PDA

View Full Version : Thorpe Park - 21st June

CHA!NGANG
20-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Right, much like the other thread I am going tomorrow and was wondering how packed it will be. Probably get there for about Half 10. Bare in mind it is fathers day so might be a bit less empty but yeah, any recommendations? And anyone know if any of the rides will be closed or not?

Sunny.
20-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Yh fathers day is usually quite busy in theme parks. Never been to thorpe park but Alton Towers is quite busy. I doubt rides will be closed my friend when last week and everything was fine.

Hope you hve a good time :)

CHA!NGANG
20-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks :) I was hoping Fathers day would have the opposite effect because most kids/teens would be at home with their fathers. But I can see why it could be more busy, hm..

HighFlight
20-06-2009, 06:03 PM
You can never figure out with Thorpe Park.
But whatever you do you must buy a fast track for:
Stealth
Saw: the ride

I went about 2 months ago and last halloween(fright night, saw wasn't ridable then.), the rides were packed to the max but the queues go fast apart from them two rides.

Also buy tickets online and collect them at the advance ticket line to save about 2hours queuing.

CHA!NGANG
20-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Might take you up for the fast track idea. As for online, I have buy 1 get 1 free vouchers which you can only use there so I'm going early so don't have to que for long.

HighFlight
20-06-2009, 06:40 PM
I left mine in Dagenham at 6am, got there about 8ish and queued till 9.30 and that was only that fast because a mate of my gf's works there and let us jump.]
It works out cheaper online aswell, roughly the same as 2for1.

Callum.
20-06-2009, 06:42 PM
well you either look at it like

it's fathers day so everyones spending time with their dad

or

it's fathers day and the families been treated to a day out

fathers days not a biggie, compared to mothers day.

jackass
20-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Haha, like my thread! :P

And yeah, it's a Sunday and it's fathers day, so it WILL be very busy. :(

All rides should be open though, was when I went a couple of days ago, and I don't recommend getting fast track due to the fact it's a rip off - maybe just get the small fast track!

CHA!NGANG
20-06-2009, 06:46 PM
I hope it's the first one lol and also, HighFlight, Thorpe Park only opens at 9:30 :S But yeah, It's 7.50 more cheaper to use the vouchers than to book online, and there's 8 of us so 7.50 x 8 = £60, which is quite a lot. But thanks for the advice. I was going to book online but asked a mate, and they said when they went the most they had to wait is 30 mins.

EDIT: Hmm, I know it is Fathers Day but hopefully should be k. I was so angry because I was all set to go today, looked on BBC and it said expect rain. It's 8 and there has been no rain :@!

jackass
20-06-2009, 06:55 PM
EDIT: Hmm, I know it is Fathers Day but hopefully should be k. I was so angry because I was all set to go today, looked on BBC and it said expect rain. It's 8 and there has been no rain :@!

Never ever go on a Saturday, a Sunday is bad enough, but a Saturday is just ridiculously busy. :P

Dan2nd
20-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Me and my mate went on a day we knew it was raining and it was empty... lol

The only rides that weren't open was Tidal wave and loggers leap which I wouldn't have gone on anyway as I don't like smelling of old smelly bath water..

We queued for a max of 5 mins all day and got to go on Stealth five times in a row in the front :)

The only bad thing about it was the rain felt like millions of needles stabbing into your face on the rides other than that it was cool..

Other than getting seriously wet we had an awesome day without the massive queues :8

I wish my dad liked rides so we could take him to Thorpe park tommorow :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!