View Full Version : Hamburg v City

Jack.Lfc
09-04-2009, 06:55 PM
1-1

What a game so far.

AlexOC
09-04-2009, 07:43 PM
35 second goal haha.

Unlucky about the goal, given just tipped it out of SWP's reached. Good game, im going home-tie :)

Aha did u see that women who got beer thron over her head, hahaha.

Jack.Lfc
09-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Lmao see that hamburg fan get a pint threw on her?

Andys
09-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Hamburg 2-1 City
make that 3

Jack.Lfc
09-04-2009, 08:21 PM
goolllll
3-1

Antallica
09-04-2009, 08:32 PM
city are being outclassed.

Jack.Lfc
09-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Didnt u used to support city :S:S:S:S

Wootzeh
09-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Didnt u used to support city :S:S:S:S
tbh he's saying what you said last night if he is.

Minstrels
09-04-2009, 08:47 PM
tbh he's saying what you said last night if he is.
Look at his avatar.

Antallica
09-04-2009, 08:53 PM
-.-
I like both Oldham and Manchester City.
as i was born in Oldham, and living in Manchester.

pssht.
is it illegal to like 2 teams?
ive said this many of times.

Jack.Lfc
09-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Was only asking lol.

Andys
09-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Look at his avatar.
what the ****
first it was city, then bolton... now oldham?

Antallica
09-04-2009, 08:59 PM
oh f*** off and give me a break.

Antallica
09-04-2009, 09:04 PM
i might as well not post in this forum section anymore.

Skajo
09-04-2009, 09:49 PM
-.-

pssht.
NO!

BUT IT IS TO SUPPORT 20 TEAMS.

I know Manchester United is another. Come on, who else?

Implement
09-04-2009, 11:22 PM
@above; For the record, who do your support?

and also I think you'll find it isn't against the law to support 20 teams. Although I agree it is wrong.

Minstrels
09-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Ant, for the record I haven't said it's wrong. I just dislike that you like out for Oldham and not Rochdale. If it's any club a City fan should look out for it's the dale.

Skajo
10-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Doncaster Rovers, for the record.

That's it, I'm the biggest glory supporter on here :rolleyes:

Throne Sofa
10-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Manchester City clearly don't have the defence to win a European trophy, hence why they're struggling over two-legs and often rely on penalties. I fully expect Hamburg to get the job done in England.

Minstrels
10-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Manchester City clearly don't have the defence to win a European trophy, hence why they're struggling over two-legs and often rely on penalties. I fully expect Hamburg to get the job done in England.
May I remind you that Bridge was carrying an injury and Kompany was not playing?

And struggling over two-legs? If you gave me 3-1 before the game started I would of taken it, you know why? Because it's an away goal. Albeit 2-1 would of been nice but 3-1 is OK.

We can easily get two goals at COMS as shown in matches here.

Throne Sofa
10-04-2009, 11:14 AM
May I remind you that Bridge was carrying an injury and Kompany was not playing?

And struggling over two-legs? If you gave me 3-1 before the game started I would of taken it, you know why? Because it's an away goal. Albeit 2-1 would of been nice but 3-1 is OK.

We can easily get two goals at COMS as shown in matches here.

As a club playing at that level, you should have good replacements all over the field. We were without Bosingwa and Ricardo Carvalho for our tie with Liverpool, one injured, and the other lacking fitness however, with our replacements we still did very well. Of course you'll have 2-3 injuries at any given time, some more significant than others, however you can't blame injuries as the main reason for concedeing three goals.

Struggling over two legs, yes, as you are currently performing way below par away from home which makes you struggle over two legs. Ideally, you're looking at a goal-scoring draw away and then finish them off at home. Maybe this time, you'll be punished for not doing better away from home, if not, next leg against Werder Breman you'll definitely be.

Of course you're capable of scoring two goals, but with that defence, they'll be getting an away goal.

Minstrels
10-04-2009, 11:22 AM
As a club playing at that level, you should have good replacements all over the field. We were without Bosingwa and Ricardo Carvalho for our tie with Liverpool, one injured, and the other lacking fitness however, with our replacements we still did very well. Of course you'll have 2-3 injuries at any given time, some more significant than others, however you can't blame injuries as the main reason for concedeing three goals.

