PDA

View Full Version : Glory Supproters

[DC]eption
26-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Please give me your opinions on what a glory supporter is.

Due to being a Utd fan and living outside Manchester I have been getting called this, with people saying I obviously support Manchester because they are succesful and im not a true fan because I do not come from their.

Yet people supporting lower/less succesful teams supporters who are not from the place were the team is from are not moaned at? I agree that there isnt as many people from outside the local area supporting these teams but it still happens and doesnt make them any less of a supporter.

Wootzeh
26-03-2009, 11:02 PM
if they don't get any glory, cant be a glory supporter can they? :D

leah
26-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Exactly, however, I think that a glory supporter is someone who doesn't follow scores, watch games or have any genuine feelings for any club, yet they say they're fans of whoever is good, loads of girls I know do this and it really annoys me.

27-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Above 2 posts pretty much summed up what I was gonna say

luce
27-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Just adding to Leah and Wootzeh: Someone who, if the team don't win anything that season, switch to the club who won the leauge OR another club who is more likely to win. Also someone who follows a player ie Cristiano Ronaldo from club to club :)

Bun
28-03-2009, 12:52 AM
when people know next to **** all about football when you talk with them but when you tell them the United score (:eusa_wall) they act as if they're their biggest fan.

Blinger1
28-03-2009, 11:03 AM
when people know next to **** all about football when you talk with them but when you tell them the United score (:eusa_wall) they act as if they're their biggest fan.
I know this isn't in the UK, its Australia...

But, i 'follow' Geelong (the premiers in '07, and runners up in '08), but i don't go to the games. why? It takes seriously too long to get to the stadium (about 3 hours) and it costs too much (i'm a tight ass!).
I have followed Geelong since i was 6 or 7..

Anyway, i quoted you because I don't know the scores seeing as i have to wake up early and work and they don't really tell you the scores on the radio at work. So i never get to see the games (seeing as i'm at work).

GLORY HUNTER BLINGER!11111111

Bun
28-03-2009, 11:13 AM

But, i 'follow' Geelong (the premiers in '07, and runners up in '08), but i don't go to the games. why? It takes seriously too long to get to the stadium (about 3 hours) and it costs too much (i'm a tight ass!).

Anyway, i quoted you because I don't know the scores seeing as i have to wake up early and work and they don't really tell you the scores on the radio at work. So i never get to see the games (seeing as i'm at work).

do you know the players, history etc?

brandon
28-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi, my name is Coconut Baron. I am from USA. Never been to any games, only have 5 jerseys, only supported after 1999 and think i am a true manchester united supporter. I never miss a game on tv and always on the internet a minute after fulltime. I live too far away to attend any matches. I guess that doesn't matter. Glory, Glory, Man Utd.

:lol:

Jack.Lfc
28-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Things that annoy me at the match:

Foreginers
Children who only go for the halftime sosgedroll or pie
Women

Kyle.tk
28-03-2009, 01:08 PM

/thread

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks :).

Minstrels
28-03-2009, 02:33 PM
In a rush, got to get back to training. I'll give you a nice little post when I get back in a few days.

I know I wont win because this board contains too many simple minded southerners who sing "Glory, glory Man United" while watching highlights on MOTD. However at least I know I've tried and if they're too simple minded not to see the point it's their own fault, not mine.

leah
28-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Things that annoy me at the match:

Foreginers
Children who only go for the halftime sosgedroll or pie
Women
That's stupid, Women have every right to support football.

CJW93
28-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Support football?
Jack's point just been proven

Jack.Lfc
28-03-2009, 08:54 PM
That's stupid, Women have every right to support football.

Thanks for the +rep :D:D:D

luce
28-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Support football?
Jack's point just been proven

Erm not really she meant suport football as in any team they like. :eusa_wall

Implement
29-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Wait till Minstrels gets back and totally rips you apart for being a Manchester United fan. :P

Minstrels
30-03-2009, 03:49 PM
eption;5702709']Please give me your opinions on what a glory supporter is.

Due to being a Utd fan and living outside Manchester I have been getting called this, with people saying I obviously support Manchester because they are succesful and im not a true fan because I do not come from their.

Yet people supporting lower/less succesful teams supporters who are not from the place were the team is from are not moaned at? I agree that there isnt as many people from outside the local area supporting these teams but it still happens and doesnt make them any less of a supporter.

