PDA

View Full Version : Revision

DMan1
09-04-2009, 12:56 PM
So a lot of us have GCSE exams soon so how are you revising?

I am doing two 30 mins revisions sessions each day, haven't done any today so I plan to do 30 mins at 5 and 30 mins at 8, History revision :)

Grig
09-04-2009, 05:13 PM
I can't remember what I did for GCSE as it was so long ago. But I would say if your exams are less than in a months time, it's time to step up the time your revising. This I would say is a golden opportunity now during the Easter break to do some solid revision. Personally I managed to get some great grades with minimal effort on some subjects, but it's best not to take that risk and leave it till the last minute.

Anyway that's what I think.

DMan1
09-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks for replying however I think 30 mins is good for me otherwise I get bored and end up stopping all together.

CJW93
10-04-2009, 02:07 PM
I have a english and maths tutor so thats my revision :)

iMegz.
10-04-2009, 02:12 PM
I've also started my revision in these holidays as all my coursework that I have needed to do is done and given in now, I try to do some each day. Yesterday I did a couple of hours of Business Studies revision and later I probably do a couple of hours of Maths revision. :)

Kipp
10-04-2009, 02:17 PM
I have started my revision for my GCSE's, I do 2 hours each day on each subject.

buttons
10-04-2009, 02:28 PM
i'm not doing any, especially not on a friday =/

PaulMacC
10-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Im just doing past papers and then when easter break ends i'll do loads of revision

Caution
10-04-2009, 03:00 PM
i'm reading over stuff and doing revise parts of the textbooks, and keep typing the same stuff several times. i've got an english exam the tuesday i go back, which i'll fail:'(

Throne Sofa
10-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Seriously, to those doing GCSE's don't worry about revision. You'll do fine without it, but if you're looking at the top grades then you should be doing a bit each day.

Rozi
10-04-2009, 03:52 PM
I really should be revising a little bit everyday but no chance really. I'm having too much fun :D

Virgin Mary
10-04-2009, 05:39 PM
I revised all mine like 10 minutes before the exam and still passed them all with at least a C. Even for A*s I think revising everyday a month in advance is extreme unless you don't know anything or have dementia.

Kalk
10-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I guess it's easier to arrange your revision after you've got your timetable.
I'm doing mine in a priority based way.

I have my French Speaking Exam when I get back from Easter, so that's at the top of my list, and then subjects I lack in are also quite high.

Things that I'm good at (Maths, Tech, ICT) I don't need to revise as intensely for.

I've been doing four 30 minute chunks a day. Two in the morning about 10am
and two in the afternoon about 4:30pm

I've found it not that stresful, even though I thought it would.

Suspective
11-04-2009, 07:16 AM
I forget about revision, alott. So Im usually doing mine the day before.

Arron
11-04-2009, 08:28 AM
I started revising yesterday...

What Iv'e done is I have created a timetable for each day. I try and do up to two hours a day of revision, some before lunch, some after and just before I go to bed.

Suspective
11-04-2009, 12:48 PM
I started revising yesterday...

What Iv'e done is I have created a timetable for each day. I try and do up to two hours a day of revision, some before lunch, some after and just before I go to bed.

Good Idea +Rep

SugarPlum.
12-04-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't revise tbh,
i find it too stressfull and pointless.
Things you need to know come back to you during the exams anyway,
imo :]

Havoline
12-04-2009, 07:30 PM
At the minute im revising for AS and I'm trying to do an hour a night - putting it off a lot though. However for GCSE I found that a night before thing was pretty much enough tbh.

Isoelectric
12-04-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't revise tbh,
i find it too stressfull and pointless.
Things you need to know come back to you during the exams anyway,
imo :]

Things you've learned in the first GCSE year might not be as easy to remember.. :S and also how is revision pointless? Especially for things like speaking exams and maths exams

Grig
14-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Erm, it's quite foolish in my opinion not to revise, because really if you have such an attitude, then you shouldn't cry when you get a C-- on your exam. Things sadly don't come by magic in this world and it takes hard effort and work to get the grades you want. It's also funny how some people seem satisfied with that C. I would say if you have revised hard and got a C, then well done. However, if you just wasted time and revised a day before and got a C, then there's nothing to be proud of at all.

I also think that by the time you get to your GCSEs the attitudes of people should be focusing on how do I get through this in the best possible way, so later I can have a better future, relax, party etc. It's not that long out of your life to revise a mere month before your exams. That's what some people don't realise. However, if you think you are happy with a C IF you didn't revise- then I don't know how you'll get through in life, because believe me it's not a joke. Education should be # 1, party # 2

That's just my two cents into the argument anyway.

colourpot
15-04-2009, 11:38 AM
The way i like to work is doing one subject a day and get a big pad and i tend to write what i need to remember, so in the exam i tend to remember what ive wrote allready. it doesnt work all the time such as maths but for maths i just read books and go throught past papers. But the day before my exam i just tend to read and read and work which works for me. Good Luck =]

CHA!NGANG
16-04-2009, 11:57 PM
I got basically all A's at GCSE by revising the night before or maybe two depending on the subject and I'm not even exagurating. TBH, GCSE's are quite easy and also after you get 3 months off. So basically if you get bored revising just think, once I get past these exams I have 3 months to relax. AS' are a pain. You do the exams which are longer and harder, and then you have to go back to college after. Nothing to look forward too after lol.

Anyway ye. Oh also I can never stick to a timetable, so just gave up with that completely about 3 years ago lol.

Sly
17-04-2009, 12:02 AM
not my thing

PaulMacC
19-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Im starting my revision tomorrow, 1 hour a day.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!