PDA

View Full Version : A minutes applause for 96 dead? Disgusting.

Minstrels
14-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Why have the FA chosen to go against the wishes of many a footballing fan and enforced that it will be a minutes applause for the semi-finals? Is a minutes applause really the way to remember 96 dead football fans?

The FA don't want Manchester United to be given a bad name because the fans wont respect it, that's why.

It's disgusting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/14/hillsborough-disaster-liverpool-fa-cup

Sixiz
14-04-2009, 05:25 PM
The FA don't want Manchester United to be given a bad name because the fans wont respect it, that's why.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/14/hillsborough-disaster-liverpool-fa-cup

A tad bit bias in my opinion

Minstrels
14-04-2009, 05:30 PM
A tad bit bias in my opinion
Oh OK, so you believe a minutes applause is fine to remember 96 dead football fans in one of the most darkest events in English football?

If you're looking for a confrontation of some sort look for in another thread, this topic is not one to mess around with.

9 6
Sons & Dads
Brothers & Sisters
Husband & Wife

Clear enough for you?

Skajo
14-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Erm, no.

That's why they voted against it. What's your point Matthew?

Minstrels
14-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Erm, no.

That's why they voted against it. What's your point Matthew?
12.00 BST, would explain why. Changed it from this morning. Thank **** they've seen light.

J0SH
14-04-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't understand, they change their opinion in 10 minutes?

Minstrels
14-04-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't understand, they change their opinion in 10 minutes?
Ten minutes? 12 BST... I read it at 9BST, it's been edited.

Skajo
14-04-2009, 06:18 PM
You posted that at 6... how can it change in like 2 minutes?

J0SH
14-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Ten minutes? 12 BST... I read it at 9BST, it's been edited.

Are you stoned? You posted at 6 odd and within 10 minutes apparently they changed their decision? I bet this whole "1 minute applause" was a lie :P

Minstrels
14-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Because I posted it at six doesn't mean I read it at six... when I'm at a City game I don't run home, post a review of the game so far then run back to the match...

I bookmarked it to show someone, showed them it - they went then I decided to post it on here...

And it would explain the response of "What are you going on about".

J0SH
14-04-2009, 06:32 PM
We're making some sence finally, and is this for that stadium that collapsed 20 years on from Wednesday or something?

Titch
14-04-2009, 11:35 PM
HOW THE HELL does this have anythink to do with United?

Middlesbrough
15-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Well tbh its 20 years now, don't you think its more bringing bad memories for those who lost relatives?

[DC]eption
15-04-2009, 09:39 AM
HOW THE HELL does this have anythink to do with United?

Its in the FA cup game when they are doing the minute applause i believe?

And minstrels is obsessed with United, i struggle to find one post of his were he doesn't mention United. Bitter City fan you see.

Bun
15-04-2009, 10:08 AM
how come the 30 odd italians which died against liverpool a couple of seasons before never get a mention? conveniantly got english clubs kicked out of europe for a couple of seasons when everton were at their prime lol.

Minstrels
15-04-2009, 10:24 AM
how come the 30 odd italians which died against liverpool a couple of seasons before never get a mention? conveniantly got english clubs kicked out of europe for a couple of seasons when everton were at their prime lol.
Because it's next year when it's the 25th anniversary.

Bun
15-04-2009, 12:33 PM
don't get me wrong, i find it absolutely tragic what happened. but it's what annoys me about scousers, they always seem to get away with things.

Clowgons
15-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Why have the FA chosen to go against the wishes of many a footballing fan and enforced that it will be a minutes applause for the semi-finals? Is a minutes applause really the way to remember 96 dead football fans?

It's disgusting.

No disrespect to 96 who lost their lives, but seriously how long do you want? An 10 minute silence? An hour? Do you see 50-60,000+ fans keeping quite for that long?

Seriously, just get real and stop creating stupid threads.

The FA treat us the same as the treat any other prem Club, in fact, they can be in my opinion, be quite harsh on us, at times.

Why would the FA be scared of a Football Club and be all nice to them because maybe of their fans and their history?

The are the FA! They basically can do what they want.

Middlesbrough
15-04-2009, 02:02 PM

don't get me wrong, i find it absolutely tragic what happened. but it's what annoys me about scousers, they always seem to get away with things.

