PDA

View Full Version : Pack em up!

Clowgon
05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
MANCHESTER UNITED plan to make Old Trafford bigger than Wembley.

Red Devils chiefs will push capacity up to 95,000 from the current 75,000.
That would make United’s stadium the biggest in the country.

The plans will please manager Alex Ferguson, who has pressed the case for expansion to the Glazer family, who own United.

He is determined to make watching the club more affordable and entice a fresh generation of fans.

The scheme is tied in with United’s property holdings around Old Trafford.

George Johnstone, United’s group property manager, said: “There is a strategic plan for the stadium.”

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00796/Manchester_United_6_796134a.jpg

Interesting.....

TheMagicTramp
05-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Wow, Manchester United to plan to make Old Trafford bigger than Wembley.

It's such a competition isn't it? :rolleyes:

Browney
05-05-2009, 05:25 PM
they could certainly fill it. and it would put them on par with the Nou Camp and Bernabeu. wont help the atmosphere though. ;)

Geraint
05-05-2009, 05:41 PM
so the main stand is just gonna be pretty much the same as the other sides.

now clowgon can go watch man utd. :eusa_danc

sock
05-05-2009, 05:46 PM
lol geraint..

city'll just buy it and burn it down

Andys
05-05-2009, 05:47 PM
i thought they were in like loads of debt
oh well, stupid tbh they don't need that many seats.

Clowgon
05-05-2009, 05:48 PM

It's such a competition isn't it? :rolleyes:

What's your problem? It's a sport's section DUUHHHH!!!! :rolleyes:

they could certainly fill it. and it would put them on par with the Nou Camp and Bernabeu. wont help the atmosphere though. ;)

I think it would actually. United fans can be know for their quietness. :P:P

so the main stand is just gonna be pretty much the same as the other sides.

now clowgon can go watch man utd. :eusa_danc

WAHEYYYYYYYYYYY!!! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc :rolleyes: :P

Wootzeh
05-05-2009, 05:53 PM
na he still wouldn't go.

TheMagicTramp
05-05-2009, 05:55 PM
I can see it's a Sports section i'm not that stupid you know

Clowgon
05-05-2009, 06:01 PM
na he still wouldn't go.

I plan to go to at least 3-10 games next season. When I'm older, i'm going to go even more. (Might even buy a Season ticket)

To be honest i prefer watching them on play on TV, it's so much better, the player's are so small when your sitting way up the top.

Just the atmosphere though, i absolutely love it! :P

I can see it's a Sports section i'm not that stupid you know

It's such a competition isn't it?

*REMOVED*

Edited by PaulMacC (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult other forum members.

Excellent2
05-05-2009, 06:16 PM
To be honest i prefer watching them on play on TV, it's so much better, the player's are so small when your sitting way up the top.
Thats just proven to us how much love you have for the club. There is nothing better than sitting in the west stand and watching united play.

Minstrels
05-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I plan to go to at least 3-10 games next season. When I'm older, i'm going to go even more. (Might even buy a Season ticket)

So what's that all about you complete Muppet.

If he's a muppet then how can you love an atmosphere which you've previously said doesn't exist?

Clowgon
05-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Thats just proven to us how much love you have for the club. There is nothing better than sitting in the west stand and watching united play.

Hmmmmm.

If he's a muppet then how can you love an atmosphere which you've previously said doesn't exist?

I knew someone was going to say that!

I never said that there's no such thing as a atmosphere at Old trafford. I was just saying that United fans can be know for not making too much of a noise. There generally quite in my opinion.

Don't say i haven't been to enough games to know if they do! :P

Skajo
05-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Old Trafford is a bloody graveyard. I've been there on non-matchday and the atmosphere is better.

JackBuddy
05-05-2009, 07:25 PM
i thought they were in like loads of debt
oh well, stupid tbh they don't need that many seats.
they are, but they are still allowed to spend £16m on Tosic and £30m on Ronaldo...

Andys
05-05-2009, 08:34 PM
they are, but they are still allowed to spend £16m on Tosic and £30m on Ronaldo...
u mean berba not ronaldo? :lol:

JackBuddy
05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
u mean berba not ronaldo? :lol:
yeh sorry i was watchine le game

Implement
05-05-2009, 09:20 PM
can you link me to this story please? i'd like too read the full article, i have a thing for big stadiums... don't ask =]

link pls?

Wootzeh
05-05-2009, 09:25 PM
can you link me to this story please? i'd like too read the full article, i have a thing for big stadiums... don't ask =]

link pls?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2411603.ece

better article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/5276996/Manchester-United-set-to-make-Old-Trafford-bigger-than-Wembley.html

-Heart
06-05-2009, 06:46 PM

So what's that all about you complete Muppet.

