PDA

View Full Version : My future

GoldenMerc
24-03-2009, 03:52 PM
well at the momment im studying IT on a level 1 course, im on level 1 becuase of my attendance and grades at school. I have been thinking maybe i could hit myself up to level 3 in the next couple of years then instead of Uni go to the army? iv got maths and english grades as i have to do them every year at college but is the army a better plus than uni for a job?
Ross

Cysne
24-03-2009, 04:25 PM
well at the momment im studying IT on a level 1 course, im on level 1 becuase of my attendance and grades at school. I have been thinking maybe i could hit myself up to level 3 in the next couple of years then instead of Uni go to the army? iv got maths and english grades as i have to do them every year at college but is the army a better plus than uni for a job?
Ross

The army is completly different to a job. When you come out of the army, your life will never be the same as been in the army. It depends what sort of person you are, plus what you want to do in the army.

Army = Easier to get into
Uni = Harder to get into, more dept, your life in your control.

GoldenMerc
24-03-2009, 04:33 PM
I want to do something around IT in ether the army or uni, i was told by my tutor if i finished level 3 with a merit grade i'd have enuf UCAS points for a good uni course but yeh

[DC]eption
24-03-2009, 05:25 PM
How come the Army over any other armed forces? And i would choose the forces, but probably favour the RAF over the army

Cysne
24-03-2009, 06:07 PM
I want to do something around IT in ether the army or uni, i was told by my tutor if i finished level 3 with a merit grade i'd have enuf UCAS points for a good uni course but yeh

You can get a degree level in the army also, but seriously, you go to uni, then what? You get a job in a office somewere, nothing exciting.

Or you could be a Intelligence, IT and Communications, using a Xbox360 controller to fly navigation, intelligence and scout planes. I know which I'd choose. :)

Immenseman
24-03-2009, 06:57 PM
own a habbo site full time. i think i should go to uni purely because i think it'd enhance your life more considerably than the armed forces.

Jord
24-03-2009, 07:11 PM
No if you have "Went to army" On your application form, the army you could be brain dead and get into the army you dont need to do anything apart from be fit and be able to shoot a weapon

Minstrels
24-03-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm not allowed in the army.

Excellent2
24-03-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm not allowed in the army.Because you'd be shot within the first week of deployment.

I think you should bump up your level 1 to level 3 and go to Uni :)

Cysne
24-03-2009, 07:51 PM
No if you have "Went to army" On your application form, the army you could be brain dead and get into the army you dont need to do anything apart from be fit and be able to shoot a weapon

Because that's what its like, thats about as good a sterotype as saying
Black people play wing on football because they can't think but there fast.
English people can only win sports when sitting down, cycling, rowing. etc
Quater backs are always the good looking middleclass / rich whitemen, blacks are the forwards and smashy smashy people.

Please, get a clue. :<

Nixt
24-03-2009, 07:55 PM
eption;5697889']How come the Army over any other armed forces? And i would choose the forces, but probably favour the RAF over the army

Because he might want to be a Soldier before a tradesman.

You can get a degree level in the army also, but seriously, you go to uni, then what? You get a job in a office somewere, nothing exciting.

Or you could be a Intelligence, IT and Communications, using a Xbox360 controller to fly navigation, intelligence and scout planes. I know which I'd choose. :)

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE do not believe everything you see on the TV. The Army really isn't all flying UAVs with XBOX Controllers :rolleyes:. Trust me.

Ross, go for what you think would do you better. The Army life is a good life but it's a case of making the decision which is better for you, not what everyone else thinks.

Minstrels
24-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Because you'd be shot within the first week of deployment.

I think you should bump up your level 1 to level 3 and go to Uni :)
No, more because a family member used to be in the army so if I went in I'd be given ****. ;)

Cysne
24-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Because he might want to be a Soldier before a tradesman.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE do not believe everything you see on the TV. The Army really isn't all flying UAVs with XBOX Controllers :rolleyes:. Trust me.

Ross, go for what you think would do you better. The Army life is a good life but it's a case of making the decision which is better for you, not what everyone else thinks.

