PDA

View Full Version : Thorpe Park - 18th June!

jackass
14-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Yeah, i'm going to Thorpe Park on the 18th June (Next Thursday), anyone else going?

Just wondering these things though...

Will it be busy? It's a school day, out of holidays and midweek?
Will all the rides be open? Because it's costing loads to get there via trains/buses, and I live far away so I don't want it to be a waste of time!

Thanks, +Rep to all help! :)

Lee
14-06-2009, 02:16 PM
I think all rides are open. Shouldn't be too busy because of the time your going. Have fun, let me know how it was :P

jackass
14-06-2009, 02:21 PM
I think all rides are open. Shouldn't be too busy because of the time your going. Have fun, let me know how it was :P

I hope all rides will be open, and that it's not busy, because it's really far away, and it costs a lot to get there when you don't have a car! :P

Thanks, +rep. :)

flatface
14-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I'd imagine it won't be busy because school being on etc. It's coming up to the holiday season etc so I would of thought all their rides would also be open. Hope you have a good time :)

Immenseman
14-06-2009, 03:15 PM
it's always relatively busy anyway. all gcse students are finished. uni students are finished. 6th form and college is on/off depending on where you go so yeah quite a few peeps will still be around. have a good time x

Samishlol
14-06-2009, 03:17 PM
If you get there early you will beat the queues. I went on the 3rd June. We arrived at 10:45am and we beat most of the queues.

Nixt
14-06-2009, 03:18 PM
I got there when it opened at half nine when I went a couple of weeks ago. It was amazing, and everything was opened - it was half term and the longest we waited was an hour or so for Saw.

Samishlol
14-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Saw is hardly ever empty.

LuketheDuke
14-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Also went couple of weeks back, took us 3 and half hours to get there from Somerset due to traffic jams but the park itself was moderately packed.

£4 for a fast-track ticket onto some rides is crazee mind, so its best to do the proper British thing and patiently que.

Callum.
15-06-2009, 04:18 PM
you're normally gunna have to queue for everything no matter when you go.

i went last yr around june on a wet day, for the first 3 hours there was no queues, but then it fulls up.

you're going anyway, so just enjoy it.

shizzle
15-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Omg, I got it on a Thursday aswell, but I don't think it's this month... I think it's july.

jackass
15-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Lol nice. :P

Thanks everyone, i'll +Rep you all when I can be bothered.

At the moment, Stealth, Rapids & No Way Out are all closed - and it's rumored that the problem with Stealth is quite serious, and could remain closed for a while. Great.

Nxrissa
15-06-2009, 06:23 PM
you will have to queue acorse.
though even if you go on a saturday its still not that bad because theres so many rides
have a nice time x

jackass
19-06-2009, 01:51 PM
It was absolutely amazing! I'll give you all a rundown of the day... :P

Very busy, but got on a surprising amount of rides
Sunny in the morning, cloudy in the afternoon, but very warm and dry
All the rides were open
My Chicken Royale at Burger King was disgusting - incredibly salty
Only two rides went down, Nemesis Inferno for about 15 minutes, and Stealth for about half an hour
Awesome day!

And here are the rides I went on and how many times...

Nemesis Inferno - 3
Stealth - 2
Tidal Wave - 1
Rumba Rapids - 1
Detonator - 4
Saw: The Ride - 2
Colossus - 2
X:\ No Way Out - 1

:D

j2jcs
19-06-2009, 02:13 PM
About 50 or so (I believe), people from our school went yesturday aswell, to celebrate leaving. They had about 100 2 for 1 vouchers, apparently they enjoyed it. Not really my cup of tea!

18-3
19-06-2009, 02:52 PM
It was absolutely amazing! I'll give you all a rundown of the day... :P

Very busy, but got on a surprising amount of rides
Sunny in the morning, cloudy in the afternoon, but very warm and dry
All the rides were open
My Chicken Royale at Burger King was disgusting - incredibly salty
Only two rides went down, Nemesis Inferno for about 15 minutes, and Stealth for about half an hour
Awesome day!

And here are the rides I went on and how many times...

Nemesis Inferno - 3
Stealth - 2
Tidal Wave - 1
Rumba Rapids - 1
Detonator - 4
Saw: The Ride - 2
Colossus - 2
X:\ No Way Out - 1

:D
You only rode Saw twice?

Poor.

jackass
20-06-2009, 02:40 PM
You only rode Saw twice?

Poor.

How is that poor? It's a brand new ride and a busy day, so i'm actually incredibly happy with that result. :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!