Struggling over two legs, yes, as you are currently performing way below par away from home which makes you struggle over two legs. Ideally, you're looking at a goal-scoring draw away and then finish them off at home. Maybe this time, you'll be punished for not doing better away from home, if not, next leg against Werder Breman you'll definitely be.

Of course you're capable of scoring two goals, but with that defence, they'll be getting an away goal.
I'm afraid you're pretty much flawed, you can't compare Manchester City to Chelsea. We're not playing at Champions League level, we'll be lucky if we get seventh this season. We're a squad which is lacking balance, as soon as you lose Bridge you've got to choose either Garrido or Ball - neither are highly rated. Once you've lost Kompany in the UEFA Cup you've got Gelson The Headless Chicken Fernandes who runs around the pitch doing nothing. You can't compare City to Chelsea.

We're not struggling over two legs, Hamburg are second in the Bundesliga for Christs sake, they're not second for no reason at all. The Bundesliga is the league which is most compared to the Premierleague in talent, that is where Kompany and De Jong both came from - Hamburg.

Hamburg are not a very good travelling team as proven in the Bundesliga, they're too intimidated by the home crowd if they make some noise which will be the case on Thursday. City will go all out attacking and Hamburg will roll over. And we'll struggle against Bremen? Hamburg are second in the Bundesliga, Bremen are tenth... at this point I'll do a facepalm at the distinct lact of knowledge in leagues other than the Premierleague.

Throne Sofa
10-04-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm afraid you're pretty much flawed, you can't compare Manchester City to Chelsea. We're not playing at Champions League level, we'll be lucky if we get seventh this season. We're a squad which is lacking balance, as soon as you lose Bridge you've got to choose either Garrido or Ball - neither are highly rated. Once you've lost Kompany in the UEFA Cup you've got Gelson The Headless Chicken Fernandes who runs around the pitch doing nothing. You can't compare City to Chelsea.

We're not struggling over two legs, Hamburg are second in the Bundesliga for Christs sake, they're not second for no reason at all. The Bundesliga is the league which is most compared to the Premierleague in talent, that is where Kompany and De Jong both came from - Hamburg.

Hamburg are not a very good travelling team as proven in the Bundesliga, they're too intimidated by the home crowd if they make some noise which will be the case on Thursday. City will go all out attacking and Hamburg will roll over. And we'll struggle against Bremen? Hamburg are second in the Bundesliga, Bremen are tenth... at this point I'll do a facepalm at the distinct lact of knowledge in leagues other than the Premierleague.
It's the same principal, often it's not the first eleven on paper that win leagues and trophies, it's the substitute bench and the squad as a whole. As far as i'm concerned, United are only ahead of us because they have a better squad than us, not because they have a better starting eleven.

You claim we can't compare Manchester City and Chelsea, yet you've just went completely back on that comment. You say you're lacking squad balance, guess what, Chelsea are lacking squad balance too. Already a similarity between the two sides appearing. As soon as Bridge is injured, you've got two more left backs? As soon as Ashley Cole gets injured, we are relying on one of our right footers to take his position.

The Bundesliga is most compared to the Premeirship for talent? Where on earth did you get that from? League form often goes out of the window when it comes to the Champions League and UEFA Cup knock-out rounds. It's often about that single goal, a single piece of luck and the like. We hadn't won it 8 away ties before beating Liverpool, and we've won every home tie in the Champions League, despite our home form in the league being considerably poor to recent seasons.

The Bundesliga has proved to be an unpredictable league this season it seems, the most exciting according to the followers with the likes of Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg very much challenging Bayern and the usual top teams. However, just because Wolfsburg are currently top, does it mean they're a better team than Bayern Munich? Does it ****. Werder Breman have one of the best squads in the Bundesliga, thrashed Udinese and know what is needed in the European knockout stages to progress, after participating in either the UEFA Cup and Champions League actively in recent years.

