PDA

View Full Version : Edexcel are stupid :l

Moh
07-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Here is a list of somhttp://www.habboxforum.com/images/editor/menupop.gife of the communications requirements that Jonathan and Sue have identified.

Her aim is to keep waste to a minimum by ordering just in time from her suppliers.

Explain to Jonathan and Sue the implications of using different communications media to meet their objectives. Illustrate your explanation with relevant examples. Summarise the benefits and limitations and recommend what Jonathan and Sue should do to get their message across.

How the hell would you use communications media for that?

Edited by Robbie! (Forum Super Moderator): Thread moved to Education

cocaine
07-06-2009, 09:23 AM
i think you'd find that exam boards are not stupid.
and i wouldn't know, i don't do communications media. probably telephone and stuff.

Hecktix
07-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Internet ordering?

Moh
07-06-2009, 09:29 AM
i think you'd find that exam boards are not stupid.
and i wouldn't know, i don't do communications media. probably telephone and stuff.
For a mock exam, edexcel gave us a PERT chart that was impossible to fill in. Tell me thats not stupid?

I don't understand why they have put "ordering just in time", its not the method, its the time you place your order :l

Internet ordering?
Same as above =P

Hecktix
07-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Ok because online ordering hasn't ensured that you can order at the very last minute?

It's just asking you to explain to them how useful the internet would be to them as you can literally order things sometimes the same day you want them delivered etc.

Fifteen
07-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Stock control, they can set-up a system which everytime a barcode is scanned it is taken away from the number of stock, they can set a re-order number for each product so when a product reaches the re-order number it will automatically re-order it. The advantages are saves time, can easily change on a daily basis and there will be enough storage space.

Moh
07-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Ok because online ordering hasn't ensured that you can order at the very last minute?

It's just asking you to explain to them how useful the internet would be to them as you can literally order things sometimes the same day you want them delivered etc.
True, didn't think about same day delivery.

Stock control, they can set-up a system which everytime a barcode is scanned it is taken away from the number of stock, they can set a re-order number for each product so when a product reaches the re-order number it will automatically re-order it. The advantages are saves time, can easily change on a daily basis and there will be enough storage space.
Not a type of communication :(

Tintinnabulate
07-06-2009, 09:47 AM
And you didnt post this in the education forum because ....?
You would probably get better answers there.

Moh
07-06-2009, 09:50 AM
And you didnt post this in the education forum because ....?
You would probably get better answers there.
Because you hardly ever get a reply :)

Tintinnabulate
07-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Because you hardly ever get a reply :)

If people actually started posting in the right forums then obviously they will ... because more people will go there.

Anyway cant you look at the mark scheme :S

Moh
07-06-2009, 09:56 AM
If people actually started posting in the right forums then obviously they will ... because more people will go there.

Anyway cant you look at the mark scheme :S

The mark scheme is a secure download, so only tutors can download it.

Tintinnabulate
07-06-2009, 10:11 AM
The mark scheme is a secure download, so only tutors can download it.

Go on the studentroom and request it and someone will post it as lot of them have the login and password for their colleges :)
Usually your exam office can give you a login.

Technologic
07-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Maybe it's you who's stupid, not the board.

Jks.

But seriously, all the boards are stupid nowadays. The questions are either ridiculously easy with some boards like AQA and ridiculously hard with others like Edexcel and CCEA

Tintinnabulate
07-06-2009, 11:56 AM
WJEC are the worst boards, well for Psychology anyway. Many colleges in Manchester's agree.

Smits
07-06-2009, 12:17 PM
That question is perfectly logical, you just need to think.

Moh
07-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Maybe it's you who's stupid, not the board.

Jks.

But seriously, all the boards are stupid nowadays. The questions are either ridiculously easy with some boards like AQA and ridiculously hard with others like Edexcel and CCEA
I find Edexcel exams quite easy though, all the methods are the basic ways, not the hard ways lol. Then again, its hard because you get taught all the hard ways so you don't really know the easy ways :@

WJEC are the worst boards, well for Psychology anyway. Many colleges in Manchester's agree.
Never heard of WJEC :o

That question is perfectly logical, you just need to think.
Considering I'm on an IT course, they aren't the best questions ^_^

Humm, how about this one?

Sue uses fresh, locally sourced produce for the restaurant and her cookery courses.
Do I really care that she uses fresh, locally sourced products?

cocaine
07-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Do I really care that she uses fresh, locally sourced products?

yes, because

"ordering just in time from her suppliers."

means that because its local they will arrive quicker, cutting delivery times and being able to control the stock level to just above minimum..

Moh
07-06-2009, 12:33 PM
yes, because

"ordering just in time from her suppliers."

means that because its local they will arrive quicker, cutting delivery times and being able to control the stock level to just above minimum..

This isn't to do with the ordering objective =P

cocaine
07-06-2009, 12:38 PM
This isn't to do with the ordering objective =P

oh ok haha sorry

Tintinnabulate
07-06-2009, 12:38 PM
WJEC is the Welsh Board.

Technologic
07-06-2009, 01:50 PM
God, at least your IT exam was interesting. Mine (CCEA) was boring as ****.

Recursion
07-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Harder exams generally need lower marks to get the higher grades, like for Maths (non coursework) Module 5 you needed like 50% for an A*.

Moh
11-06-2009, 09:39 PM
God, at least your IT exam was interesting. Mine (CCEA) was boring as ****.
Its coursework, not exam ^_^

But todays exam was boring as hell! Projects! Had to do risk assessments and everything :'(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!