PDA

View Full Version : My new car.

syko2006
25-04-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm only 14, my Dad had an old Peugeot 406 sitting outside, things started to go wrong on it, and he had the chance to get a new car, so it's just sat outside for ages.

I cracked the question last night, and with in the space of a day, I've put a new set of alloys on it, blead the brakes, pads and discs are sorted, new timing belt, new break fluid, new air filter and a new radiator.

The only thing is, the battery is dead, so I need a new one, yes that's right, I did ALL that and I had to move the car over by pushing it, cos' it was in a sort of enclosed space, and with out a battery, she won't start.
But I shoud be getting one tomorrow, so as soon as I do I'll have her started and ready to run.

Anybody got any private land I can borrow? Lol :)
I'll post up some pictures soon, if anybody has any knowledge on common faults on a 406, please let me know.
Thanks. :)

e5
25-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Can't you jump start it? :S

syko2006
25-04-2009, 10:12 PM
By the time I had finished, it was too late to, but I arranged to get a battery tomorrow, about 20-30 minuits ago. :D

GommeInc
26-04-2009, 01:03 AM
Meh, I could do with some slave labour, know anything about old farm tractors? :P

Sounds like a good car to play around with, how old is it? A 406 is quite a large peugeot, isn't it?

Chaos
26-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Right no offence yeh but if your 14 your an idiot.

Its gonna be sat on your drive for 3 years and your gonna have to pay tax and posibly mot im not sure about tht for 3 years. UNLESS you take it off the road. But chances are when its been there for 3 years your gonna need another new battery so whats the point? unless your planning to sell it then why do it up..

J0SH
26-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Right no offence yeh but if your 14 your an idiot.

Its gonna be sat on your drive for 3 years and your gonna have to pay tax and posibly mot im not sure about tht for 3 years. UNLESS you take it off the road. But chances are when its been there for 3 years your gonna need another new battery so whats the point? unless your planning to sell it then why do it up..

If it's sitting on his drive fair enough, atleast after them 3 years he can get 2000 off a new motor, and you can start taking lessons when you're 16, and he could always drive it on private land which is legal :) How does that make him an idiot? You're just jealous because he has a car and he's doing it up.

Sunny.
26-04-2009, 01:30 PM
If it's sitting on his drive fair enough, atleast after them 3 years he can get 2000 off a new motor, and you can start taking lessons when you're 16, and he could always drive it on private land which is legal :) How does that make him an idiot? You're just jealous because he has a car and he's doing it up.

The 2000 pound gov scheme finishes in March 2010 so no he cant get 2000 for it. You can start lessons when your 17 but you can get a provisional at 16. I doubt he has a large private land which has been bordered off from the roads so yh unless your thinking off selling it, it is a waste of time.

But yh seeing as your @ school and it can get v boring sometimes good on you.

Chaos
26-04-2009, 01:34 PM

Cos Josh the 2000k wnt work then.

And if its sitting on his drive after 3 years the battery he is about to buy wont work so whats the point.

Why dont u just sell the car now get some cash in the bank an save up for car for later date

Ramones
26-04-2009, 08:44 PM

2 million pounds!!!

panoramic
26-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Niceeee
go on a farm or summet :P

Yoshimitsui
26-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Two thousand! ^^

tdi
27-04-2009, 12:37 AM
don't aim for saving 2k on a car by scrapping it.. you have to buy a new car which are stupidly overpriced and the 2k will probably just cover the depreciation value when buying new.

Ramones
27-04-2009, 09:42 PM

Two thousand! ^^

2 million!!

syko2006
28-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Meh, I could do with some slave labour, know anything about old farm tractors? :P

Sounds like a good car to play around with, how old is it? A 406 is quite a large peugeot, isn't it?

Yeah, it's about 5 years old, but a nice car to play with, it is quite big, but who cares when you've got a car. lol

And Chaos, it's already bin confirmed off road. My Dad's mate owns a few acres of land, so I've bin using that. :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!