PDA

View Full Version : Got into Sixth Form :D

Kardan
27-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Got the acceptance letter today :) All I need to get in now is at least a B in Biology, Chemistry and Physics... And the good news is I'm at a A* in Biology and Chemistry and an A at Physics with only 25% left to sit :)

It's all good :)

dirrty
27-03-2009, 05:30 PM
congrats!!
i wish i cud get an a :(

jackass
27-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Nice, congrats! :)

I've also only got 25% left and have got an A for all 3 sciences. :)

clarissa !!
27-03-2009, 05:41 PM
well done :)

Immenseman
27-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Well done and good luck :8!

luce
27-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah i'm sitting the last science modules in June no idea what i've got so far i find out after easter. Well done, im garenteed a sixth form becuase im school has one anyway ;D

GommeInc
27-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Well done :) What do you plan to study at your Sixth Form? I'm guessing science related :P

Kardan
27-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Well done :) What do you plan to study at your Sixth Form? I'm guessing science related :P

Well, I was going for A2 Maths, AS Further Maths, AS Biology, AS Chemistry and AS Physics - but I've been told there's likely to be timetable clashes :/ And taking five quite demanding subjects isn't the best thing... but we'll see.

Robbie
27-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Well done! I've applied for 4 sixth forms, interviews for all four and accepted for all four (not being big headed haha)

I'm doing:
IT
Media
Sociology
English Combined

Bevvie
27-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Well done!
Wow at what you are taking? They are pretty hard subjects. Sure you can manage?

Kardan
27-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Well done!
Wow at what you are taking? They are pretty hard subjects. Sure you can manage?

If I find one of the sciences too difficult, I'll happily drop them. But I really want to keep both the maths and at least two of the sciences. If worse comes to worse I can delay my A2 Maths to Year 13, but I'd rather not since there's the year gap from doing AS in Year 11 and A2 in Year 13. Meh, we'll see in September.

Soka
27-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Well, I was going for A2 Maths, AS Further Maths, AS Biology, AS Chemistry and AS Physics - but I've been told there's likely to be timetable clashes :/ And taking five quite demanding subjects isn't the best thing... but we'll see.

Congratulations. Great choice of subjects there. In my opinion, probably the 5 most respected A Levels. You seem to be good at maths and enjoy it (if i recall correctly you were doing c1 a year early) so you must be good :D, so perhaps if there were going to be a timetable clash you could maybe look at self teaching a few of the maths modules using www.fmnetwork.org.uk . You should be able to cope.

I have self taught some modules using the website, and borrowing college text books etc. (fp1, d2, m1, s1), due to timetable clashes because i loved maths so much i wanted to do the full a level in further maths (and to increase chance of uni offer for studying maths) and it isn't as hard as it seems to self teach if you've got the resources. I guess it depends what you are wanting to do at university, on whether you decide to self teach or not. Any thoughts yet on what you'd like to do at uni? ;)

Kardan
27-03-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm hoping to study either Maths or Physics at Uni, but we'll see what happens :)

TAYLOOOOR1
27-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Wow..your one bright spark :)

By the sounds of it u have a good future ahead!

Congrats and goodluck with the future

-Tay ;] x

Frodo13.
27-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Wow, if I had to do a second more of science after GCSE I could of possibly of turned to suicide. Good luck at Sixth Form anyway, it's alot better that lower school. But don't think your going to fly through it. January is a very difficult time for Year 12s because they've had such great grades at GCSE, but end up getting D's and E's at A Level, especially in the kind of subjects your taking.

Kardan
27-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Wow, if I had to do a second more of science after GCSE I could of possibly of turned to suicide. Good luck at Sixth Form anyway, it's alot better that lower school. But don't think your going to fly through it. January is a very difficult time for Year 12s because they've had such great grades at GCSE, but end up getting D's and E's at A Level, especially in the kind of subjects your taking.

Yeah, I took my C1 Maths in January and thought I did really well but only came out with a B, so I'm having to retake it... And to be fair, Maths is my best subject - so god knows how the sciences will turn out... Guess I can only wait and find out :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!