As far as other leagues go, i'm not overly concerned. I have a general idea of what the tables look like, who the better players are and playing styles. I don't have time to invest appreciating other leagues, it's all about Chelsea for me and the competitions we're participating in.

sock
10-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Olic, immense player I thought, someone we, city, need. Will work hard even if things are going wrong, someone else I rate, that black guy in midfield, he was very good.

But, Richards let us down SO MUCH he was at fault for all 3 goals, first one, he was marking Mathijsen, Second one, handball, no need for hands that high, third one, didn't track back.

Hope we can sort it out at COMS, we can do it, just depends on the attitude on the players, but i'm not sure if the quid thing was good tbh, a lot of people probably will be non-supporters of man city imo, and this will mean not much singing meaning less encouragement, well i hope i'm proven wrong.

Loser
11-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Going to be a busy Summer for Hughes, unless the board see sense and replace him with the now unemployed Sven.

Throne Sofa
11-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Going to be a busy Summer for Hughes, unless the board see sense and replace him with the now unemployed Sven.
I really don't see Hughes staying next season, especially if they don't qualify for Europe again. See them going for someone even more internationally recognised than Sven as well. Top bracket managers only.

Jibbish
12-04-2009, 08:11 AM
I really don't see Hughes staying next season, especially if they don't qualify for Europe again. See them going for someone even more internationally recognised than Sven as well. Top bracket managers only.
Scolari :eusa_whis

Minstrels
14-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Olic, immense player I thought, someone we, city, need. Will work hard even if things are going wrong, someone else I rate, that black guy in midfield, he was very good.

But, Richards let us down SO MUCH he was at fault for all 3 goals, first one, he was marking Mathijsen, Second one, handball, no need for hands that high, third one, didn't track back.

Hope we can sort it out at COMS, we can do it, just depends on the attitude on the players, but i'm not sure if the quid thing was good tbh, a lot of people probably will be non-supporters of man city imo, and this will mean not much singing meaning less encouragement, well i hope i'm proven wrong.
Bellamy? Ireland? SWP? :rolleyes:

OK pal, I'll meet you outside COMS and smash a ball at your face and we'll find out what your reaction is.

Yes... yes you are.

Twist
14-04-2009, 10:28 AM
-.-

pssht.
No but it's illegal to be a noob about it.
Gotta be careful I don't get banned again here here.

Minstrels
14-04-2009, 10:37 AM
No but it's illegal to be a noob about it.
Gotta be careful I don't get banned again here here.
Watch out, don't be posting quotes from football chants. The moderators on here know **** all about football and will infract you for it!!!

Twist
14-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Watch out, don't be posting quotes from football chants. The moderators on here know **** all about football and will infract you for it!!!
Oh dear.

Minstrels
14-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Oh dear.
Yeah, especially not "We all hate Leeds scum". :rolleyes:

Twist
14-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah, especially not "We all hate Leeds scum". :rolleyes:
Well I've decided to put a classic in my sig.

Minstrels
15-04-2009, 11:00 PM
COME ON CITY! Let's make COMS our battleground tonight, let's take the game to 'em. We'll be the 12th man, we can do this.

Spurs in the FA Cup. Gillingham in 99.

Keep the faith lads, we can do this tonight.

[DC]eption
15-04-2009, 11:03 PM
COME ON CITY! Let's make COMS our battleground tonight, let's take the game to 'em. We'll be the 12th man, we can do this.

Spurs in the FA Cup. Gillingham in 99.

Keep the faith lads, we can do this tonight.

When is the city game? Dont think you will be able to overturn this one but would like to see it! always nice to see english clubs to well in europe!

Minstrels
15-04-2009, 11:06 PM
eption;5743728']When is the city game? Dont think you will be able to overturn this one but would like to see it! always nice to see english clubs to well in europe!
Tonight, watch it on TV. You wont want to miss the crowd, it'll be piss funny!

[DC]eption
15-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Tonight, watch it on TV. You wont want to miss the crowd, it'll be piss funny!

I might just do! Whats happening with the crowd?