This is exactly what I've said (us smoggies aren't thick after all) But its completely true, the scousers are really arrogant quite frankly

Tristan
15-04-2009, 05:40 PM
No disrespect to 96 who lost their lives, but seriously how long do you want? An 10 minute silence? An hour? Do you see 50-60,000+ fans keeping quite for that long?

Seriously, just get real and stop creating stupid threads.

The FA treat us the same as the treat any other prem Club, in fact, they can be in my opinion, be quite harsh on us, at times.

Why would the FA be scared of a Football Club and be all nice to them because maybe of their fans and their history?

The are the FA! They basically can do what they want.

Are you stupid? Oh wait...

He clearly means that it shouldn't be a minute's applause - rather a minute's silence.
Suggesting that they're doing it because if it was a minute's silence then United fans will supposedly ruin it with stupid calls and whatever during the silence.

Am I right?

Clowgons
15-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Are you stupid? Oh wait...

He clearly means that it shouldn't be a minute's applause - rather a minute's silence.
Suggesting that they're doing it because if it was a minute's silence then United fans will supposedly ruin it with stupid calls and whatever during the silence.

Am I right?

Your right for once. :rolleyes:

[DC]eption
15-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Most united supporters wouldn't disrespect it, we have had out tradegies to, it will be the odd few muppets, witch any club has!

PoizZoNxX
15-04-2009, 06:58 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post and try to insult users who are from Liverpool.

Minstrels
15-04-2009, 07:57 PM
*REMOVED*

What's so funny about families dying at an event which should of been entertaining for them?

What's so funny about a dad watching his son being crushed to death?

PoizZoNxX
15-04-2009, 08:01 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by brandon (Forum Administrator): Please do not continue to troll

Minstrels
15-04-2009, 08:02 PM
*REMOVED*
You ******* sick ****.

Clowgons
15-04-2009, 09:24 PM
*removed*

Even though i hate scousers pretty badly, i think that is sick to say what you have just said.

Sleep well tonight, one of the 96 may pay you a little visit.......

PoizZoNxX
15-04-2009, 10:10 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post and try to insult users who are from Liverpool.
try? living in liverpool is enough insult to them

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks :).

Implement
15-04-2009, 10:14 PM
I hope your cooker blows up in the night and you fail to escape from your burning home.

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude toward other members, thanks :).

Alkaz
15-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Well you say that, but think how many died in america on sept 11th, they only had 2mins silence. Far less died here and they got 1min. The families and friends have done 20 years of silence for them, so for everyone to have a minute to reflect back on what happened I think is ok.

Implement
15-04-2009, 10:19 PM
One life lost is enough for X amount of minute silences. Let alone 100's and 1000's.

So it's totally irrelevant to the total of lives that were lost, I don't understand what your point is.

Sure most people in this forum will agree with me on that one.

Clowgons
15-04-2009, 10:19 PM
I hope your cooker blows up in the night and you fail to escape from your burning home.

Maybe he doesn't have a Cooker....

http://www.manufacturer.com/images/product/www.alibaba.com/0329/r/10841163_Table_Cooker_Two_Burners.jpg

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks :).

[DC]eption
15-04-2009, 10:20 PM
*REMOVED*

Ur sick in the head.

Implement
15-04-2009, 10:20 PM
His microwave then.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TNRF-vfGhUA/R3rd75QNIFI/AAAAAAAAAPY/mEjCTi_V97E/s320/Microwave_on_fire.jpg

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

-:Undertaker:-
15-04-2009, 10:26 PM

Only in football terms because of Liverpools excellent history in the game, comments like that however will no doubt get shouted at matches and will annoy scousers, what does everyone expect?

As for clowgon, you hate people over a sporting game?, but then again you claimed Tony Blair fixed this country and Margaret Thatcher ruined it so it shows what you know. :)

You all need to stop this constant arguing over football, some of you are complaining that their have been other tragedys in football, and yes there have and they are remembered by their clubs. However TODAY AND NOW is the anniversary concerning Liverpool so give it some space and stop complaining in order to get one over on your opposing team.

