PDA

View Full Version : Today's Events

nvrspk4
05-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Hey everyone,

Just to bring everyone up to speed on what happened today, as I'm sure you're aware earlier today hackers gained access to HabboxLive and limited access to Habbox.com

This was due to the keylogging of one of our managers, whose personal details and passwords were leaked as a result of the hacking. Because of this, hackers were able to gain access to the HabboxLive CPanel, deleting part of the site, and the manager's Habbox.com account which they used to delete the navigator and create an article.

Since then, we have resecured all relevant parts of Habbox, largely in part thanks to the quick thinking and decisive action taken by managers, including Mrs.McCall, Sammeth., and Garion. I was then able to reset the HabboxLive CPanel and Jin brought back HabboxLive with a backup and is currently working at restoring the navigator, big thanks for that since he's actually on exam leave right now and made an emergency return to check that everything came back up properly and there were no security concerns.

We have taken steps to ensure that there is absolutely no possibility of viruses on HabboxLive.com, we fully deleted the site and brought it back via a backup from mid May. However we still do advise that members scan regularly as a normal safety precaution so that keyloggers and other malware don't find their way onto your computer. If you feel that your account is in danger then definitely change your password but at present we have no reason to believe that any details are in danger.

Basically, this wasn't really a big deal, there will be very little lasting impact thanks to quick action on the part of our managers.

Thanks!
Habbox Management Team

Jin
05-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Habbox.com and HabboxLive.com are now fully operational (as far as I am aware).

Have fun people!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!