PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Flintoff to stop Test Cricket after ashes

Andeeh
15-07-2009, 02:42 PM
England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff has announced he will retire from Test cricket at the end of the current Ashes series against Australia. The hero of England's victorious 2005 Ashes campaign has fought a constant battle against injuries and will now concentrate on one-day cricket.
The 31-year-old is currently fighting to be fit for the second Test at Lord's because of a knee problem.
Flintoff said: "My body has told me it's time to stop."
The latest knee injury flared up after the drawn first Test against Australia in Cardiff and Flintoff explained: "It's been something I've been thinking about for a while and I think this last problem I've had with my knee has confirmed to me that the time is now right.
"I've been through four ankle operations, I had knee surgery just a couple of months ago and had three jabs in my knee on Monday, just to get me right for this Test, so I took that as my body telling me that I can't cope with the rigours of Test cricket.
"For the next four Test matches I'll do everything I need to do to get on a cricket field and I'm desperate to make my mark."

its sad news but he was very injury prone :(

Smiddy
15-07-2009, 11:46 PM
It was expected, to be honest. It's not all bad news, because England seem to step-up when they don't need to rely on him.
Funny how this has come about after his IPL career started though.. Potential for a Money VS Country there.

Tintinnabulate
16-07-2009, 07:34 AM
He never behaves anyway, thinks he is better than the rest. Instead of him resigning from ODI and T20 in the future, they should just drop him.

Skajo
16-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Good. Now we won't have to rely on him, not that we could anyway.

Tash.
16-07-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't think so, I just think that his body is making it impossible for him to bowl unlimited overs so he has to quit test cricket. It probably is partially about the money he can get in the IPL but not completely.

Tintinnabulate
16-07-2009, 03:19 PM
It is about the money he can get in the IPL. Glad you agree idiot.

Andeeh
16-07-2009, 05:03 PM
he was still a terrific test player especially in 2005 and i think he is a great person.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!