PDA

View Full Version : F1 rule change changed again: Wins not to decide until 2010

Hecktix
21-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Yeah after the teams kicked off (mainly mclaren) they have decided to hold the new system until 2010. The traditional points system will be in use this year!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7955790.stm

Titch
21-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Yeah after the teams kicked off (mainly mclaren) they have decided to hold the new system until 2010. The traditional points system will be in use this year!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7955790.stm

Actually dear its becuase the FOTA lodged a compplaint becuase they cant implenment the rule this soon without all teams approval, not one team gave approval!

Hecktix
21-03-2009, 09:43 AM
they can do what they want they'd just lose teams which isn't what they want and i'm not surprised no team approved 'cause lets face it, it ruins racing.

Titch
21-03-2009, 10:26 AM
they can do what they want they'd just lose teams which isn't what they want and i'm not surprised no team approved 'cause lets face it, it ruins racing.

Actually they cant, they is a contract signed between all teams and FIA at start of every season. In this it states they cannont instugate a rule within 19 days of start event without all teams approval. ;)

And yes you are right, the rule would ruin F1, What, i think its 14 world champions now have turned round and said its stupid rule? Including Lewis, Fernando and Micheal.

Jordy
21-03-2009, 12:23 PM
I disagree, this was a very good change and would make it far more exciting to watch, drivers would risk more and attempt to over-take a lot more in-order to win races rather than settle for some points.

e5
21-03-2009, 12:36 PM
NEW THINGY DOESN'T SEEM THAT BAD....

CJW93
21-03-2009, 04:02 PM
I prefer the points system tbh

tm
21-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Points system made more sense to me too. The last-minute nature of this change was really shocking and I doubt something like this would happen in any other professional sport.

I'm glad they've postponed it, it wasn't fair on the teams or drivers to just drop the changes on them so late in the day.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!