PDA

View Full Version : Summer Term set back to November [MAYBE/Confident :P]

efq
21-07-2009, 06:03 PM
My Dad works for Cambridgeshire County Council (Management) and he said they were discussing the education and they said the chances are high that they will set the Summer Term back to November to reduce the spreading withing the Country.

Glad my Dad works there but he said don't go telling anyone yet until we know.

Lol, shouldn't of posted but I thought wow.

lick
21-07-2009, 06:04 PM
I want this thing to come to my country so i can get off school more

efq
21-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Lol don't go saying stuff because he told me not to say but they are having meetings everyday and they are constantly reviewing the amount of cases within the county, with temperatures, risks and percentages etc.

Rixion
21-07-2009, 06:16 PM
OOh I really hope so, but some of my GCSE's will be postponed. D:

cocaine
21-07-2009, 06:19 PM
they just said on channel 4 news that "the government have effectively rejected a suggestion 'school closures could slow the spread'"

&

Ministers have said they are not not convinced of the benefits of closing schools this autumn despite Imperial College London scientists saying such a move could help slow the spread of cases and buy more time for a vaccine.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8161680.stm

Meanies
21-07-2009, 06:20 PM
They just said on channel 4 news that they won't open later because it'll cost too much tot he economy or something

efq
21-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Lol they say that and thats what my Dad said. They are not to make any decisions until next month. If the WHO come out and say Schools need to be closed, schools will be closed.

AgnesIO
21-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Lol don't go saying stuff because he told me not to say but they are having meetings everyday and they are constantly reviewing the amount of cases within the county, with temperatures, risks and percentages etc.

Great thing to do on this forum :D

Would be nice, but I cannot see it happening :(

And knowing the Labour idiots they will make us go to school during the next summer holidays or something :eusa_wall:D

efq
21-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Well our council have said they are reviewing things and the chances are we will put it at November. This giving parents an earlier warning to organise parental issues such as getting careers for children.

They will make the decision next month.

Immenseman
21-07-2009, 06:55 PM
lol it sounds good and yeah sure i wouldn't be complaining. in my opinion, it won't be done because think about exams and stuff. i sit exams in january i can't if i miss two months they will have to be postponed and so will the ones in may/june, it'll be chaos. every student from the ages like 15-21 will have to have exams delayed which will just be so much mess and what not. sounds cool until you think about it. i don't really want to go to college through the summer of next year and finish in like september when all the hot weather has gone lol (when we get any).

Hazza
21-07-2009, 07:02 PM
If this happens surely the whole year will be set back 2 months for everyone? So GCSEs will start in July instead of May?!

I don't want this to happen, because i'm starting college and i've been off for nearly 3 months already - its looooong.

efq
21-07-2009, 07:04 PM
And anyway if they set it back longer, they will be distributing work weekly and there will be no excuses.

efq
22-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Lol Cambridgeshire has prepared systems for some able businesses IF they have to close. My mum works for this biologist journal thing and there system is ready so they can do work from home and advice posters distributed to all businesses and schools that must be placed in computer rooms, above doors, toilets etc and all cloth towels are to be removed from public toilets included business toilets and water and either hot air blown or infrared heaters.

GommeInc
24-07-2009, 01:11 AM
Would be pointless, it's just as likely, if not more likely, to spread. Children are running around in public, while in classrooms they're locked up only effecting a small amount of people. I don't understand their logic :/

-Heart
24-07-2009, 01:14 AM
This won't happen. It would be stupid and pointless to shut the schools. It just won't happen, trust me.

efq
24-07-2009, 09:06 AM
After yesterdays statistics were released they are more on the verge of closing the schools. Schools are the biggest key in the spread of the virus.

efq
24-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Schools would be responsible for a big surge if they continue to stay opening during the Autumn/end of period. Fr a big surge of deaths that are predicted would be blamed by schools for deliberately spreading the virus's.

Pazza
24-07-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't see why people are looking forward to this, we'll have to make the time up again, although some GCSE's are postponed so I sppose it's more time to revise =]

e5
24-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Your dad really can't trust you eh? :P
haha, good job i don't go telling everyone everything my dad tells me ;'D there would be alot of trouble.

haha i want all schools in leeds to be shut down. but having like all that time of issssss so much :L

We'd be breaking up for christmas aswell shortly after we went back lmao.

Would be pointless, it's just as likely, if not more likely, to spread. Children are running around in public, while in classrooms they're locked up only effecting a small amount of people. I don't understand their logic :/

They'd advise us to stay in lol. I'm sure alot of parents would listen if they're worried about their kids getting it. Personally i'm not that worried, but the more time off school, the better xD.

efq
24-07-2009, 11:43 AM
The reason it's set back to November is because schools have a long October break so it isn't as bad as it seems and gives the virus to settle down about. Although theres no stopping it surging again when they go back in November but it won't be as bad. God, imaging most of Brits sick for Christmas :O

syko2006
24-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Lol, ''don't go telling anyone'' but yet you announce it on a forum with members accross the country.

efq
24-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah but only 1 or 2 I know are from Cambridge and I doubt they'll read this.

Immenseman
24-07-2009, 04:21 PM
there are too many implications for it to happen when swine flu is hardly killing people left right and centre.

efq
24-07-2009, 04:29 PM
we haven't reached autumn yet :'( its like awaiting death. Imagine if it mutated into something like the black plague. How cool?

