PDA

View Full Version : Unsure about GCSE exams.

PaulMacC
23-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Hm, I dont really know if Im going to pass them or not, I need 10 points to get back into 6th form, A* being 4 points and C being 1 point. I havent applied for a college so if I dont pass it's off to the chippy full-time for a year :P. Thing is I've got to get at least a C in Maths or English, I've got a C in my maths module which is 50% of my exam, missed a B by 4 marks but still. In English, I've got an A in coursework, B in speaking and listening which makes up 40% then 60% is an exam. Im just really unsure weather Im going to get my 10 points to get in or not, Im predicted a few A's (ICT, Religion, Digital Media). Media is a double subject meaning if I get an A it counts as 2 A's. I dunno, really nervous about the whole thing ya'know. My teachers say Im highly capable of doing it, I just lack self-confidence to tell myself I can ;S

J0SH
24-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Just keep revising and keep going to church, your guardian angel can get you through it.

luce
24-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Can you re take the maths or was that your re take don't be nervous with that many A's predicted you should be ok if you revise alot :)!! Also don't think about it in the exams and "do your best" as everyone says ;)

Bun
25-04-2009, 10:08 AM
your lack of self confidence can help you, it will make you strive further. by the sounds of it, i think you'll breeze it.

PaulMacC
26-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Hm, yeah I suppose. I've been revising a lot lately and when I did the mocks I did get all A's and B's.

cocaine
26-04-2009, 08:40 AM
your system must be different from mine :P here, an A* is 8 points, A is 7.. etc etc all the way down to a U i believe. 45 points to get into 6th form to do 3 A-Levels, 55 points to get in and do 4 A-Levels. :)

but dont worry man, just keep revising at your own pace and make sure you can do the topics that you find hard.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!