PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu

RHYz
09-07-2009, 09:23 PM
There has been 2 cases of swine flu at are school, but they wont close the school. Here is the letter they sent out:

Dear Parents/Carers 9th July 2009

I am writing to let you know that the school has had two confirmed cases of swine flu. As you will be aware the virus is circulating within the wider community but,for the overwhelming majority of people, symptoms appear to be mild. I have taken advice from the local authority and from the Health Protection Agency. The advice is that there is no need to keep your child of school unless she or he develop flu like symptoms consult your GP and inform us here at the school. The authority has also provided basic advise on working to prevent the spread of the virus by doing the following:

Wasing you hands frequently with soap and water to reduce the spread of the virus from your hands to face or to othere people.

Cleaning hard surfaces (e.g. door handles) frequently using a normal cleaning product.
Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, using a tissue when possible.
Disposing of dirty tissues promptly and carefully.
Making sure children follow this advice.

Please note that you can call NHS direct on 0845 4647 or contact your GP if you require medical assistance.

If you feel your child is at particular rick because they are , for whatever reason, more vulnerable to infection, then please contact your GP for advice and contact the school.

*REMOVED*

What do you think?

Edited by :Mobile (Forum Moderator): Thread moved from Discuss Anything to Education, it's better suited here.
Edited by invincible (Forum Moderator): Please do not post personal details.

-Heart
09-07-2009, 09:27 PM
There has been 2 cases of swine flu at are school, but they wont close the school. Here is the letter they sent out:

Dear Parents/Carers 9th July 2009

I am writing to let you know that the school has had two confirmed cases of swine flu. As you will be aware the virus is circulating within the wider community but,for the overwhelming majority of people, symptoms appear to be mild. I have taken advice from the local authority and from the Health Protection Agency. The advice is that there is no need to keep your child of school unless she or he develop flu like symptoms consult your GP and inform us here at the school. The authority has also provided basic advise on working to prevent the spread of the virus by doing the following:

Wasing you hands frequently with soap and water to reduce the spread of the virus from your hands to face or to othere people.

Cleaning hard surfaces (e.g. door handles) frequently using a normal cleaning product.
Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, using a tissue when possible.
Disposing of dirty tissues promptly and carefully.
Making sure children follow this advice.

Please note that you can call NHS direct on 0845 4647 or contact your GP if you require medical assistance.

If you feel your child is at particular rick because they are , for whatever reason, more vulnerable to infection, then please contact your GP for advice and contact the school.

*REMOVED*

What do you think?
Same with our school. They aren't closing the schools now so that if people get it we can build up an immune system to it. Before it would of taken 3 cases to close the school, but I doubt many, if any schools will close now.

Fifteen
09-07-2009, 09:33 PM
For the Attention of All Students and Parents

Information relating to swine flu.

The A/HINI influenza virus (swine flu) is the term being used to describe a respiratory illness which has been reported in parts of Mexico and which is now being reported from other countries in the world including the UK. The main symptoms of the swine flu are sudden onset of fever, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties. Other symptoms can included headache, sore throat, tiredness, aching muscles, chills, sneezing, runny nose or loss of appetite. If during this period a student develops a feverish illness accompanied by one or more of cough, sore throat, headache and muscle aches, then the student or parent/carer should contact their GP or seek advice from NHS Direct (0845 4647).

The College will closely monitor advice from the Government and relevant health agencies and organisations in relation to the management of the College in the event of a swine flu pandemic.

Students and staff who are well, will be expected to attend college as usual during the period of any pandemic unless advised otherwise.

We have received notification that one of our students has been prescribed anti-viral medication by their GP as a precaution, and the student has been advised to stay at home. In line with advice from the government the College will be staying open and operating as normal. Any changes to this practice will be notified via college email and on the College website

Oh well, only have 3 days of college left.

Wahey
09-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Too close to the holidays and they can't control other people getting it anymore so no point in closure

RHYz
10-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Byron
10-07-2009, 02:38 PM
my school = same but only 1 reported case

Salute
15-07-2009, 01:54 PM
I don't see why everyone is worried about it. If I get it, I don't care if I die from it. I will only feel it for a bit.

Shadowz
15-07-2009, 04:13 PM
My school has 2 cases aswell.

Aren't closing.

No point, we break up in a few days.

Nxrissa
15-07-2009, 06:27 PM
the person who i used to fancy might have swine flu. lol
damn it i wish it was mid year :(

Pyroka
15-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I think our college got swine flu on the last day of term haha, thank god we left :D

William93
16-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I agree with the above 10 posts.

wickedcandy
17-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Swine flu has started to spread alot now, it's worrying. I think because like there is hayfever around; they're scared if they have some of the symptoms of swine flu which is infact hayfever.

Catchy
17-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Why should they need to close the school? :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!