PDA

View Full Version : Lord Of The Flies.

Wayne
18-07-2005, 03:50 PM
I was just wandering, for all you people in Year 9, who are in the top group for english, have you read the book The Lord Of The Flies?

We have, and it's really boring. We have to do an essay about it, including 4 sections from all the chapters, and we've had 1 week and a few days..
Anyone doing this now / have done it ?

[ For you people who don't know what The Lord Of The Flies is, it's a novel written by William Golding, and it's about a plane that crashes on an island, and the survivors, who are all boys, at the ages of 12-14, in the year 1950-1955. The novel tells you how the boys try and survive, and... well, I'm actually bored telling you what happens ;) ]

IMPORTANT!
DO NOT PURCHASE OR PLAN ON READING THIS NOVEL

xJoeYx
20-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Good advice, its terrible, its also a gcse text, its so boring, fortunetly i wont ever have to read it again ! :D

Thrilled
21-07-2005, 12:21 AM
I saw the video a while back, think it was year 9...yeah it was. I found the video pretty entertaining to be honest. Thought it had a great storyline. We had the option to read it as a Gcse text, but we chose Steinbeck's (sp?)"Of Mice and Men" which was a great read. We also saw the video.
Back to the flies, the part I found most distinctive when I remember the video, is the bit where the kid is killed after being mistaken for a monster. Not very nice.
If you need help, BBC bitesize is good for essays. I got most of the info for my Gcse coursework off their instead of reading the text.

Glitzing
21-07-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm in year 10 at the moment but going into year 11 and we have been studying 'Lord Of The Flies' for a couple of months now. I actually don't think the book is that bad, i actually enjoyed reading it. I have just completed my coursework on Lord Of The Flies and i flew through it because i knew about the book and i enjoyed reading it.

Jashmine
21-07-2005, 09:01 AM
I had it read to me little by little when I was urm... 7?
I don't remember it xD
We never had to read it for school... I might go borrow it in my own spare time xD

Mit
21-07-2005, 09:50 AM
i didnt think the book was that boring, as i read it out of my own accord. I think if u see how it relates to politics at the time it mite be a bit more interesting. :)

PS Mice and Men was also a gr8 book :)

GommeInc
21-07-2005, 01:08 PM
I didnt get Lord of the Flies, I would of but strangely didnt. All the other previous years that were in my year did. I had to read Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men.

Glitzing
21-07-2005, 02:19 PM
In Yr 10 - We have had a lot of Coursework Assignments to complete. They started off quite easy but as the year progressed they have became harder and harder. I have completed:

The Hound Of The Baskervilles
Romeo + Juliet
Saving Private Ryan
An Inspector Calls
Lord Of The Flies

I actually enjoyed doing all of them apart from 'The Hound Of The Baskervilles' which i absolutely HHAAAATTTEEEEDD. I am just glad that all my Coursework Assignments are out of the way and complete.

Thrilled
21-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Omg, Hound of the Baskervilles, that was so boring. The video was alright but never read the book, should of really.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!