They american army, actually DO use Xbox360 controllers. Sorry :(
For proof of americans:
http://www.pyrosoft.co.uk/blog/2007/11/04/army-fly-uav-spy-plane-with-xbox-360-controller/

The english army use none-microsoft trade ones, but the same design apart from markings, the link can be seen here:
http://www.pyrosoft.co.uk/blog/2007/11/04/army-fly-uav-spy-plane-with-xbox-360-controller/
and the email proof here:
Headquarters
Army Recruiting and Training Division
Trenchard Lines
Upavon
Pewsey
Wiltshire SN9 6BE
Telephone: 01980 615065
Facsimile: 01980 615078

D/ARTD/1/3/12/1 75017

29 April 2008

Mr P Manders

Dear Mr Manders,

Thank you for your email of 8 April to the Ministry of Defence regarding an Army
Recruitment Video. I have been asked to reply.

The highly sophisticated mini Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) shown in the advert
is the Desert Hawk 3 which is currently deployed on operations in Iraq. Desert
Hawk 3 is a portable UAV surveillance system which provides aerial video
reconnaissance. The equipment can be used for a variety of tasks, such as force
protection for convoys and patrols, route clearance, base security, reconnaissance
or target tracking.

The system used to control the planes has been adapted by Lockheed Martin and
although the controller used by the soldiers to fly the plane is very similar to a
Microsoft Xbox 360 controller, it is not the same. You will see that there is no
Microsoft wording on the controller nor a wired headset port.

The advert demonstrates that the skills and abilities that an individual develops in
their life prior to joining the Army may have a critical application within the British
Army on operations today.

I hope this is helpful.

Yours Sincerely

Jodie C Spreadbury

Please, guys, stop letting me make you look like fools. :(

Nixt
24-03-2009, 08:05 PM

Maybe they do, but there is a lot more to the army than that! No need to apologise :P

No, more because a family member used to be in the army so if I went in I'd be given ****. ;)

Erm. It's the army, whoever you are and whatever you've done you get given ****? I don't see why you would be given **** for that though, I didn't see that happen when I was in basic.

Minstrels
24-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Pst... he's in the army. :eusa_wall

Cysne
24-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Plus the americans, again, who'd of thought it, the most overweight nation in the country use games controllers.
Plus

PS2 Controllers for Bomb Robots. They aren't the exact same, but they are pretty much PS2 Controllers.

Minstrels
24-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Maybe they do, but there is a lot more to the army than that! No need to apologise :P

Erm. It's the army, whoever you are and whatever you've done you get given ****? I don't see why you would be given **** for that though, I didn't see that happen when I was in basic.
They'll see my surname and ask what my dads called. Trust me.

Jord
25-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Because that's what its like, thats about as good a sterotype as saying
Black people play wing on football because they can't think but there fast.
English people can only win sports when sitting down, cycling, rowing. etc
Quater backs are always the good looking middleclass / rich whitemen, blacks are the forwards and smashy smashy people.

Please, get a clue. :<

What job are you going to get from the army?

For proof of americans:

The english army use none-microsoft trade ones, but the same design apart from markings, the link can be seen here:
and the email proof here:
Headquarters
Army Recruiting and Training Division
Trenchard Lines
Upavon
Pewsey
Wiltshire SN9 6BE
Telephone: 01980 615065
Facsimile: 01980 615078

D/ARTD/1/3/12/1 75017

29 April 2008

Mr P Manders

Dear Mr Manders,

Thank you for your email of 8 April to the Ministry of Defence regarding an Army
Recruitment Video. I have been asked to reply.

The highly sophisticated mini Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) shown in the advert
is the Desert Hawk 3 which is currently deployed on operations in Iraq. Desert
Hawk 3 is a portable UAV surveillance system which provides aerial video
reconnaissance. The equipment can be used for a variety of tasks, such as force
protection for convoys and patrols, route clearance, base security, reconnaissance
or target tracking.

The system used to control the planes has been adapted by Lockheed Martin and
although the controller used by the soldiers to fly the plane is very similar to a
Microsoft Xbox 360 controller, it is not the same. You will see that there is no
Microsoft wording on the controller nor a wired headset port.

The advert demonstrates that the skills and abilities that an individual develops in
their life prior to joining the Army may have a critical application within the British
Army on operations today.

I hope this is helpful.

Yours Sincerely

Jodie C Spreadbury

Please, guys, stop letting me make you look like fools. :(

Controllers not even on

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!