PDA

View Full Version : 7 in one car player

GoldenMerc
07-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Well im wanting something similar to this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220447482471&viewitem=&mfe=sidebar&rvr_id=&salenotsupported
exept with no dvd player, and maybe half the price :P
Does anyone have recommendations?
Ross

tdi
07-07-2009, 11:40 PM
I have a double DIN entertainment system in my car, I had the Kenwood DDX-6029 in my last car, it was a good entry-level headunit (I paid 400 quid for it) but the graphics weren't amazing and it only really played DVD, radio & CD. You could buy upgrades but it wasn't worth it. In my new car I upgraded to the Pioneer AVIC-F900BT which has everything (DVD, CD, Bluetooth, iPod, Garmin satnav, radio, reverse camera, SD, USB, MP3 etc etc). I did pay quite a bit for it but it's well worth it. Graphics are amazing, sound quality is amazing, it's really advanced and has loads of features. It's also Windows CE based so it's got a big modding base.

I know you're after something quite cheap like that, but to be honest with you it'll be crap. The touch screen won't be very responsive, it will fell tacky and plasticy, there won't be a good customer support base and I'd be wary about how safe it would be.. It's just chinese crap and it could overheat, due to it being poorly made on a budget.

If I were you I'd save up a bit and get an entry-level known brand headunit, you'll pay about 400 quid but it'll be worth it. You'll probably get a year's warranty and you'll have good customer support.

GoldenMerc
08-07-2009, 12:43 AM
But all i really want is CD, bluetooth and gps and maybe reverse camera ?

GoldenMerc
08-07-2009, 01:29 AM
I took your words into consideration and had a look around and relised do i really need a screen, i only need a bluetooth device thing.
so i found this;
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_50 4659_langId_-1_categoryId_165696
my mate has one he will sell for 75 so what do you think?
Ross

Ramones
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about having 7 people in a car, i thought i'd contribute by saying i've had 8 people in my 5 seat corsa, epic.

tdi
08-07-2009, 10:42 PM
blaupunkt one looks alright.. if it's got everything you want, go for it!

and I had 6 people in my 5 seat golf, resulted in a broken sump & oil pump gasket. :(

GoldenMerc
08-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Well ye it pretty much is :P just woulnt mind it having sat nav but i suppose i have a tom tom and a sony one (both parents but they dont use them)

QCumber
15-07-2009, 12:30 PM
ive got a double din thing that i payed £350 for its got dvd, bluetooth, usb, ipod, satnav everything. Worst mistake ever buying it off ebay, even tho it was from the uk its a nitemare. I gave up with it in the end, dont even use the thing only the bluetooth on it and in the end i ended up buying a tomtom aswel. The novelty wears off i want that £350 back!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!