CJW93
15-04-2009, 10:29 PM
*REMOVED*

Sick, ******* sick

Implement
15-04-2009, 10:30 PM
*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Minstrels
15-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Football isn't politics so **** off back to that section.
Rude...

He has more intelligent posts than you do Implement. :rolleyes:

No your right it isn't, but when people like you are taking this to extremes all over the forum it shows you and the game up pretty badly.

[DC]eption

everything involves politics my friend :P

Implement
15-04-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm just saying.

do we really need another Gordon Brown? especially in this section he'd have no chance.

15-04-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm just saying.

do we really need another Gordon Brown? especially in this section he'd have no chance.

No, but I feel the need and I have the right to post whenever I feel that people are being completely stupid, or just don't understand basic media. When it is the 20th anniversary of one of the worst sporting disasters in this country then it will get coverage and some people here don't seem to understand this.

A return to common sense is needed.

Clowgons
15-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Only in football terms because of Liverpools excellent history in the game, comments like that however will no doubt get shouted at matches and will annoy scousers, what does everyone expect?

As for clowgon, you hate people over a sporting game?, but then again you claimed Tony Blair fixed this country and Margaret Thatcher ruined it so it shows what you know. :)

You all need to stop this constant arguing over football, some of you are complaining that their have been other tragedys in football, and yes there have and they are remembered by their clubs. However TODAY AND NOW is the anniversary concerning Liverpool so give it some space and stop complaining in order to get one over on your opposing team.

I don't hate anyone. :S Tony Blair hasn't done nothing for this Country
on the economic side should we say.

Margret destroyed this country. History says it all.

I'm not causing any of this petty arguments, it's little baby's like Wootzeh and Tristan who cause the trouble. I refuse to sit back and make cocky noobs like them talk to me like I'm some trash.

Minstrels
15-04-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm just saying.

However you don't need to say it in a rude manner, you could maybe reword it if you really wanted to put the point across.

And I don't see how he's acting like a Gordon Brown of the sports section, if anything he's someone from Liverpool in a tribute thread where families of Liverpool passed away.

I'm not causing any of this petty arguments, it's little baby's like Wootzeh and Tristan who cause the trouble. I refuse to sit back and make cocky noobs like them talk to me like I'm some trash.
Oh grow up for Christs sake. Your not causing arguments? What's with trying to spark something out of me by saying "Well who lost to Fulham at home 3:2" when I simply said I felt United would lose tonight.

Whose the one saying "Well looks like Stoke are getting relegated, I pity you" to a Stoke fan because he's expressing his feelings?

Cocky noobs? For Christs sake man, haven't you noticed an important pattern. The ones you're falling out with go to the football matches, you think maybe these fans see certain aspects on and off the pitch you can't see on your internet stream?

15-04-2009, 10:52 PM

You stated before you hated scousers?, although perhaps I was a bit harsh then, sorry.

As for Margaret, well history does say it all, you only have to look at how our economy became one of the biggest in europe, we became a great power and how our national debt disappeared under her economic reforms.

Although this isn't the politics section, so anyway the basic point I am making in this is that people need to stop complaning about these tragedys and stop turning it into a club v club argument. All through sporting history there have been disasters and will continue to happen, sadly; for people to start using the 'oh scousers get away with murder' etc is absolute rubbish, so lets give the anniversary some room rather than throw scorn on it.

Bun
16-04-2009, 12:51 PM

i have to agree with most of your post there, except for i hate the conservatives. honestly i'd rather have the monster raving loonies party in power, well not really but you know what i mean.

you make a very good point when you say that this disaster should be respected, just like every other is. sick jokes will be said, sick chants will be chanted, but that's just life. the amount of passion that is involved in football is incredible, i mean at the end of the day i'll always be a thick headed smoggy who gives their mam and dad oral :rolleyes:.

but at the end of the day if somebody shouts a rude remark at a football match, you're not going to walk over and ask them politely to not repeat are you? you're going to respond with something worse. or in the famous words of t.i.

Ever had one of them days
You wish you stayd home
Run into a group of ******
getting they hate on
U walk by
they get wrong u reply
then **** get blown
Way outta proportion
way past discussion

okay bit immature but couldn't resist :$, hopefully you get my point anyway. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!