PDA

View Full Version : This is really beginning to annoy/get to me.

Nemo
16-06-2009, 08:14 PM
K well ages ago i had my mock exams, and now recently ive had some of my real ones (sciences and maths). And basically, i flopped pretty hard in my mocks because i just didnt revise at all, because well.... i just didnt really care about them. So fair enough, i flopped, but then my mum gets a call, saying that 3 of my teachers are saying im not doing as good as i should be, and that because im being predicted A/A*s for like everything, i should be doing amazing and whatever in the mocks, which is just dumb.

Now i understand why 1 of my teachers said that, because that was a REALLY bad flop, and i was really disappointed with that one, but ive never really done great in history.

Now my spanish teacher, i didnt do great, but tbh ive kept up with the work and whatever, but oh well, shes a crap teacher so i dont care as much if shes saying im not doing good or whatever.

Now this last one REALLY pissed me off. My business teacher is saying that im doing good enough or reaching my full potential!? I got like 88% in the test, what am i meant to get? 100%? ********. And its not just the test that i did pretty damn good in, in class im pretty much ahead of everyone, because i work fast yes, but atleast im doing the bloody work.

Then they're saying they're gonna be a careers advice interview or whatever, i dont see much point in that but oh well, cant be too bad. I just hate how they expect me to get brilliant in my mocks and whatever. They dont even look at what i did do good at, i got an A in my chemistry mock, A* in my biology, A in my physics, etc. etc.

Just a half rant but yeah.

Mentor
16-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Meh, do good in your real ones, get A levels, then no one will care what you got a GCSE, even more so once you get a Degree if you go for one.

Annoying if your getting moaned at, but aint a big deal :p

Nemo
16-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Meh, do good in your real ones, get A levels, then no one will care what you got a GCSE, even more so once you get a Degree if you go for one.

Annoying if your getting moaned at, but aint a big deal :p
I dno, its just annoying because ive always been like just naturally smart and at the top kinda thing, and im just not used to it, and hate it when im being moaned at, especailly when its unjust.

Immenseman
16-06-2009, 08:45 PM
You just need to take it on board, just accept what they're saying. At the end of the day you know how you work. Teachers at GCSE level think their subject is the most important and are so blunt about it leading to unnecessary moaning. Just remember they only want what's best for you, although it's hard to see it ATM.

Mentor
17-06-2009, 09:52 AM
I dno, its just annoying because ive always been like just naturally smart and at the top kinda thing, and im just not used to it, and hate it when im being moaned at, especailly when its unjust.

Tis all well and good being naturally smart, but if you wana be lazy its a whole different game to play :p (that said GCSE's are easy, i'm surprised not revising actually effected you grade o.o)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!