Implement
15-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Hope City can do it.

sock
16-04-2009, 10:00 AM
eption;5743739']I might just do! Whats happening with the crowd?

well the atmosphere is supposedly gunna be electric and city are supposed to be giving out free bananas

Minstrels
16-04-2009, 11:03 AM
well the atmosphere is supposedly gunna be electric and city are supposed to be giving out free bananas
Not they're not... you given a donation to charity. :rolleyes:

sock
16-04-2009, 11:12 AM
oh ye just read city website :)

Minstrels
16-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Right I'm off to the Shambles to meet and greet some Germans, goodbye.

When I'm back I expect Clowgon and Implement to be gone, cheers.

Jack.Lfc
16-04-2009, 03:15 PM
City can do it.

Bun
16-04-2009, 05:59 PM
i'm supporting city for this one.

Skajo
16-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Penalty my arse lol.

Good game though!

Bun
16-04-2009, 07:10 PM
are they playing on grass or ice lol? :O

CJW93
16-04-2009, 07:41 PM
I was watching a bit of the game in the chip shop haha

Bun
16-04-2009, 07:52 PM
2-1, game on.

JackBuddy
16-04-2009, 08:16 PM
oh i do love itv's ott commentary.

edit: dunne is off. how many times has he let city down this season?

Bun
16-04-2009, 08:19 PM
dicky dunne off :O, going to be a lot harder for city now.

some aspects are reminding me of the boro games against basle and steaua lol.

JackBuddy
16-04-2009, 08:21 PM
if city lose i want hamburg to go all the way

martin jol :love7:

Bun
16-04-2009, 08:42 PM
ah well, they missed some chances which they should have really took. shame though, thought they would pull it off.

Skajo
16-04-2009, 09:07 PM
How many times was Caicedo offside? lol.

Jibbish
16-04-2009, 09:08 PM
How many times was Caicedo offside? lol.
9 times i think lmao

AlexOC
16-04-2009, 09:47 PM
What a game and what an atmosphere, We all had flags and bananas haha.

But yh we were all jumping around, And well we could of won it by a long shot, that Caicedo goal (unallowed) was really unlucky, he went past the keeper and scored without a player too close to him, if only he was 5 inches behind the front man he would of still picked up the pass and run round the keeper and scored, And Caicedo missed that open net, but easier said then done it did come at him fairly fast.

Elano's two free-kicks, Post and Cross-Bar, Them would of won it for us, it was unlucky though, I don't know why elano came off, he was the playmaker of the game, he scored the Pen and he kept chipping over balls to create great oppurtunities, like Robinho's chance unluckily he chested it too far and could only toe-poke it into the keepers reach.

But Caicedo kept drifting offside and well could of cost us the game.

Also there were some great chances, which were put wide/high by like richards, fernandes, sturridge, i just think if Elano was still on he would of got there and put it in.

Also bridge needs to take a leaf out of zabaleta or kompany's book, and not get scared and pull out of the challenge, he give them some good chances.

And likes always Given kept us in it, apart from that early and likely unstoppable goal he made some good saves, Hamburg weren't Given an easy win. :P

And thats why Hughes is going next season.

Minstrels
16-04-2009, 10:01 PM
I'll just say one thing for to stop me going OTT and saying things in the heat. Before someone comes along mocking City please make sure you've been to a game.

I'll post a full view when I've calmed down, don't want anything to effect the quality of my posts.

I'll just say my main point for now and that is that Hughes should stay, I'm not an inner or an outer however I believe he should stay. If he went tomorrow I wouldn't be bothered like I was about Sven however if he stayed I would be alright with it. I'll explain later.

Anyway, to the "Manchester United fans" who like to mock City and other "less abled" clubs and fans then this is what you miss out on, memories. I can look back at this image tonight and it sums it up for me.

Like I said, I'll post a full view later.

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/1245eccfc756701P16040922.53.JPG

Andys
16-04-2009, 10:02 PM
yeah what was with all the bananas....

Jack.Lfc
16-04-2009, 10:10 PM
I'll just say one thing for to stop me going OTT and saying things in the heat. Before someone comes along mocking City please make sure you've been to a game.

I'll post a full view when I've calmed down, don't want anything to effect the quality of my posts.

