PDA

View Full Version : neon help

Swearwolf
30-03-2009, 09:40 PM
basically my mum has her old car (a 2L petrol manual '94 chrysler neon) sat on the drive and it has been for a few months. the battery has gone dead a few times and we charge it up etc. so i charged it the other day for bout 30 hours and topped up the distilled water. i slapped the battery back in, connected and stuff. i jumped in, shorted past the immobiliser (dont ask, ;)) and tried to start it up. usually after a nice big "sdfjkhsdfhpifh" it starts easily... but this time it wasnt having it. all it gave me was a rapid clicking noise when i try to turn it over.... i was thinking maybe it was the starter motor but as far as I know it was replaced recently... anyone know anything else i can try? trying to flog it ya see, and helps when it starts. +rep lol

Swearwolf
31-03-2009, 04:10 PM
also does anyone know how to stop that really fast indicator that sometimes happens on a peugeot 106 lol

tdi
31-03-2009, 04:43 PM
rapid clicking noise usually means a new battery, as in it is the ignition trying to fire. replace the battery and see if it will make any difference.

the fast indicators which I assume you mean as in just faster than normal when you try and use the indicators (and not just on randomly at certain times) will probably mean one of your indicators is out or there is a fault with the relay. pop your hazards on then walk round the car to see if any are out.

GTA-Andy
01-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Battery is dead and wont hold a charge.

Swearwolf
01-04-2009, 06:33 PM
aye the battery is nackered :} and thx tdi gonna check it now

Swearwolf
01-04-2009, 07:04 PM
lol spot on, rear indicator bulb gone, 1 of the 2 rear driving lights gone, 1 sidelight gone.... i've yet to test the brake lights

Swearwolf
02-04-2009, 05:13 PM
there was indeed a brake light out too. not bad

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!