PDA

View Full Version : 3 months of Mini trouble

Dan2nd
20-06-2009, 01:21 PM
The last 3 months have not been the best for me and my Mini....

For anyone who hasn't seen it heres a pic (sorry for it being sidewards)

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1748/2006091401.jpg
First of all at the begining of April the 'ABS' (I think thats what it was called) system wasn't working correctly, luckily my Mini was still under warranty so they said they could fix it for free.. erm any way I was told they didn't have a space in their diary for a week but it was still safe to drive... so for a week I had to put up with my car beeping at me telling me this ABS thing wasn't working.. I take it in wait for three hours while they dismantle my car and put it back together again.. they then tell me they didn't have the correct part and it would have to be imported from Germany :rolleyes:.

I was assured that I shouldn't worry as it won't take long.. so lets fast forward a 'bit' to a week ago after many phone calls moaning they finally had the part and I took it back in.. hooray no more annoying ABS crap... well I go into ASDA one day and come out and find THIS on my car:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3193/2006091402.jpg

Sure the picture is zoomed in and in reality it is quite small but I was not happy :@... but I let it go it was ok it could have been worse...

A few days later I was driving home going round a tight bend when the one of the most hated thing on the road is comeing towards me the other way ... yes a mother, with kids in a 4 x 4.

So I slowed down like you are supposed to around these bends but this stupid person decided to come round at like 45 mph swerving on my side of the road causing me to clip my passenger front tire on the curb while she zooms off totally unaware of any trouble caused...

I get home to find a lump on my tire so take it to quick fit... I then get told the tire is going to cost me £100 plus an extra £1 on nitrogen(I think) because they no longer stock air to put in tires...

The only problem being that the tire won't be ready for two days... oh and by the way I was told the car wasn't safe to drive but I wasn't aloud to leave it there I had to drive it home :rolleyes:

For any one who cares here is the new tire that cost me £100 and if you have xray glasses you may be able to see the £1 nitrogen :@

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8012/2006091403.jpg

Inscribe
20-06-2009, 01:37 PM
That looks nice.

Metric1
20-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Well, you're lucky it was covered under warranty! With all the features and electronic components in new cars something is bound to go wrong! I am currently having a problem with my mom's 2007 S550. It says "BREAK WEAR" on the speedometer screen. I've had the brakes checked and they were fine. The MB dealer reset the code and it worked for a few days but now it's back on!

My old Honda was in pretty rough shape, but I am keeping my newer one in much better condition. I do a lot of highway driving so rock-chips are inevitable. My car needs a new windshield before it gets inspected because New York won't pass a car with a cracked windshield.

syko2006
24-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Can you tell me what the second picture is of please?
And I can't beleive they charged you £1 for Nitrogen, my local garage charge 20P just to use the air, you'd think that you falking out to buy a new tire for £100 that they'd give you a free nitrogen fill.
I can't work out what the second picture is! Lol. :)

GommeInc
25-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Can you tell me what the second picture is of please?
And I can't beleive they charged you £1 for Nitrogen, my local garage charge 20P just to use the air, you'd think that you falking out to buy a new tire for £100 that they'd give you a free nitrogen fill.
I can't work out what the second picture is! Lol. :)
Same as him, what is it? Looks like a scratch on the windscreen. Also, it might be me being dopey, but nitrogen? Wha? I thought they simply fill car types up with air?

I would say typical, German car owned by BMW, but that would be mean :P Hopefully you can get it all fixed.

Dentafrice
25-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Nitrogen? ***? Never heard of filling a tire up with that.. we just use normal air.. from an air compressor.. :P

Jordy
25-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Nitrogen? ***? Never heard of filling a tire up with that.. we just use normal air.. from an air compressor.. :PThere's many advantages to filling it up with Nitrogen but it is relatively new stuff:
http://www.whatprice.co.uk/car/nitrogen-tyre-inflation.html

Definitely worth it, even if it is a quid...

Alkaz
25-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Atleast your wheel isnt scuffed Dan!

Dentafrice
25-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Atleast your wheel isnt scuffed Dan!
I don't think it'd be just a quid to fill up my 37" tires ;P

tdi
26-06-2009, 01:15 AM
you should have just got a cooper S..

Alkaz
27-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I don't think it'd be just a quid to fill up my 37" tires ;P
That made no sense with my quote in it :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!