PDA

View Full Version : Strange

Jack.Lfc
21-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Ahmed acquires 60% of a leading English football club

Jun 21, 2009 - 08:30 - WAM Ras Al Khaimah, 21st June 2009 (WAM) -- Sheikh Ahmed bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Chairman of the Ras Al Khaimah Department of Customs and Seaports, has acquired 60 per cent of a leading English club of premier league Sheikh Ahmed will be the honorary chairman of the club.

More details about the deal will be announced at a press conference to be held within the few coming days.

WAM/TF
Roumers circulating for the past few days on Liverpool forums, that 'ITK's' have been saying we have been took over and this comes out today.

May not be us, but what do you think.

could be pompey.. Or anyone..

Clowgon
21-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Muhammed Seikki has won control of Manchester United in a £900M (1.74bn) Take over bid.

The Arab has secured a 70 percent stake owned by the American sports Tycoon who bought the Club In May 2005.

Mesahi ltd, acting on behalf of Muhammed, has said the American has sold his stakes for 320p a share.

Club fans have vehemently blessed Muhammed Seikki's takeover of the Club.

The bid comes five days after Muhammed Siekki partner group Ackmed and co reported a $88.5bn profit in thier Oil group firm group.

Mr Muhhamed want's to gain full control of the club and turn United into a team that will be dominate the world for years to come.

Mr Muhammed Seikki added "It is a dream come true" "It's an amazing feeling that i have taken over the biggest club in the world" Mr Seikki also added, "I plan to make United into a team that will not also be successful on the pitch but also off the pitch around the world"

It is thought he has given United a £250 Million transfer treasure chest to sign new players.

"It is important that United grow stronger every year, every season teams will have small departments that need to be replaced and make stronger"

It is thought Muhammed will fly to Manchester Monday morning to seal the deal.

Source: BBC sport/ Sky news

There's more info but just got the detailed bit.

Bloody hell.... Can't believe Glazer has sold.

Jack.Lfc
21-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Very nice

:lol:

Wootzeh
21-06-2009, 08:27 PM
There's more info but just got the detailed bit.

Bloody hell.... Can't believe Glazer has sold.
source?

Jack.Lfc
21-06-2009, 08:30 PM
He's ************.

But i heard a while ago that man u where getting tookover, but it is going to be announced in july.

Wolves
21-06-2009, 08:39 PM
whos being took over then? Liverpool or UTD?

Jack.Lfc
21-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Portsmouth - why ony 60%?
Everton - why ony 60%?
westham - why ony 60%?

Man u will be announced next month (so ive heard) - owners want to stay in some form just needs someone to invest
But i have also heard liverpool have been took over - owners want to stay in some form just needs someone to invest

:/

Clowgon
21-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Utd it's sold to Muhammed.

Jack.Lfc
21-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Thing about all clubs out the top 4, why would they only buy 60%? when they most probabaly buy the 100. Thats why i have a feeling it could be Liverpool Or United, Chelsea dont need owners and arsenal already have millionaires on board.

Edit

Thinking about it, it could also be everton

-Bill kenright loves them and doesnt want to sell 100%

Immenseman
21-06-2009, 09:58 PM
i don't see why anybody would buy united. it can't really be expanded that much more. it's the biggest club team in the world.

Jack.Lfc
21-06-2009, 09:59 PM
i don't see why anybody would buy united. it can't really be expanded that much more. it's the biggest club team in the world.

Imagine the money that comes out of it tho, shirt sales and all that. If

Immenseman
21-06-2009, 10:03 PM
yeaaaah wud be loads to buy it tho. would be cool to say u owned it though ha

Jack.Lfc
21-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Thats why its 60%....

Anyway i think its everton now..

Wolves
21-06-2009, 10:08 PM
walk into a posh dinner party; ''oh yes, i bought the football club in the world, manchester united, with the change in my back pocket."

not believing anything until it's confirmed though.

Wootzeh
21-06-2009, 10:18 PM
hes bought Stoke

http://www.mastersports.de/typo3temp/pics/59c1b4d8a9.jpg
http://www.mastersports.de/typo3temp/pics/fbbec39530.jpg

;)

Jack.Lfc
21-06-2009, 10:21 PM
The word LEADING rules stoke out.

hehe only joking

Could be anyone

Clowgon
21-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Thing about all clubs out the top 4, why would they only buy 60%? when they most probabaly buy the 100. Thats why i have a feeling it could be Liverpool Or United, Chelsea dont need owners and arsenal already have millionaires on board.

Edit

Thinking about it, it could also be everton

-Bill kenright loves them and doesnt want to sell 100%

Could be... If it was any of the top 4 Clubs it would have to be Liverpool and United because i can't see the dude who bought a massive stake in Arsenal would sell up so quickly. Roman wouldn't sell that's for sure.

