PDA

View Full Version : Am i making a big mistake?

Richie
24-03-2009, 03:33 AM
Hey guys,
Well i kinda have left school (Bad idea i know), i am 17 years of age and i was wondering do you think im making a big mistake, should i try get a good decent career now that i will enjoy or sha'll i go back to school in september and finish my final two years and then hopefully go too university, i think im trying to tell myself something or somethings trying to tell me to go back to school, anywhere i look its always 'Collage this Collage that', Im currently in search for a decent career and if that does not work out im hopefully going back to school in september, but if i do do this that will mean when i leave school i will be nearly 20... what should i do i really need advice.

Also maybe some of you could tell me some decent careers that i could look into, this is the sort of job im looking for

o A job that will keep me fit whilst working
o A job that i could use for life
o A job with not university degrees (as i only have my GCSE'S)
o A job that maybe involves music (as i love music)

I was thinking airport security but job applications dont seem to be open at the moment, does anyone have any advice, I really need it, also please post below if anyone has a good job idea that may reach some of the standards above.

Sorry i made you read all that :(, but thanks for taking the time :)

Thanks,
DarkEnemy.

Angel-Charlene
24-03-2009, 06:39 AM
I think your silly, I'd do anything to go back to school, get a few grades. The partyin come after, when your in uni. Noone enjoys learning at school but its a part of life, you will regret when your older.
I was pulled out of my school when I was 15 to move to spain. I went school there but it was crap. My grades mean nothing to british standards.
Don't throw it away while you have the chance to have it it.
Finding it too dificult, ask yiur teacher, keep asking untill you unerstand the subject. Sometimes im there for half an hour trying to understand a spanish person its like "mate i dont know what you want" :P
This is my opinion, studies first, habbo and other things later.
xx

*Edit* Airport Security also go through tests and you have to study to on the right to wrong. Terriosts .... all that stuff x

Richie
24-03-2009, 06:44 AM
I think your silly, I'd do anything to go back to school, get a few grades. The partyin come after, when your in uni. Noone enjoys learning at school but its a part of life, you will regret when your older.
I was pulled out of my school when I was 15 to move to spain. I went school there but it was crap. My grades mean nothing to british standards.
Don't throw it away while you have the chance to have it it.
Finding it too dificult, ask yiur teacher, keep asking untill you unerstand the subject. Sometimes im there for half an hour trying to understand a spanish person its like "mate i dont know what you want" :P
This is my opinion, studies first, habbo and other things later.
xx

You have a good point, but its hard to explain, i really like school because of my mates mainly, but i just cant keep up with work like i forget things easy and i know thats no excuse, i wont be able to go back to school untill september anyway due to i have missed more days than i have been in and i know thats a disgrace but i really dont know what to do :(

Anyway Charlene thanks for the help +REP

Angel-Charlene
24-03-2009, 06:52 AM
Well only thing you can do, go back in sep.
Some people can't stick things in their head. Everyone's different. At least tell your teacher, who's ever teaching you.
For learning..try shorten things down, for example... 1066, king edward dead, no next king, harold 2nd & duke william fight for throne...etc

Short words like that are way easier to learn, its the most important things that are important, put the smart words in between will make it look better. (In 1066, King Edward died leaving noone to take the throne. This caused hell, therefor Harold the second and Duke Willian fought for the throne....

I hope this helps, its what I had to do in hairdressing course in spanish. That was hard.
x

Ramones
24-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Ever thought about the army?

Four
24-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Go to college and take a course you enjoy.

Maybe take an appreticeship or something that will get you money at the same time!

Richie
24-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Ever thought about the army?

Lol im not Really fit, otherwise i would.

Maybe take an appreticeship or something that will get you money at the same time!

Hmm its a big decision to make, as if i do go to collage (which is probably for the best dont get me wrong) but then il be llke really old.

Four
24-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Hmm its a big decision to make, as if i do go to collage (which is probably for the best dont get me wrong) but then il be llke really old.

theres plenty of older people there, its for any ages :)

Richie
24-03-2009, 01:16 PM

This Really helped and im looking into plumbing also a big thank you to you too char +REP

RedStratocas
24-03-2009, 01:37 PM
i dunno about the u.k., but here in the u.s., although you can certainly start thinking about a career when youre 17, you don't really have to until way later. i'm already in a university and almost done with my first year and i have no idea what i want to be.

Richie
24-03-2009, 01:45 PM
i dunno about the u.k., but here in the u.s., although you can certainly start thinking about a career when youre 17, you don't really have to until way later. i'm already in a university and almost done with my first year and i have no idea what i want to be.

Yeah, I know what you mean mate but dont you feel like that you should know? because i feel that i really need to know what im doing.

Jord
24-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Yeh I think you should go back, Try get a couple of GCSE's And get a good job

Cysne
24-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Lol im not Really fit, otherwise i would.

The army doesnt require ''Army'' Fitness straight away, you only need to be able to do 44 press up's in like two minutes.

You get army fit from been in the army, not from been a civi

Angel-Light
24-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean mate but dont you feel like that you should know? because i feel that i really need to know what im doing.

You don't have to necessarily know. I'm half way through my first year at Uni (only got 2 months till I'm no longer a newbie :() and I have just changed my course. I originally wanted to be a teacher but now I've changed so got no idea what I want to do when I graduate.

We can only offer you advice but the biggest decision is down to you. Write down your priorities and go and speak to someone. Don't be worried about feeling old, one of my best friends at uni is around 40 years old as he is a laugh :P

iAdam
24-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Most people in this thread have covered good options, I would certainly think about the army, armed forces in your case however as you have said airport security may be something you want to go into, I'd look into it and try and get a career in that before you decide on anything further.

Hope I helped,
Adam.

clueless
27-03-2009, 04:24 PM
You seem very reluctant to go back into education and that makes me think as if it just isnt for you, so if i were you i would get out there getting as much experience as you can whilst the recession is going on as they will be needing as much help as they can get and it will be valuable for you
and when things start to look brighter then start jobhunting

Breakfloor
27-03-2009, 04:46 PM
The army, the RAF regiment or the royal marines. do it or fail at life.

luce
27-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Stay in school buddy we have already spoken about this and you know wat i think!!

spark1555
30-03-2009, 03:33 PM
U remind me of my friend alex

hmm about what u should do is difficult im 16 i went to askan byran college but im not sure u have to have a long and hard think about it only u can make the decision.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!