PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Insurance Company

DaveTaylor
28-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Right my new car just turned up yesterday, in the garage, we rang the insurance company literally 30 minutes ago to insure myself, and my parents on the car. However we are going away to Israel for 3 weeks on monday evening, the insurance company won't insure the car to sit in the dealership garage for 3 weeks, but they will insure it to sit on a driveway or the airport carpark, can anyone explain why?!

lew!
28-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Hmm, Odd! But they do have little odd rules which prevents them from putting cars certain places etc.. Maybe it might be to dodgy to keep it there infront of the public or something? Have you tried googling it or something?

Angel-Charlene
28-03-2009, 11:26 AM
If its staying in the dealship it wont need insurance, as it is in their turf. Meaning, If I had a car as long as it's not on the road and in my garage or garden, you won't need it.
Now if the car will be on the road to get to a place to park up yet on another road but that is public, you have to have insurance by law.

Maybe theyre doing YOU a favor by telling you dont insure it at the dealers, leave it there, save 3 weeks money.

The way is goes in spain, should be similar to you guys. I hope this helps x

GommeInc
05-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Ford have their own insurance on their dealerships/garages. They don't allow you to insure your car while it's there because it conflicts with their insurance. You maybe able to take out their FordInsure policy, but that only covers a week for free, and as you said, you're away for more than a week and it is still on their dealership. Can't you take the car home with FordInsure FREE for 7 Days, call up your insurance policy and ask them to start insuring the car on whatever day the 7 day insurance policy from Ford ends?

EDIT: Just noticed you've sodded off on holiday :P

MissAlice
05-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I know you are away Dave, but I don't think you've taken ownership of the car, and the insurance company are only protecting you. Whilst it's on the selling dealerships property they are responsible for any damage etc. The dealership would be fully insured for damage that occured whilst it's in their possession. That to me is the most logical reason for not wanting to insure you. A very sensible move by the insurance company.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!