Well then you don't have that much passion for the club then do you? Nothing better than watching your team when in the stadium. Muppet.

Implement
06-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Seems asthough all this Old Trafford stadium expansion plans are just rumours atm. Would be nice to see it happen though. :)

Jamie!
06-05-2009, 07:33 PM
**** me, I thought I'd seen every excuse in the book and then this pops up;

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It will be interesting to see the plans, it'll cost them a fortune with the railway behind the Main Stand.

Implement
06-05-2009, 08:24 PM
reports say it'll cost £100M.

Jibbish
06-05-2009, 08:47 PM
im pretty sure the owners are in debt?

Geraint
06-05-2009, 08:54 PM
**** me, I thought I'd seen every excuse in the book and then this pops up;

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It will be interesting to see the plans, it'll cost them a fortune with the railway behind the Main Stand.

They have room, there's a pavement, road and small car park behind the main one isn't there?

Clowgon
06-05-2009, 09:13 PM
They have room, there's a pavement, road and small car park behind the main one isn't there?

Yep. :8

Implement
06-05-2009, 09:15 PM
it would be an even more magical stadium.

Jamie!
07-05-2009, 11:30 AM
There's virtually nowt at all, it backs straight onto the railway;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01396/old_trafford_1396521c.jpg

Wootzeh
07-05-2009, 11:44 AM
it would be an even more magical stadium.
Shame it's magical in the architectural state and not atmosphere wise

Geraint
07-05-2009, 08:34 PM
There's virtually nowt at all, it backs straight onto the railway;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01396/old_trafford_1396521c.jpg

thought the main stand was the other one.

WootzehSCFC
07-05-2009, 10:17 PM
who knows eh?

Geraint
07-05-2009, 10:21 PM
build over the train track with a tunnel for trains to go through.

WootzehSCFC
07-05-2009, 10:24 PM
i wouldnt mind if the stadium collapsed if they did that

Clowgon
08-05-2009, 06:59 AM
*REMOVED*

Edit by Robbie! (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to other members.

yido
08-05-2009, 08:10 AM
clowgon how u plan on going to be a season ticket holder when your older u do no theres a waiting list if u never been to a game your going to be waitin a long time :L

Clowgon
08-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I know, it's probably going take me 2 years if i apply for a Season ticket.

I have been to the games, I'm going to sign up to One United soon enough, more chance of getting ticket/tickets for a game by doing that.

Implement
09-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Aren't the Council meant to approve/pay for anything that includes the railway tracks? surely they'd have to pay for the "tunnel" part of the stand where the train goes through?

also, that's be a bugger for Utd to get planning permission to do, you know what the council/government are like, probably cost them an arm and a leg.

Tristan
09-05-2009, 11:33 PM
New stupidest posts by Clowgon.

What's your problem? It's a sport's section DUUHHHH!!!! :rolleyes:

He means competition between ground sizes not your freaking thread, stupid.

I think it would actually. United fans can be know for their quietness. :P:P

WAHEYYYYYYYYYYY!!! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc :rolleyes: :P

Lol? It's nowhere near better than watching at the grounds.

You love the atmosphere! Yes, when United fans are known for their quietness and are generally quiet. And also when watching on TV is so much better! Got to love the atmosphere from the TV.

Hmmmmm.

I knew someone was going to say that!

Yeah because what you said was stupid.

I never said that there's no such thing as a atmosphere at Old trafford. I was just saying that United fans can be know for not making too much of a noise. There generally quite in my opinion.

Don't say i haven't been to enough games to know if they do! :P

But you haven't.

Cixso
10-05-2009, 10:26 AM
It depends if they use the railway for commercial of industrial use.

If industrial then it would probably be declined because of the following:

Lack of business sicne the railway will be closed (Thereforer the gov will have to pay thesde businesses expected income)
Millions, and millions of pounds will have to be spent on the bridge alone. (tunnel what have you)

If you think about it, they can't start on the tunnel until he structure of the stand is built, and that takes months.

It's still the rescission of CC, therefore these industrial trains will be closed due to development, meaning huge loss of profits and because it will take at least 6 months minimum, that's a whole lot of loss.

Government won't approve of it. So I bet you the train tunnel idea is out the pan.

95,000... wow.

TBH I would extent Wembly if they did that because I prefer our national stadium to be the biggest stadium in the country.

Not a team that has supporters who have never been to the city or even know where it actually is.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!