I'll just say my main point for now and that is that Hughes should stay, I'm not an inner or an outer however I believe he should stay. If he went tomorrow I wouldn't be bothered like I was about Sven however if he stayed I would be alright with it. I'll explain later.

Anyway, to the "Manchester United fans" who like to mock City and other "less abled" clubs and fans then this is what you miss out on, memories. I can look back at this image tonight and it sums it up for me.

Like I said, I'll post a full view later.

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/1245eccfc756701P16040922.53.JPG

Nice banana, anyway you should be proud of your teams performace, they where great tonight. I was proud of liverpool the other night.

Implement
16-04-2009, 10:10 PM
What a game by City! post twice, ball in the net twice was it? (disallowed goals that is) - two other great chances, and btw Elano was immense, sending off wasn't a sending off. City played with so much passion and grit/determination, that you can only respect them.

Fair play to ya.

Andys
16-04-2009, 10:21 PM
What a game by City! post twice, ball in the net twice was it? (disallowed goals that is) - two other great chances, and btw Elano was immense, sending off wasn't a sending off. City played with so much passion and grit/determination, that you can only respect them.

Fair play to ya.
yes it was, clearly :S

Implement
16-04-2009, 10:27 PM
he wasn't gettin to the ball and in my opinion he stopped him from getting to do the dead ball... maybe i'm wrong, IMO.

Skajo
16-04-2009, 10:29 PM
It was a sending off but the players did Manchester City proud.

AlexOC
16-04-2009, 10:31 PM
The single last tackle wasn't a Red, All of his fouls together earned him a Red, he was warned.

City have been using them bananas for years, Not recently. About time we got them back.

Matty, Where you get that green thing i only got a flag and banana.

Andys
16-04-2009, 10:50 PM
The single last tackle wasn't a Red, All of his fouls together earned him a Red, he was warned.
which is why the ref showed two yellows and not a straight red...

Loser
16-04-2009, 10:54 PM
The referee clearly warned Dunne before half time. Hughes should've taken him off, he was always going to pick up another yellow the way he was playing.

Twist
17-04-2009, 01:10 PM
yeah what was with all the bananas....
They were symbolising that they wanted City to pull off an upset over Hamburg as they were regarded to be the stronger team in the tie (I think) and that meant Hamburg slipping up (thus having the banana peel).
Most lower/non league clubs have them when they're playing against higher league opposition in the FA Cup.

Minstrels
17-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Nice banana, anyway you should be proud of your teams performace, they where great tonight. I was proud of liverpool the other night.
I'm proud of the players and the fans which made it a top night out.

Fair play to ya.
Put the ball in the back of the net three times, hit the wood work twice and missed two virtually open nets after we could of had another goal if Micah isn't a lazy mug.

And how can you say it wasn't a sending off? As soon as he got booked we knew he would be off, the last "challenge" he did was idiotic, it was right in front of me. He came flying into a player which is half the size of without getting the ball which is always going to be a booking, add the fact that Hamburg are a team of divers who also wanted to waste time.

What a game and what an atmosphere, We all had flags and bananas haha.

But yh we were all jumping around, And well we could of won it by a long shot, that Caicedo goal (unallowed) was really unlucky, he went past the keeper and scored without a player too close to him, if only he was 5 inches behind the front man he would of still picked up the pass and run round the keeper and scored, And Caicedo missed that open net, but easier said then done it did come at him fairly fast.

Elano's two free-kicks, Post and Cross-Bar, Them would of won it for us, it was unlucky though, I don't know why elano came off, he was the playmaker of the game, he scored the Pen and he kept chipping over balls to create great oppurtunities, like Robinho's chance unluckily he chested it too far and could only toe-poke it into the keepers reach.

But Caicedo kept drifting offside and well could of cost us the game.

Also there were some great chances, which were put wide/high by like richards, fernandes, sturridge, i just think if Elano was still on he would of got there and put it in.

Also bridge needs to take a leaf out of zabaleta or kompany's book, and not get scared and pull out of the challenge, he give them some good chances.

