach of a dnd policy

Technologic
19-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Get the MoD on yo' ass brap

xxMATTGxx
19-03-2009, 09:25 PM
my uncle is one of the people chosen to help design the new mark of the eurofighter and omg, i saw the drawing board sketches and it look ******* beautiful, there wasnt going to be a new mark of the eurofighter designed untill 2015 or something which is quite early for the plane but its being designed now, i cant scan the sketches as i no longer have them (in my uncles suit case, hes back from the RAF for 2 weeks leave, generous?)

i dont know why but im so excited about this project. the reason its been put forward is because of the lightning mark II which is supposed to be the most advanced all around plane of the next 15 years but the eurofighter is going to blow it out of the water.

yay yay, their secondary flight path is over my house so ill see them once a week!

It's being designed because of the lighting mark II and wants the Typhoon to kick its butt? Well isn't it funny that the RAF have orders on the F-35.... Hmm, I wait until I heard about this from official sources to be honest.

Luke
19-03-2009, 09:33 PM
How comes, no new mark or any development news was announced when I was at coningsby? I know MANY Raf Personnel and none of them knew about it
I don't think they need a new mark tbh, the current, is good enough, and the RAF don't want to over power Lockheed, since they are customers of it.

xxMATTGxx
19-03-2009, 09:35 PM
How comes, no new mark or any development news was announced when I was at coningsby?
I don't think they need a new mark tbh, the current, is good enough, and the RAF don't want to over power Lockheed, since they are customers of it.

Exactly and another point to consider is that the Typhoon and the F-35 are made for two different jobs anyway. So yeah, I hardly think the RAF would want the typhoon to beat the F-35 due to them being customers. Which they just bought three test aircraft the other day :)

Breakfloor
20-03-2009, 12:55 PM
i see what your saying, i think i put it across wrong. its not that they want to beat it as we have a hell of alot of F-35's ordered for the royal navy. it also wasnt announced at conningsby because the idea was only put across late last month.
and 13 years untill its out apparently
but still

xxMATTGxx
20-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Either way, even if this is "true" you still shouldn't be posting it. Im sure the RAF would like to know why you are posting leak Intel over a forum. Oh and the F-35s are for The Royal Air force as well, not just the navy :)

Breakfloor
27-03-2009, 05:17 PM
no actually matt, the F35s are only being used as navy fighter jets along with the harrier. the RAF no longer use vertical take off jets.

iAdam
27-03-2009, 06:28 PM
no actually matt, the F35s are only being used as navy fighter jets along with the harrier. the RAF no longer use vertical take off jets.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/equipment/offensive.cfm

Incorrect.

xxMATTGxx
04-04-2009, 10:28 PM

Sorry for the late reply. Hmm, like Adam has pointed out it says they have Harriers in their fleet. Which you said the "RAF no longer use vertical take off jets". The F-35 will be in the Royal Air Force and the Royal Navy.

The following is taken from the RAF website:

The Joint Strike Fighter, which is being built by Lockheed Martin as the F35, will be known in UK service as the Joint Combat Aircraft (JCA) and is planned to replace the RAF and RN’s Harriers

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!