PDA

View Full Version : stand up or sit down

Jack.Lfc
16-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Which do u do at the match. I stand up basically because its a better atmosphere when u stand up.

I was having a arguement with some old man before, he was a arsenal fan and he's as scouse as you can get. And he was going on " there will be another hillsborough basically because ur fans stand up" thats what he said so i said it shows how much you know about hillsborough then dusnt it.

Gloryhunting ****

Anyway what do you do at match?

Sly
16-04-2009, 04:59 PM
What about lying down?

Edited by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post just for the sake of it, as it can be classed as pointless posting. ;)

paul4wolves
16-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Sit down at home
Stand up away

Wootzeh
16-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I prefer standing up, but if people behind me are sitting down I'll sit down too.

Andys
16-04-2009, 05:06 PM
sit at home
stand away

i think it's like that for most clubs tbh.

Skajo
16-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I sit down because otherwise people behind me can't see. Away I stand though.

It's not a better atmosphere standing up, it's the same atmosphere :P

Jack.Lfc
16-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I prefer standing up, but if people behind me are sitting down I'll sit down too.

sameee

As for standing up, u can bounce :D

Loser
16-04-2009, 05:18 PM
I sit down in the terraces, but stand up in the seating.

Bun
16-04-2009, 05:36 PM
i do both really. at home i sit down mainly as most people are but usually end up standing up a lot anyway. away is probably vice versa lol.

[DC]eption
16-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Sit down, my dad moans when i get in the way of the TV ;)

When i do go though standing, sitting just isnt the same!

Throne Sofa
16-04-2009, 06:00 PM
I mainly stand up home and away, however it often depends what the people around you are doing and what stand you are in. For example, at Stamford Bridge if you're in the MHL, you will be standing up for the duration of the 90. If you're in the shed it'll be a combination of both usually, and on the sides if you stand up on a regular basis without any significant events happening on the pitch, you'll eventually end up getting kicked out.

In these modern all-seater stadiums, crowd control is much better with everyone being assigned a certain seat or in the case of a free seating arrangement, they only sell a certain amount of tickets before hand. The stands are no longer holding people who are stuffed together like sardines, so I don't see standing up causing a problem if everyone is assigned their own individual seat.

Standing is a far more enjoyable experience, does create a better atmosphere and at the end of the day, you are at a football match, not in your living room!

Twist
16-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Sit down. I get knackered standing up all the time at games (yes, I'm very unfit).
It was annoying when i went to Wolves vs United at Molineux, and the glory supporting ******s wouldn't sit down. Honestly, 3-0 up at half time and they STILL want more.

Geraint
16-04-2009, 08:14 PM
sit down home (at the front, stand full of old *****)
stand up away

JackBuddy
16-04-2009, 08:19 PM
stand up... until steward tells me off

CJW93
17-04-2009, 02:40 AM
Stand up at both

YellowParasol
17-04-2009, 04:30 AM
As i have a season ticket behind our goal, its terrace so stand up

away i stand up at the back with hundreds of other Peterborough fans usually dtewrds give in trying to tell us to sit down

Minstrels
17-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Stand up and sit down. Most of the time I'll be standing up however last night when Cas scored we were bouncing for about two minutes which seems like an hour when you needed one goal and you've got it. Anyway, when we saw it was disallowed I just sort of squated on the floor.

I was hugging my inflatable banana for support after that.

What about lying down?
Because it's football, arr well. What some people do for a post count on a forum. :rolleyes:

Round some mates up, well that shouldn't really be a plural really however round the mate up, buy a ticket and actually go to a game before post idiotic crap.

CJW93
17-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Back to the spam section

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!