And likes always Given kept us in it, apart from that early and likely unstoppable goal he made some good saves, Hamburg weren't Given an easy win. :P

And thats why Hughes is going next season.
OK, so you want an injured Bridge to take a leaf out of a injured Zab & Kompanys book? They were all playing with injuries, all three of them. This makes it very unfair to single out Bridge, Hughes could of chosen Garrido if he wanted to make sure nobody would get such an easy time down the left. I believe it's very unfair to single Bridge out, his was most probably one of the worst out on the pitch.

Why should Hughes leave?

he wasn't gettin to the ball and in my opinion he stopped him from getting to do the dead ball... maybe i'm wrong, IMO.
It was a booking...

City have been using them bananas for years, Not recently. About time we got them back.

Matty, Where you get that green thing i only got a flag and banana.
Which is why it was a yellow card...

I didn't get it at the ground, I got it before I went to shambles off of eBay, £8.

They were symbolising that they wanted City to pull off an upset over Hamburg as they were regarded to be the stronger team in the tie (I think) and that meant Hamburg slipping up (thus having the banana peel).
Most lower/non league clubs have them when they're playing against higher league opposition in the FA Cup.
You couldn't be further off the fact aha!

We've got two stories, one was a bloke took an inflatable banana to an away game, this coursed histerics in the crowd with a big yellow banana wearing a City top. The banana went to every game with this fan and at an away game at West Brom Imre Varadi came on as a substitute, this sounded like Imre Banana over the tanoy so this got turned into a chant of "Imre Banana". More bananas followed City until a game against Stoke, I wont tell you the story I'll just post a picture...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Wp101tUIamY/SQNmfMxh0DI/AAAAAAAAAb0/f_bXWKRd-7c/s400/bananas.jpg

We've had loads of inflatables like paddling pools, lilos and the greatest and newest of all...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o114/halfpenny_2007/CIMG1701.jpg

Browney
17-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Caicedo, piss poor. If you had Bellamy I cant help but think you might've won.

Bun
17-04-2009, 01:43 PM
i saw the paddling pool, it looked like one big rolled up condom.

AlexOC
17-04-2009, 06:16 PM
I think Caciedo did ok, he let himself mess up a few great chances by drifting offside, And i suppose Bellamy might of scored a few of them, but i don't think anyone can blame Caciedo for missiong that open net, The ball came at him so fast he didn't have time to react.

And i saw that giant penis floating around, it was in the stand opposite the tunnel when i saw it.

Minstrels
17-04-2009, 06:31 PM
I think Caciedo did ok, he let himself mess up a few great chances by drifting offside, And i suppose Bellamy might of scored a few of them, but i don't think anyone can blame Caciedo for missiong that open net, The ball came at him so fast he didn't have time to react.

And i saw that giant penis floating around, it was in the stand opposite the tunnel when i saw it.
That would be because it was in 110...

Why should Hughes be sacked?

AlexOC
17-04-2009, 06:54 PM
That would be because it was in 110...

Why should Hughes be sacked?

Yes it was in 110, im just saying where i saw it, no need to come back with a response like that.

And i think he's the wrong man for the job because he has a distorted view on what a successful team is, He makes some awful decisions in the line up, and i just don't think he truly knows how to make City a successful team who are challenging for trophies. He should go before he causes more damage to City in my opinion.

I'm not too heartbroken if you don't see it my way so don't come back flaming.

Minstrels
17-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Yes it was in 110, im just saying where i saw it, no need to come back with a response like that.

And i think he's the wrong man for the job because he has a distorted view on what a successful team is, He makes some awful decisions in the line up, and i just don't think he truly knows how to make City a successful team who are challenging for trophies. He should go before he causes more damage to City in my opinion.

I'm not too heartbroken if you don't see it my way so don't come back flaming.
Wrong man for the job? Who is the right man for the job? You want to keep on switching managers then until a manager wins something in under nine months with a bunch of players who aren't his? Who don't play the way he wants? I'm sorry but that's wrong.

The players last night who performed were Hughes players bar Elano.

Given did some fine saves.

Zab was outstanding, playing through a pain barrier.

