PDA

View Full Version : United sign Owen

luce
04-07-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't think there is a thread about it i have looked so yeah what do you think becuase it's on a pay as you play contract i think we will get all that we can out of him so yeah i'm pretty happy :)

Thread closed by invincible (Forum Moderator) as it's become just a little off topic & is only going to result in people getting into trouble.

Immenseman
04-07-2009, 01:04 PM
It's in the transfer news thread but it's a big deal so it probably deserves its own thread anyway. He's still a goal scorer and will hopefully get more with the quality around him. He wasn't great at Newcastle but yet he still managed to score 10 goals last season. Sure it isn't loads but he was injured for a lot of it and Newcastle don't have the creative players United do. Last season I think that's what United needed, a clinical finisher. If he can stay fit, that's exactly what Owen is.

Wootzeh
04-07-2009, 01:31 PM
it's not a big deal

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=581407&page=13

Jack.Lfc
04-07-2009, 01:37 PM
it's not a big deal

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=581407&page=13

It is a big deal, your forgetting its manchester united, signing a fishished player.

Jack.Lfc
04-07-2009, 01:56 PM
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/852/oweng468x689.jpg

Immenseman
04-07-2009, 01:57 PM
20 goals this season i reckon xox

Jack.Lfc
04-07-2009, 02:15 PM
He's never scored 20 goals in one season in the league in his career.

Immenseman
04-07-2009, 02:16 PM
he's in his prime years

Jack.Lfc
04-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh christ, i;d hate to see his none prime years.

Immenseman
04-07-2009, 02:28 PM
lmaooo, nah we'll see how he does then judge him yeah

Jack.Lfc
04-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Fair enough, hope he breaks a leg tho.

Andeeh
04-07-2009, 03:42 PM
rather man u than us, its good for a free transfer but he is well past his best ever since he went to Newcastle.

So yea man u will be lucky if he gets 10 this season due to his injury frequencies

Immenseman
04-07-2009, 03:57 PM
owen did well to point out he's played 30+ games for newcastle last year and the year before and that's without a long cup run or european games...

Jack.Lfc
04-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Man u still need another striker.

Tristan
04-07-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't see why we don't try for Luis Fabiano.
Shown good form and finished Top Goalscorer in the Confed.'s.
Milan are offering for him and he's not going to go for a large sum, I don't see why we don't at least try to sign him.

Common
04-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Maybe his going to feel more comfortable in a more controlled team?

CHA!NGANG
04-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Because, if United are going to buy a new striker for a bit of money they want youth, not old players and Luis Fabiano is the same age as Owen, maybe a bit younger. I think they should go for Adriano. He used to be a top talent, but then got out of form but I think United can bring him back into form.

brandon
04-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Because, if United are going to buy a new striker for a bit of money they want youth, not old players and Luis Fabiano is the same age as Owen, maybe a bit younger. I think they should go for Adriano. He used to be a top talent, but then got out of form but I think United can bring him back into form.
Adriano has not long signed for Flamengo, I think he missed Brazil.

CHA!NGANG
04-07-2009, 06:02 PM
He signed a 1 year contract with them for free. I'm not sure about contract's, if you sign with a club on a free, can you leave the club the same year, or do you have to wait a year? If you do have to wait, then they can just buy him next season after his done with flamengo on a free. I defo think he is a good talent, but he's just very lazy but I'm sure Sir Alex can get him into shape.

Geraint
04-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Oh well, not point in David Villa, he's nearly 28. Must be well past it.

CHA!NGANG
04-07-2009, 06:38 PM
United haven't been going for Villa have they? I'm not saying Fabiano isn't a good player, because he is, and he would be an ideal buy for some clubs but I think United are looking for someone a bit younger, hence why they wanted Benzema.

Andeeh
04-07-2009, 07:30 PM
United haven't been going for Villa have they? I'm not saying Fabiano isn't a good player, because he is, and he would be an ideal buy for some clubs but I think United are looking for someone a bit younger, hence why they wanted Benzema.
i really rate fabiano too. he is brilliant at sevilla especially with kanoute when ive seen him on sky sports.

tbh i dont think Owen will do well at United.

Jack.Lfc
04-07-2009, 07:49 PM
If he stays fit he will do well, however im glad they got him.

Id much rather them have him than benzema etc

-Heart
04-07-2009, 09:50 PM
http://img.skysports.com/09/07/800x600/Michael-Owen-Signs-Manchester-United-Scarf_2325386.jpg
Man I laughed so hard when I saw this picture I practically **** myself.

