PDA

View Full Version : Cyclists

Dan2nd
20-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I hate them...

There aren't as many of them during the winter so forgot how annoying they really are lol!

For this whole week I have been plagued with cyclists not following the rules of the road.. who just seem to think because they are on two wheels and do not have a motor they are allowed to endanger themselves as well as people around them... What gives them the right not to wait at red lights and just pull out into busy traffic, in my opinion you should have to take a test to ride on the road.. and you should pay road tax....

and what triggered me to write this rant?

Recently there have been a lot of road works near where I live and there is a particular section where there are traffic lights only allowing traffic to go one way at a time... there is barely enough room for a car to fit through these road works and you have enough things to try and avoid hitting (such as traffic cones, diggers, builders) let alone a stupid cyclist who has decided to ignore the traffic light and come zooming towards me in the opposite direction even though there is clearly not enough room. :@

lets just say I beeped at him among other things :eusa_whis

GoldenMerc
20-05-2009, 03:07 PM
lol they hold up traffic aswel god the person in front of me on the way to college obviously didn't want to overtake the cyclists so i had to take a different turn which took me the wrong way :(

e5
20-05-2009, 03:09 PM
y wud u pay road tax
bikes r well slow

UKIP
20-05-2009, 03:26 PM
I agree, what annoys me most of that we spend millions on 'biking paths' that cyclists don't even use, they should be barred from using the road.

Immenseman
20-05-2009, 03:43 PM
I don't think the argument can be generalised. There are numerous cyclists which follow the law of the road just like there are many motorists who act completely oblivious to cyclists.

Corporal
20-05-2009, 03:44 PM
I agree, what annoys me most of that we spend millions on 'biking paths' that cyclists don't even use, they should be barred from using the road.
I agree with you there, if there is a bike path next to the road they should be made to use that. If there isnt then fair play.

Youheard
20-05-2009, 06:39 PM

and ride where? On the path, risking crashing into pedestrians?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!