PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu but school stays open >:(

Firehorse
24-06-2009, 03:16 PM
We have 2 cases of swine flu in our school but the stupid flu board thing that deals with it recommended out school stayed open.

So much for a week off.

They said that it had already spread and closing the school wouldn't make any difference. Thats a stupid thing to say because then if its spread then there are all of the thousand people who don't have it can still catch it then.

And whats more there are large amounts of people suffering from flu like symptoms even before they mentioned there was flu at our school.

They really think that schooling is more important than having a chance of becoming ill and just missing more school anyway.

efq
24-06-2009, 03:29 PM
You need 3 confirmed cases before a school HAS to be closed.

BeanEgg
24-06-2009, 03:49 PM
We have had 2 cases at UCS, but we haven't closed, as above post said you probably need to have 3 cases.

Firehorse
24-06-2009, 03:56 PM
We have 2 officially although since then apparently there has been a third but the school are keeping it quiet cos they want to stay open.

efq
24-06-2009, 04:26 PM
No matter what the school do or say. Only the Health Protection Agency has the say over what to do.

Jordan3606
24-06-2009, 04:50 PM
My school shut after 1 confirmed case :/ But then again, loads of people were falling ill, it was a little suspicious.

23 confirmed cases at my school now, and I'm one of them o-0

Firehorse
24-06-2009, 09:44 PM
My school shut after 1 confirmed case :/ But then again, loads of people were falling ill, it was a little suspicious.

23 confirmed cases at my school now, and I'm one of them o-0

Get well soon :(

Rozi
29-06-2009, 09:46 PM
In my friends school there was around 20 suspected cases and about 3-4 confirmed cases and it wasn't shut.

Chippiewill
29-06-2009, 11:20 PM
:P, my entire City hasn't had an outbreak yet, you guys are so lucky getting it over with early before the flu season, like chicken pox :P

Sad3k..
30-06-2009, 07:50 PM
My shool has 10 confirmed cses 3 children and 7 teachers

clsses are half emoty now so muh ppl are scred 2 come in

DeejayMachoo$
01-07-2009, 11:45 AM
when swine flu was first heard of all it took was one case in the town next door and all of them were closed...

The Professor
01-07-2009, 12:49 PM
We have an outbreak at Nottingham University and its spread to a private school just down the road from us, we haven't got it yet but its only a matter of time! That school hasn't closed though, it sounds like theyve given up on closing them

Jordy
01-07-2009, 08:36 PM
We have an outbreak at Nottingham University and its spread to a private school just down the road from us, we haven't got it yet but its only a matter of time! That school hasn't closed though, it sounds like theyve given up on closing themI know the school you're on about, a few days ago it had 5 confirmed cases and I imagine it's grown since then, I thought they'd close it if it had that many but oh well :P

No one at my school yet but there's quite a lot of rumours going around with people who 'might' have it, I'm dreading the uproar they'll be when someone's confirmed.

e5
01-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Just get ur mum to refuse to send you to school.

Sad3k..
02-07-2009, 08:45 AM
with us it got relased last thursday tht there were 2 confirmed cases and since then no news, yesterday students found news about the school on the councils main website which has confirmed 16 cases, 7 being teachers 2 who teach me, and 150 suspected cases, they also mentiond 200 hildrens parents called in saying they will not send their children to school beuse of the outbreak.

Parents went mad yesterday as some are sending their children to school beleiveing tht there is only 2 cases confirmed. the school is looking like its going to shut soon, but our school is on the edge as we have had so much closures during the year for gas leaks, too cold to stay in the school, floodings an ofcourse snow ays. So yet they are trying to keep it open for as along as possible.

Jordy
03-07-2009, 05:37 PM
with us it got relased last thursday tht there were 2 confirmed cases and since then no news, yesterday students found news about the school on the councils main website which has confirmed 16 cases, 7 being teachers 2 who teach me, and 150 suspected cases, they also mentiond 200 hildrens parents called in saying they will not send their children to school beuse of the outbreak.

Parents went mad yesterday as some are sending their children to school beleiveing tht there is only 2 cases confirmed. the school is looking like its going to shut soon, but our school is on the edge as we have had so much closures during the year for gas leaks, too cold to stay in the school, floodings an ofcourse snow ays. So yet they are trying to keep it open for as along as possible.Nah schools will no longer be shut, the government has changed it's position as it's no longer trying to the contain the flu it won't take precautions such as shutting schools.

Sad3k..
04-07-2009, 08:20 PM
we now hav 25cases 7 confirmed teachers

which 2 teach me

they sed on the website we will not close the school now and if it is decide tex messages will be sent out, but los of people bunk of now and they allow it

Biskitmonsterrs
05-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Some guy in yr 8 at our school got it, then three more people, and then the lovely health authority decided to close it! Two weeks off for me :D I deffo ain't complaining :rolleyes:

Nli.
09-07-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm currently living in the (or one of) the worst effected areas in the UK the lovely West Midlands. Today we had letters confirming that our school has got a few cases of swine flu but were being left open.

I've been given this file http://www.scribd.com/doc/17237808/Heads-Swine-Flu-29-June-2009 it's about what they will look for before they shut the school. (I'm aware that this is a local council document, but I'm sure that it's the same for most places)

Kardan
09-07-2009, 07:56 PM
My college has Swine Flu but is open - well, for tomorrow since everyone breaks up tomorrow. I've been off since May though, so I'm not that bothered - except my college is at the end of my road.

Rixion
10-07-2009, 04:39 PM
No cases at all my school :O

William93
16-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I dont understand why people seem happy that their school have it.

My mum hasn't been well for the past 2 years with bowel cancer, so if swine flu reaches my house then things can be dangerous. I'm certainly not cheerful about it, unlike some.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!