Tristan
05-07-2009, 09:56 AM

Adriano was homesick and didn't like it in Europe (alike to Fred).

Adriano is 27, Luis Fabiano 28 & Michael Owen 29.

CHA!NGANG
05-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Ahh ok. I didn't realise he was as old as Fabiano, fair dues. It's a shame he got homesick, he was a good player when he was on form and had a great left foot. Anyway, I don't think Man U will buy a new striker actually as they already have 3 good ones and then Owen.

-Heart
05-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Ahh ok. I didn't realise he was as old as Fabiano, fair dues. It's a shame he got homesick, he was a good player when he was on form and had a great left foot. Anyway, I don't think Man U will buy a new striker actually as they already have 3 good ones and then Owen.
3 good ones :S?

Rooney, and maybe Welbeck or Macheda?

CHA!NGANG
05-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Rooney, Berbatov (When he's on form) and Macheda, and I guess Valencia can play either Mid or Striker I think but I don't know much about him.

Skajo
05-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Worst signing since, well, Berbatov.

Christ Ferguson isn't a God in the transfer market like Mr.Bruce.

Steprelk
05-07-2009, 01:23 PM

How can you say it's the worst signing since Berbatov when Berbatov was a good signing and Owen hasn't played one game for United yet? :rolleyes:

Sir Alex is great when it comes to transfers, yes he has had his bad ones but hasn't every manager? Cantona, Solksjaer, RVN, Ronaldo, Anderson, Rooney, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Stam, Irwin, Keane, Sherringham..... I could go on for ages...

Andeeh
05-07-2009, 01:48 PM
http://img.skysports.com/09/07/800x600/Michael-Owen-Signs-Manchester-United-Scarf_2325386.jpg
Man I laughed so hard when I saw this picture I practically **** myself.
hahahaha he looks about 10

Jack.Lfc
05-07-2009, 02:47 PM
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/8744/owenscopy.jpg

Browney
05-07-2009, 05:27 PM

Bruce :eusa_danc

And tbh I don't get why United fans are crying. They got what they needed, an alright back up striker. When hes fit he gets 15 in 30 which is nice reading and you were never gonna buy Benzema to sit on the bench every 1 in 3 matches and you were never going to get Rooney dropped, hes United's talisman and Berbatov was 30mil of arrogant trash to be wasted sat on the bench. Owen was free, will probably be an impact sub and will do his understudy job. It can only be good for England too. So stop stressing.

CJW93
05-07-2009, 10:41 PM
At first I thought it was a joke but he sounds keen to do well and be a first team regualr in his ssn interview. hopefully he does well for them

Skajo
06-07-2009, 07:04 AM
How can you say it's the worst signing since Berbatov when Berbatov was a good signing and Owen hasn't played one game for United yet? :rolleyes:

Sir Alex is great when it comes to transfers, yes he has had his bad ones but hasn't every manager? Cantona, Solksjaer, RVN, Ronaldo, Anderson, Rooney, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Stam, Irwin, Keane, Sherringham..... I could go on for ages...
Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Nani, Berbatov, Forlan, Bellion, Darren Ferguson LOL, Dong Fangzhou, Twig Legs Blanc, Worth the stupid fee Veron, Richardson, Fortune, Bosnich, ... I could go on for ages...

leah
06-07-2009, 05:08 PM
He's well past it, all that Owens ever had going for him was great speed which aided him to score many goals while he was at Liverpool. As he's now older he's getting slower, he went down hill at Newcastle and he isn't going to be good at MU.

Geraint
06-07-2009, 05:24 PM
He's well past it, all that Owens ever had going for him was great speed which aided him to score many goals while he was at Liverpool. As he's now older he's getting slower, he went down hill at Newcastle and he isn't going to be good at MU.

Owen's attribute isn't speed, it's his in the box instinct. A top class finisher who's in the right place at the right time.

Browney
06-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Owen's attribute isn't speed, it's his in the box instinct. A top class finisher who's in the right place at the right time.

And flame me if I'm wrong but isn't that what United need?

Immenseman
06-07-2009, 08:30 PM
sure is. i'm sure we'll all agree they dominate a lot of games they just need someone who can stick it in the back of the net, someone with the instinctive touch. owen has proven he's had that in previous years, it's a skill you don't lose. whether he will stay fit and apply it in a united shirt is yet to be seen.