OK then, let's begin. First of all "pal" if you're going to bring this subject up at least spell "Supporter" correct eh?

What defines a glory supporter... well many things actually!

I will be picking bits out of your post to give my post some material and such. I doubt you'll mind considering your the thread starter and are expected to take criticism when you ask for peoples opinions.

First of all, of course you'll be called a glory supporter if you're not from Greater Manchester! You'll be mad to think you wont be... and you know what? The scum that claim to be such "fans" deserve the name, if not worst. You can't even call your club by the correct name mate. As far as I'm aware no professional side is called "Manchester" on it's own. Only ****tards call clubs by a false name, like that transsexual geeza who wants to fly over to Madrid in a few seasons. If you don't support Manure because of the trophy cabinet may I ask why you do support such a scummy club?

Is it because you like being able to talk about the game straight after it's finished with other Manure fans over the Internet because you all can't buy a ticket?

Maybe it's because you like watching games on the T.V where you can hear the commentators brown nose bacon face without the crowd drowning them out.

Or perhaps it's because you can buy a shirt in your local shop even though it's out of the north west?

Your post is a pretty poor one considering this topic is a massivley debated one on this board, care to add some more substance to your argument? As far as I can see you've only said you don't live in Greater Manchester and that you don't support "Manchester" because of the success. You've not told us why you support them.

Jack.LFC, I'm dibbing the "Because my family supports them" excuse, find your own.

Just adding to Leah and Wootzeh: Someone who, if the team don't win anything that season, switch to the club who won the leauge OR another club who is more likely to win. Also someone who follows a player ie Cristiano Ronaldo from club to club :)
Hello Luccy. from down south wearing a Manure top.

I wont even bother... :eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall

Wait till Minstrels gets back and totally rips you apart for being a Manchester United fan. :P
I've lost my will to fight against the simple minded excuses of Manure fans on here.

JackBuddy
30-03-2009, 07:05 PM
live round the corner, you only live round the corner!

Jack.Lfc
30-03-2009, 07:16 PM
I see my name mentioned, why?

[DC]eption
30-03-2009, 09:17 PM
OK then, let's begin. First of all "pal" if you're going to bring this subject up at least spell "Supporter" correct eh?

What defines a glory supporter... well many things actually!

I will be picking bits out of your post to give my post some material and such. I doubt you'll mind considering your the thread starter and are expected to take criticism when you ask for peoples opinions.

First of all, of course you'll be called a glory supporter if you're not from Greater Manchester! You'll be mad to think you wont be... and you know what? The scum that claim to be such "fans" deserve the name, if not worst. You can't even call your club by the correct name mate. As far as I'm aware no professional side is called "Manchester" on it's own. Only ****tards call clubs by a false name, like that transsexual geeza who wants to fly over to Madrid in a few seasons. If you don't support Manure because of the trophy cabinet may I ask why you do support such a scummy club?

Is it because you like being able to talk about the game straight after it's finished with other Manure fans over the Internet because you all can't buy a ticket?

Maybe it's because you like watching games on the T.V where you can hear the commentators brown nose bacon face without the crowd drowning them out.

Or perhaps it's because you can buy a shirt in your local shop even though it's out of the north west?

Your post is a pretty poor one considering this topic is a massivley debated one on this board, care to add some more substance to your argument? As far as I can see you've only said you don't live in Greater Manchester and that you don't support "Manchester" because of the success. You've not told us why you support them.

Jack.LFC, I'm dibbing the "Because my family supports them" excuse, find your own.

Hello Luccy. from down south wearing a Manure top.

I wont even bother... :eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall

I've lost my will to fight against the simple minded excuses of Manure fans on here.

Sorry forgot spelling was so important, you understood what i said didn't you?

i never normally call them Manchester, I must have just missed off the Utd as i think it was late when i posted this thread. But anyways even if i did call us Manchester regularly i don't see how this makes me a glory supporter, and its not as if i call refer to them using the name off the offensive chants.

as to why i support them i have said numerous times, so im not going to type them again to please a muppet like you. I go the games when I can, which is less often as i dont live as close now admittedly.

If it makes you happy calling me a glory supporter carry on. Your painting all fans outside Manchester with the same brush, and according to what other people have posted in this thread as to what they think a glory supporter is i certainly am not one of them

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!