PDA

View Full Version : OCR MEI Mathematics C1

Bevvie
20-05-2009, 03:08 PM
So did anyone take this exam today? How do you think you did?

I found it easier than January one. Just not sure about some of the tricky questions.

C2 this friday. :(

Rcss
20-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Dont know what your on about Bev, glad you found it easy though (:

Bevvie
20-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Lol oh thanks Ross
:D
Yeah cos i actually put some effort in and revised and did past papers.

Rcss
20-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Lol oh thanks Ross
:D
Yeah cos i actually put some effort in and revised and did past papers.

Will all be worth it in the end (:

Immenseman
20-05-2009, 03:16 PM
well done bevvie, sure you did well xx

DieselShaq
20-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Is it roughly the same as EdExcel's C1? I got 97% on it in my mock (73/75) and the two marks lost was because I didn't see a 2-mark question... However, that was like, half a year ago and I haven't touched C1 since. Had S1 exam today and I think I may have lost like, 5 marks on it? Not sure, but I've done like, 20 past papers since Sunday lol. My C1 and C2 exams are on the same day on June 5th after my CIE biology multiple choice...

Just out of curiosity, which of the exam boards is the hardest? There's like, EdExcel, CIE, AQA, OCR MEI and what else?

Bevvie
20-05-2009, 03:50 PM
well done bevvie, sure you did well xx
aww thank you jakey xx hope you did well in your exams.

Is it roughly the same as EdExcel's C1? I got 97% on it in my mock (73/75) and the two marks lost was because I didn't see a 2-mark question... However, that was like, half a year ago and I haven't touched C1 since. Had S1 exam today and I think I may have lost like, 5 marks on it? Not sure, but I've done like, 20 past papers since Sunday lol. My C1 and C2 exams are on the same day on June 5th after my CIE biology multiple choice...

Just out of curiosity, which of the exam boards is the hardest? There's like, EdExcel, CIE, AQA, OCR MEI and what else?

Hmm i dont think so. But mine is worth 72 marks i think.
lol wow. Brainy. 20 past papers?? O.o I am so behind. I havent really done any C2 past papers and the exam is this Friday. Good luck with your exams. I am sure you will get an A.
I got S1 on 15th June.

Mhmm not sure, for me its OCR MEI. There is OCR aswell. Think they are different. lol i dont know to be honest.

DieselShaq
20-05-2009, 03:55 PM
I need to start working on C1 and C2 (well, pick it up again) as well as study for my other exams. I have like, 15 papers left to do (including C1 and C2) in 10 days.

Good luck in your S1!

CHA!NGANG
20-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Terrible. Section A was easy except number 10. Section B, Question 11 was ok but didn't do half of question 12 and half of question 13

DieselShaq
21-05-2009, 06:57 AM
What does the OCR MEI syllabus include?

Plank
21-05-2009, 09:04 AM
I've got OCR MEI C2 on Friday (holy **** that's tomorrow) and S1 on June 15th. :( Didn't have to retake C1 cos I done it in January.

For OCR MEI there are chapters on:

C1: Basic algebra, co-ordinate geometry, polynomials, uncertainty, indices and the language of mathematics.

C2: Sequences and series, differentiation, integration, trigonometry, logarithms and exponentials, further differentiation and integration.

S1: Exploring data, data presentation and related measures of centre and spread, probability, discrete random variables, further probability, binomial distribution, hypothesis testing.

They are from the chapter headings of the text books from school. Worst parts for me are trig equations and probability :eusa_thin Having a crap teacher doesn't help either.

Sad3k..
21-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Yeah i had S1 on wednesday went quite good actually jus the probability qwquesiton with r and Q? i felt like what do i do, anyway we got an extra 30 mins due to the year 11's making nopise after their biology exams. C1 and c2 5th juen hopefully it goes well

DieselShaq
21-05-2009, 09:49 AM
EdExcel:

C1: Algebra and functions, Quadratic functions, Equations and inequalities, Sketching curves, Coordinate geometry in the (x,y) plane, Sequences and series, Differentiation, Integration

C2: Algebra and functions, Sine and cosine rule, Exponentials and logarithms, Coordinate geometry in the (x,y) plane, Bionomial expansion, Radian measure and its applications, Geometric sequences and series, Graphs of trigonometric functions, Differentiation, Trigonometric identities and simple equatinos, Integration

S1: Mathematical modelling in probability and statistics, Representation of sample data, Methods for summarising sample data (location), Methods for summarising data (dispersion), Probability, Correlation, Regression, Discrete random variables, Normal distribution

I don't really remember doing a lot of these LOL.

Sad3k.. : I can't believe you're allowed extra time because of other people making noise...

Plank
22-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Sad3k.. : I can't believe you're allowed extra time because of other people making noise...

That's what I was thinking.. 30 minutes just for a few minutes of noise while others leaving exams? :S We only got like 3 minutes added on when some ones phone went off in their bag.

Just done C2 OCR MEI. Kinda mixed feelings about it. I had to rush question twelve cos I got short of time, but I think I done alright on all of Section A.

Axel
22-05-2009, 11:13 AM
That C2 was horrible... I missed a few questions.

Plank
22-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Just been reading discussions about it on another forum. I've completed ****ed it up.

Question 11.. ballsed that up. Question 12, couldn't do like half of the parts, and I couldn't do the trigonometry equation and then finding the angles between -180 - 180 (i think) Probably messed up everywhere else as well.

Resit in JAnuary here I come. :(

:BangHead: :eusa_clap

Plank
22-05-2009, 01:12 PM
^^^^^^^ i mean question 10 not 11, the one with logs, and the height of the tree.

Bevvie
22-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Eek C2 was so hard.
Section A was okay. Just got stuck on that trigonometric equation and one of the log ones.
Section B was bloody hard. The last two questions. Sequences, i did bad. That expotential thing was okay.

I should have been prepare and not revise like the day before the exam. Resit for me i reckon. :(

CHA!NGANG
22-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Section A was easy. Section B with GM's and AM's was ok rest was very hard! Also, has anyone posted answers yet?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!