Janczyk
06-07-2009, 08:46 PM
sure is. i'm sure we'll all agree they dominate a lot of games they just need someone who can stick it in the back of the net, someone with the instinctive touch. owen has proven he's had that in previous years, it's a skill you don't lose. whether he will stay fit and apply it in a united shirt is yet to be seen.

The burning question is, why does Ferguson play Rooney in a winger role? Rooney is a top class finisher - he's proved that. Why waste that talent? Berbatov is a waste of wages and stupid transfer free. Torres was £12 less and did more in his first season than Berbatov will do in his entire career at United. A couple of fantastic touches a season doesn't justify his position imo.

Jack.Lfc
06-07-2009, 09:00 PM
The burning question is, why does Ferguson play Rooney in a winger role? Rooney is a top class finisher - he's proved that. Why waste that talent? Berbatov is a waste of wages and stupid transfer free. Torres was £12 less and did more in his first season than Berbatov will do in his entire career at United. A couple of fantastic touches a season doesn't justify his position imo.
million not £ ;) :)

Janczyk
06-07-2009, 09:20 PM
million not £ ;) :)

Obviously ;)

Jack.Lfc
06-07-2009, 09:22 PM
I'd turn gay for torres.

Geraint
06-07-2009, 09:27 PM
I'd turn gay for torres.

I'll have his missus then, she doesn't look too bad from the last time I saw her. Hope she hasn't changed.

Janczyk
06-07-2009, 09:29 PM
I'd turn gay for torres.

First sign of a problem is addmitance.

Jack.Lfc
06-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I'll have his missus then, she doesn't look too bad from the last time I saw her. Hope she hasn't changed.

Aw its ded cute, he's been with her since he was young. They got married in private and didnt spend loads aswell how nice.

leah
06-07-2009, 10:23 PM
TORRES IS MARRIED?
i'm heartbroken :'(

Steprelk
06-07-2009, 10:27 PM
The selling of Ronaldo will give Rooney more freedom and make him a better played. Rooney won't be on the left wing this season.

LuketheDuke
06-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Me too:(

luce
07-07-2009, 06:47 AM

He's free, and on a pay as you play basis so we're not wasting money like Newcastle did. I don't care if he scores 1 or 20 goals this season becuase United never claimed he was there to replace Ronaldo everyone is just making asumptions that he is going to start every game!

Basically we've picked up Owen for free and will keep him for free until he plays so if he's injured we don't suffer he does.

I'm sure we will also by a good stirker or midfield to play game in game out.

Clowgon
07-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Aw its ded cute, he's been with her since he was young. They got married in private and didnt spend loads aswell how nice.

Torres in his days at Atletico Madrid looked amazingly hawt...

But since he's moved to England.. I don't know, not as nice as how he was before. :(

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/dave-imperator/atletico-de-madrid-ft7.jpg

Ahhh Torres.....

-Heart
07-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Torres in his days at Atletico Madrid looked amazingly hawt...

But since he's moved to England.. I don't know, not as nice as how he was before. :(

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/dave-imperator/atletico-de-madrid-ft7.jpg

Ahhh Torres.....
Sorry - am I missing something here?

luce
07-07-2009, 05:20 PM
owen is gona b a boss signin 4 us. u get me? ye e mite get injurd but vidic wil kil hu eva injures him. owen is gona b boss 4 us.

excuse me? there is nothing to be gained from that post so why post it

Clowgon
07-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Sorry - am I missing something here?

No not really...

excuse me? there is nothing to be gained from that post so why post it

LOOL. :)

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not make pointless posts Thanks.

-Heart
07-07-2009, 07:52 PM
No not really...

Since when were you gay :S?

Edited by :Mobile (Forum Moderator): Please avoid posting off topic.

Andeeh
07-07-2009, 07:57 PM
owen is gona b a boss signin 4 us. u get me? ye e mite get injurd but vidic wil kil hu eva injures him. owen is gona b boss 4 us.
yea cause vidic and owen are best pals.

Geraint
07-07-2009, 10:29 PM

oh come on, let's admit it, who laughed?

I did.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

-Heart
08-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Since when were you gay :S?

Edited by :Mobile (Forum Moderator): Please avoid posting off topic.

No not really...

How is Clowngon's post NOT off topic also?

He never gets warnings or infractions on here.. it's ridiculous.

Clowgon
08-07-2009, 06:27 PM
How is Clowngon's post NOT off topic also?

He never gets warnings or infractions on here.. it's ridiculous.

Infractions: 4/4 (4)

What are you on about lol? I get infractions warnings, the lot all the time.... I'm treated no different to anyone else....

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!