PDA

View Full Version : Additional Science - OCR

BeanEgg
27-04-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm just realised that I needed to do Additional Science to do A Level Physics, so I can get into Aviation.

Do you think, me dropping History for Additional Science at this stage is a good idea? I mean I can always catch up with it, such a revision books, and school presentations.

Does anyone in the first year of this, think it's quite hard, or I will be able to do it with a lot of effort? Also, can I set the exam next year? Not this year in June if I wanted?

+Rep for any useful help.
Thanks,
Sam

BeanEgg
27-04-2009, 04:31 PM
In addition; What grade at GCSE Additional Science do I need to achieve to do A level Physics?

Thanks!

CHA!NGANG
27-04-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm confused a bit. What sciences do you currently do if any? Anyway, yes you can catch up. There are some good books which go through the material in great detail so if you work very hard then you could do it. However, I doubt the school will let you take the subject now, it's best to ask them before you do anything. If your in the first year, then the exam is next Year I think anyway. This year it will probably be mocks.

myke
27-04-2009, 04:49 PM
I think you need a minimum C?

It'll be very difficult to change it this late... and some of the exams have already been done, so I think you're too late.

myke
27-04-2009, 04:50 PM
I think you need a minimum C?

It'll be very difficult to change it this late... and some of the exams have already been done, so I think you're too late.

BeanEgg
27-04-2009, 04:55 PM
They've had 1 public exam, the head of science said I can do both if I like in June. (Past and latest)
However, I know someone who is doing their exam next year.

Also, someone started back in November. The only issue is places in the room as I've been told.

clueless
07-05-2009, 04:46 PM
I know that they do science resists, so if you do normal science in june and fail you can redo it in the next january as thats when the module tests are for OCR so i assume you can do the same for additional science and take the test in january when people are doing their resits or first attemps at normal science

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!