Jord
24-07-2009, 07:40 PM
O hope there closed :D

GommeInc
24-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Schools would be responsible for a big surge if they continue to stay opening during the Autumn/end of period. Fr a big surge of deaths that are predicted would be blamed by schools for deliberately spreading the virus's.
Now the blame can be spread to everyone "stupid" enough to walk around in a public space without a mask. Oh and yes, the parents who haven't locked away their children. My God, I never knew schools were the only facilities to group together large groups of people :O! All those empty buildings in London and other towns, villages and cities that are missing something... Hmmm, I wonder what it is... Oh yes, hundreds of thousands of workers sitting in rooms surrounded by many others typing away in huge office blockers with other people :rolleyes:

Yes, that's sarcasm. Schools are not the only thing to blame the spread of the virus isn't down to just schools. Offices, hospitals and every where else that has large groups of people congregate should be closed too, using yet more braindead rubbish logic. Seriously, what imbesiles came up with that brain dead logic?

Jordan:A
24-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Cool, another god knows how long off :D
Idc about getting it really, I go to spain in 11 days so i'll probably get it from there, hopefully they clean the pool xD

efq
24-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Now the blame can be spread to everyone "stupid" enough to walk around in a public space without a mask. Oh and yes, the parents who haven't locked away their children. My God, I never knew schools were the only facilities to group together large groups of people :O! All those empty buildings in London and other towns, villages and cities that are missing something... Hmmm, I wonder what it is... Oh yes, hundreds of thousands of workers sitting in rooms surrounded by many others typing away in huge office blockers with other people :rolleyes:

Yes, that's sarcasm. Schools are not the only thing to blame the spread of the virus isn't down to just schools. Offices, hospitals and every where else that has large groups of people congregate should be closed too, using yet more braindead rubbish logic. Seriously, what imbesiles came up with that brain dead logic?
No but from statistics, the top scientists have said that the percentage of spreading risk is by schools.

GommeInc
25-07-2009, 11:20 AM
And as everyone has learnt from scientists with this flu, that they're stupid and know this flu is unpredictable :/ There are more people out there working OR in homes as with the elderly OR in hospitals than there are children in schools. Are these scientists just stupid? I am beginning to wonder...

today
25-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Bloody hell, its only killing like 1%? if that.. Seriously, just send the bratty children back to school i cant be doing with them!!!

Plank
25-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Like the government had said, I highly doubt schools will be closed because there are few advantages of doing so. When the schools reopen, the virus will just spread then.

A much better way, which will probably happen anyway, is just to close schools as and when they need to be closed. There is no point closing EVERY single school across the country when the vast majority of these schools will be able to operate normally. When a single school gets hit badly by the virus, and when the staff shortages/pupil shortages become too much, then the school should close for a short period. By the time the school which has been affected reopens, most of the pupils will have already had the virus and will be immune from it. Closing all the schools means too much work will be missed unnecessarily.

Last December a school near me (in Norwich) was closed for about a week because of the norovirus which meant there weren't enough staff.

Sickness bug closes high school

A Norfolk high school has been forced to close because of an outbreak of gastroenteritis.
Sprowston Community High school will shut on Thursday and re-open on Tuesday 16 December.
When staff and students first showed symptoms on Monday, students were advised about basic germ control, and the school was deep cleaned.
Now more than 200 students and 20% of staff are absent so the school has closed to stop the spread of infection.
A further deep clean will be carried out before pupils and staff will be allowed to return. The swine flu spread should be managed in the same way.

Bloody hell, its only killing like 1%? if that.. Seriously, just send the bratty children back to school i cant be doing with them!!!

Much less than that. More like 0.1%

Mickword
26-07-2009, 01:05 PM
My Dad works for Cambridgeshire County Council (Management)

Ohhhh, Fancy!

efq
26-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Ohhhh, Fancy!
What are you trying to imply?

Urnuph
11-08-2009, 07:57 PM
any more news on this?

Remote
11-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Unlucky if so because I wouldn't fancy staying in for an extra month next year. (thats the plan!)

Caution
11-08-2009, 10:26 PM
I'd hate to be off until then. If it does happen, I hope it's just England.

user130523
11-08-2009, 10:29 PM
yeah anymore news on this?
just i go back next wednesday (19th) but i want that to change ;)

efq
11-08-2009, 10:49 PM
I don't know anything cause my Dad won't tell me YET. He said that due to not every school getting it all schools will open. Although if 1 student even feels ill, the school will be shut. If it persistant in all schools then they will close the schools again, in hoping that they will come back resistant to it. (********!)

GommeInc
12-08-2009, 01:01 AM
What a waste of time, money and effort. Just keep them open - if someone gets it, they go home just like with any other illness :/ Besides, an extra month off is a waste, they may as well tell them to have the year off, they've got to go back at some point and an extra month means nothing, especially when winter flu hits in winter i.e. November/December, not September/October.

Have they not taken into consideration that when children are off from school, that doesn't mean they sit in their room all day? They're going to be outside, mixing with other people - which means they're spreading the virus (which would appear to be aload of rubbish now, it's gone quiet, yet again after some slight hype).

Cyndia
13-08-2009, 03:56 AM
Yeah, I feel like they're going to end up keeping it open because there's just too many cons to closing it.

No matter to me though, I'm American :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!