PDA

View Full Version : Forum Updates 12 April

nvrspk4
13-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Well I couldn't let y'all go THREE weeks without updates!

So in lieu of lAscend till next week when he gets back, iiiits nvr!

Three changes this week (and a little mini thing) because I'm not used to this lark, but they're nice and substantive. Also, you get a little sneak peak at what (may) be coming next week. Isn't THAT exciting?

Changes updates and notes for this week areeee:

Revamp of D+D
Revamp of World Politics Religion Philosophy and all that Junk (
Removal of the Ask the Habbo Staff Forum
Counters all updated
Coming next week!

nvrspk4
13-04-2009, 07:08 AM
With regards to the D+D Forums, we have now:

Removed the Website Coding and Programming Forum
Removed the Website Coding and Related Help Forum
Removed the Web Design Projects forum
Moved the threads from the above forums into the main D+D Forum
Deleted the old Ask the Coding Community Forum
Renamed Web Designing Tutorials to Tutorials

These have all been implemented as of...right now.

Many thanks to Dentafrice who proposed these changes in a very constructive way and all those who pitched in with their feedback as well! Hopefully this will be a big improvement to the D+D forums.

nvrspk4
13-04-2009, 07:12 AM
You didn't think I'd really forgotten the name did you?

Anyway, the WNPRP forum is a mishmosh of not-very-barely-related things, so as per a user suggestion, we are going to be concentrating the focus, especially as the majority of the forum is world news.

So what is happening is as follows. If there is a demand for Philosophy or Religion threads, they can be posted in DA or in the new forum if they are pertinent. Politics and World News will be combined into the Current Affairs forum. There will also be a subforum for Tabloids and Entertainment News.

If we see enough demand for Tabloids and Entertainment News, we will make it its own forum in the coming weeks.

Thanks to Jordy who suggested these changes!

nvrspk4
13-04-2009, 07:16 AM
The Ask the Habbo Staff Forum has VANISHED!! Staff are no longer visiting forums for various reasons, but if we can convince them to come back (personally I'm thinking a cookie trail leading to the forum) we will put the forum back for you to all post your questions in!

Thanks to Laggings for this suggestion!

nvrspk4
13-04-2009, 07:18 AM
SOME of the counters have been updated recently because the forum decided it really wanted me to. More will be updated in the coming days so numbers might change in certain places because the forum didn't update. Apologies for any inconveniences caused, this isn't changing anything, just correcting any numbers that aren't right, mostly post counts in threads forums and user post counts.

nvrspk4
13-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Here's what you WILL see next week.

Member of the Month (woooot!)

Here's what you MAY see next week

We are currently looking into the issue in the Runescape forum (if there is one) and will be deciding on fixes, if any, upon lAscend's return
We may post a poll to put the issue of forum awards to rest and to see if the majority of the forum is in favor
We may give you all free cookies...if we have any left after baiting the staff

Also any changes you lovely forum users can come up with in the next couple of days and that we can decide on.

If I messed up any of the changes permissionwise or something I forgot to do, please feel free to PM me and tell me that I'm an idiot (but tell me what to fix too!)

Enjoyyyy!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!