Everton.. I'm sure Ken said he wasn't selling a few months ago. 6o percent aswell.... You would think that it was a big team who is worth a lot.

Jack.Lfc
21-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Could be... If it was any of the top 4 Clubs it would have to be Liverpool and United because i can't see the dude who bought a massive stake in Arsenal would sell up so quickly. Roman wouldn't sell that's for sure.

Everton.. I'm sure Ken said he wasn't selling a few months ago. 6o percent aswell.... You would think that it was a big team who is worth a lot.

Agree with you. But with the kenright issue, alot of blues hate him and want rid. He doesnt own 60% thoo.

its wierd.

Jack.Lfc
22-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Wolves name is getting thrown around now.

Rock
22-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Probs either Liverpool, Man U or Everton.

Clowgon
22-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Agree with you. But with the kenright issue, alot of blues hate him and want rid. He doesnt own 60% thoo.

its wierd.

Hmm after reading the Sun... Newcastle and Pompey look like the two most likely candidates of a reported 60 percent takeover. Mike Ashley would of wanted to sell the club fully so i don't know...

It's not Liverpool now... George Gillet has managed to get a financing deal over in American for 230 Million as their saying.. He's selling his hockey team also and Tom Hicks is selling his for an 90 Million pound/dollar profit so well done to them i suppose.

Liverpool better Transfer chest?

Wolves
22-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Indeed, Liverpool should have a bit to spend.

Can't see it being Newcastle as the statement said ''Big PREMIERSHIP club.''

Jack.Lfc
22-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Ok heres what im thinking but i may be clutching straws, but its possilbe.

The yanks could sell 30% each of there shares. Liverpools new stadium is never going to be built so the yanks have been looking for investors, the investors wont pay all of the debt therefore the yanks have to build up the funds to help as there 40% share.

Why have they just employed a new financial director to represent them?
Why did moores leave his position?

With everton, why not just buy the 100%?
Pompey have came out and denied this is them.

Wolves
22-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Jack tbh now you say it, it really does all add-up.

Jack.Lfc
22-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Oh yeh, the financial director to represent them is temporary so im told. It might not be these people in my opening post. But it looks like Liverpool could be taken over in the near future.

Wolves
22-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Unless the Yanks have made a decision to focus only on Liverpool, thus selling all their other teams, but I doubt that. :P

Jack.Lfc
22-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Liverpool FC Co-Chairmen, George Gillett and Tom Hicks, today announced the appointment of Christian Purslow as Managing Director of the Club. Christian Purslow will assume overall management of the Club until the appointment of a new Chief Executive, and will then continue as a Board Director. As Managing Director, Purslow will represent the owners and oversee all financial and operational aspects of the Club, working with Rafa Benitez on player transfers and with the Club's Group Chief Financial Officer, Philip Nash and Commercial Director, Ian Ayre on Club and commercial management.

Thats from liverpools official site, this bit stands out 'Christian Purslow will assume overall management of the Club until the appointment of a new Chief Executive' Why dont they just employ a new one straigt away? are they waiting for someone to take over then they employ there own?

Im loling at myself, all this will turn out to be nothing i bet.

Jack.Lfc
22-06-2009, 10:55 PM
'There was growing speculation in the UAE last night that the announcement may be a publicity stunt, though as the news was originally released by WAM, the official Emirates media agency, this has offered some credence to the claim'.This is in papers tomorow
Lmao

Why would they do this? they dont need publicity.

But i still belive liverpool will be taken over.

Wootzeh
22-06-2009, 10:58 PM
ITS STOKE

Wolves
22-06-2009, 10:58 PM
na wolves.

Jack.Lfc
22-06-2009, 11:01 PM
na wolves.

Not the first time ive seen them mentioned. Apaz someone on the Liverpool forums is close too him and thinks he's about to sell but i think its complete jibberish.

Saying that your bidding 7 mil for a player rnt yas? so u could already be sold :o

lmao

Wolves
22-06-2009, 11:11 PM
No need for that one! that's sly.

Brum bid £10m for some Striker no ones heard of.

Jack.Lfc
22-06-2009, 11:14 PM
No need for that one! that's sly.

Brum bid £10m for some Striker no ones heard of.

No but i have heard it. But why would morgan sell :s jsut got to the pl and *REMOVED*

Edited by :Mobile (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.

Wolves
22-06-2009, 11:16 PM
profit, he only bought us for £10 and hasn't spent hardly anything up until now.

Jack.Lfc
23-06-2009, 05:07 PM
WAM Ras Al Khaimah, Jun 23rd, 2009 (WAM): Chairman of the Ras Al Khaimah Customs and Ports Department Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saqr Al Qasimi denied media reports suggesting that he has acquired 60 percent of an unnamed leading Premier League football club.
Saqr Al Qasimi is also the chairman of the Emirates Cultural and Sports Club.
WAM/AB

Still got a feeling there is something going on at liverpool..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!