Bridge was good, he could of said he wasn't going to play however he played through a pain barrier.

Onouha was the rock, Hughes has faith in him unlike past managers.

Dunne let us down, you call this man a captain?

Kompany, played through a pain barrier. Was outstanding. Bossed the game when he was given the armband, and even when he didn't have it.

Richards, put him on the bench next season. Faked an injury, disgrace. Smack head.

Elano - My MOTM.

Ireland, Hughes has got the best out of him.

Cas, offside more times than a eight year old in a Sunday league game.

Robinho, he was up for it last night.

Don't forget Bellamy or De Jong, both great players.

The players which let us down last night were both players which Hughes has been stuck with, Dunne and Richards. Richards faked an injury so he didn't need to track back and defend, when we were attacking he was fine - this was one minute after. He's a RB however he believes he should be a ST. Dunne has let us down to many times now.

Who else could he of picked last night? We needed a physical presence last night upfront, we didn't get RSC and I respect him for not being held at gunpoint by fat Sam.

He noticed when needed to secure our defense in January, purchasing De Jong, Given and Bridge while giving Onouha a stage to step up to.

The players he brought have been outstanding - the one who he's had lumped upon have cost us games.

AlexOC
17-04-2009, 07:12 PM
...I'm sorry but that's wrong...

Yes i see, You think its wrong and as your the only true city fan in the world, It's wrong.

Minstrels
17-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Yes i see, You think its wrong and as your the only true city fan in the world, It's wrong.
You want to keep sacking managers till one of them wins a trophy under nine months from scratch with a squad which the majority of the players they've not hand picked.

AlexOC
17-04-2009, 07:27 PM
You want to keep sacking managers till one of them wins a trophy under nine months from scratch with a squad which the majority of the players they've not hand picked.

KEEP sacking?, Hughes is the only manager i've wanted to leave, and you should see some sort of improvement, in my opinion Sven did better.

I'm not going to get into a heated discussion, i have my opinion you have yours, i respect that, only time will tell what happens to Hughes.

I am no longer going to be checking this thread.

Browney
17-04-2009, 07:29 PM
KEEP sacking?, Hughes is the only manager i've wanted to leave, and you should see some sort of improvement, in my opinion Sven did better.

I'm not going to get into a heated discussion, i have my opinion you have yours, i respect that, only time will tell what happens to Hughes.

after all the hub-ub about hughes getting fired hes now got city into a position in the league where they're challnging for europe and will get into europe due to their performances and not the fair play league.

Minstrels
17-04-2009, 07:30 PM

We sacked Pearce after two seasons, we sacked Sven after one and now you want to sack Hughes after NINE months? If you keep changing managers the players will never settle.

You're not checking this thread because you know my point is more valid than your "He can't choose a right team" point. :rolleyes:

Loser
17-04-2009, 07:56 PM
We sacked Pearce after two seasons, we sacked Sven after one and now you want to sack Hughes after NINE months? If you keep changing managers the players will never settle.

You're not checking this thread because you know my point is more valid than your "He can't choose a right team" point. :rolleyes:

This is a completely different era for Man City, the sacking of Sven and any before him can't be taken into consideration. There's no point quoting BlueMoon's "the players won't settle" because most of the current ones will only be at the City of Manchester Stadium for another year or two, I imagine alot will be off in the Summer and replaced by bigger, better players.

Jack.Lfc
17-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Should have kept sven, i liked him ;(

sock
17-04-2009, 10:04 PM
ye there was even a song that was made for sven ages ago i bought it cnt remember why it was when i was little :(

LEGENDARY SONG HAHA LISTENIN TO IT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q33sNrncVmI&feature=related

HAHA U GOT TOO LISTEN TO IT JUST TO C THE VID

Twist
18-04-2009, 11:35 AM
ye there was even a song that was made for sven ages ago i bought it cnt remember why it was when i was little :(

That's a good'un haha.
1,000th post - GO ME!

JackBuddy
18-04-2009, 02:50 PM

aha i bought that CD.

sock
20-04-2009, 02:38 PM
amazing wernt it lol

lol the fat guy in the vid is immense

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!