PDA

View Full Version : Burnley Promoted!

Kightly
25-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Good game, glad they were promoted for a change! What a season in the premiership next season:

Wolves
Birmingham
Burnley

Immenseman
25-05-2009, 04:04 PM
yeah, i'm glad it was them and not sheffield united, well done to them :eusa_danc

CJW93
25-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Pleased for Burnley. If Sheffield United came up they always go down a year or so later

Browney
25-05-2009, 05:24 PM
*Removed* **** *******

Edited by preposterous (Forum Moderator) - Please don't avoid the filter.

eight
25-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Nice to see the underdogs get promoted :)

luce
25-05-2009, 05:42 PM
i didn't really care who came up but well done to them :)

champions
25-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Yerrrrrrr get in! I really wanted Burnley to get promoted. Should be great playing them next season.

Browney
25-05-2009, 05:52 PM
*Removed* **** *******

Edited by preposterous (Forum Moderator) - Please don't avoid the filter.

that couldve been anything. alot of words end with "ing".

the burnley scarves'll be out at school. i had no idea there was so many closet burnley fans before the CC run...

Geraint
25-05-2009, 08:12 PM
well done burnley and well done steve thompson. **** you dave jones. burnley are a very good team, always have been but we always seem to beat them so i would have preferred sheffield united to go up purely because they always beat us.

Andys
25-05-2009, 08:34 PM
woo.
they'll be straight back down though.

Skajo
25-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Some fantastic games next year then...

Burnley vs Stoke - wow, what an advertisement for the Premierleague :D

Jack.Lfc
25-05-2009, 10:43 PM
A new seasin, a new ground to visit :)

Geraint
25-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Burnley is an absolute ****hole.

Jack.Lfc
25-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Cant be as bad as anfield.

Skajo
25-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Burnley is an absolute ****hole.
They're here, they're there, they're every ******* where wooden seats, wooden seats.

Geraint
25-05-2009, 11:17 PM
They're here, they're there, they're every ******* where wooden seats, wooden seats.

My season ticket for NP is for a wooden seat.

Skajo
25-05-2009, 11:22 PM
My season ticket for NP is for a wooden seat.
Not anymore.

Loser
25-05-2009, 11:34 PM
I don't think Burnley will go down immediately. The teams who haven't seen the PL (for a long while) tend to have a surprisingly good season. Hull, Wigan, Reading, Stoke etc.

well done burnley and well done steve thompson. **** you dave jones. burnley are a very good team, always have been but we always seem to beat them so i would have preferred sheffield united to go up purely because they always beat us.

LULWUT?!

Bun
26-05-2009, 08:18 AM
i like burnley, i can only guess it's a good thing that we ain't playing them next season.

JackBuddy
26-05-2009, 08:44 AM
I have been told about Burnely- area and fans are meant to be scabby (hey they're northern ;) ). Wanted Sheffield United to bounce back up because of their injustice a few years ago. Not sure if their team will be able to give the same energy levels week in week out in the PL though... (unless they spend big).

Oh btw, I hate Chris Eagles.

Arron
26-05-2009, 09:42 AM
wooo! all thanks to brian jensen. legend keeper.

Browney
26-05-2009, 10:26 AM
I have been told about Burnely- area and fans are meant to be scabby (hey they're northern ;) ). Wanted Sheffield United to bounce back up because of their injustice a few years ago. Not sure if their team will be able to give the same energy levels week in week out in the PL though... (unless they spend big).

Oh btw, I hate Chris Eagles.

HEY HEY HEY. It's not that they're northern, they're just lancastrian. ^_^
Yeah I know, I heard they used the smallest squad in their league last season and to get promoted using that squad is a big acheivement. Howeverrr, I just wonder if using those players 38 weeks in a row (ignoring cup competitions) against some of the best players in the world will shatter them out. I think your right, they need to spend big or I'd put money on them going straight back down.

Geraint
26-05-2009, 01:17 PM
I don't think Burnley will go down immediately. The teams who haven't seen the PL (for a long while) tend to have a surprisingly good season. Hull, Wigan, Reading, Stoke etc.

LULWUT?!

oh, come on, we all know that steve thompson left because jones disliked him. he should have stayed. this promotion may send a message out to jones.

Loser
26-05-2009, 05:21 PM
oh, come on, we all know that steve thompson left because jones disliked him. he should have stayed. this promotion may send a message out to jones.

Steve Thompson left because of Dave Jones, correct, to a certain point. Thompson would've stayed if he was performing well here. I don't understand why you would want Dave Jones to go. It's ridiculous. 7th position is not a failure.

Geraint
26-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Steve Thompson left because of Dave Jones, correct, to a certain point. Thompson would've stayed if he was performing well here. I don't understand why you would want Dave Jones to go. It's ridiculous. 7th position is not a failure.

I didn't say I wanted him to go. :S

7th position is a failure when you look at our position throughout the season.

Loser
28-05-2009, 06:17 PM
I didn't say I wanted him to go. :S

7th position is a failure when you look at our position throughout the season.

Not if you look at our squad, or previous previous finishing positions though. We should really have made the play offs, but every year a team just misses out, and this year it was us.
We have a small squad, so it's inevitable that we will fall away a little bit towards the end of the season. It happens pretty much every year, and as long as we start off well and get alot of points on the board before fatigue sets in, I'm happy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!