PDA

View Full Version : Forum Updates - 31st May

xxMATTGxx
31-05-2009, 10:02 AM
We did indeed missed out last week updates if anyone noticed, I know a few people asked me where they were. But that's due to a few minor reasons, so we are back with some updates for you this week!

Know a few people asked

Rule A7 Rule Update
Two new arcade games
Posting about rulebreaking posts
Added information on how to donate in a friend's name
New Tech Usergroup

The list isn't fully completed and will be done later on today by myself or other management.

Due to a miscommunication the other four updates were delayed, and three of them won't be done till tomorrow. Sorry about that! ~nvrspk4

xxMATTGxx
31-05-2009, 10:02 AM
A7. Do not post inappropriate content, links, or images – Images or links with inappropriate content or pictures, such as swearing, gore, nudity or annoyance such as never ending pop-ups are not allowed. (Including Signature images linked to the websites)

This means if you post links to websites that are "Rick Roll" or sites that throw many pop-ups at your face, are no longer allowed to be posted anywhere on the forum including forum signatures. Therefore if you have a signature image linked up to one of these sites, it shall be removed by the Moderation Department.

nvrspk4
03-06-2009, 04:47 AM
We are looking to about double the number of arcade games from 21 to around 40, and we are taking suggestions. Though we are actively looking a little bit, we are more depending on suggestions from members that we feel would be popular. If you have an idea, send it to me and I'll think about it and I'll let you know, I'll definitely say something if I decide against it and I may say something if I decide to add it.

Anyway, for this week there are two new games.

Defend Your Castle - Suggested by countless people
Warzone Tower Defense - Suggested by Mentor

Due to the forum downtime, we want to ensure that we are 100% sure on the reason the forum went down before making any changes (or at least before letting me touch anything) so we will add these soon. It is highly highly unlikely that adding arcade games would affect anything, but better safe than sorry!

nvrspk4
03-06-2009, 04:51 AM
Hi everyone!

From time to time, especially in the Feedback and Complaints forums we get threads complaining about specific posts or threads that need to be moderated, or forums that need to be dealt with. People often try to call attention to the problem and they have the best of intentions by trying to deal with a situation that is making the forum a less fun place to be.

However I must stress that creating a thread is not the first avenue to get things done. The first avenue should always be reporting a post. This doesn't mean, report all the posts then go post a thread. Report the posts and see if they're dealt with in a good amount of time.

If the report function isn't useful and you're finding that moderators are passing over the posts about 20-24 hours later, then you post a thread about the issue. However a lot of the time we hear about problems and find that the thread starter hadn't reported them or reported the posts about five minutes before they created the threads. We have found that members agree that in most of these cases where members create a thread about troublemaking, when the report function is used, moderators and Super Moderators respond quickly and effectively.

So before creating a thread about a troublemaking user, forum, or (set of) thread(s), try reporting them and give it some time!

Thanks!

nvrspk4
03-06-2009, 04:59 AM
We have now created a usergroup for the users of our Tech Forums, tentatively named The IT Crowd (this name may be subject to change, if you have suggestions let us know!)

This group is for those tech geeks who want to display their love for all things electronic. At the moment, there is no special forum for The IT Crowd because we saw no need. Instead the group will be merely a form of camaraderie between members of the Tech Forums. If you have suggestions for a forum for the IT Crowd and the reason it should be implemented, post a thread in forum feedback.

A userbar will be created for the group ASAP.

Thanks to Mentor for this suggestion!

xxMATTGxx
04-06-2009, 01:27 PM
There was a slight confusion with people and some of you didn't know how to actually buy donator for a friend using the PayPal method. I have created a thread here. (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=582879) With all the details and how to do it. It's also the same content as below:

In this thread, I will tell you how to buy donator for your friend. Do not use the persons account to buy them donator.

This is for people who buy it via PAYPAL.

1: Buy donator like normal, if you was doing it for yourself.

2: Make sure you have chosen the right colour your friend wanted!

3: Once payment has been completed. You will need to send a Private Message to Brandon , from there he will make sure your friend will get the donator you have bought them. This isn't a automatic process, it may take 24-48 hours for it to be completed.

Thanks to Dinasaw for the suggestion.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!