PDA

View Full Version : Exercises

YellowParasol
19-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Before doing an Event, You should always Exercise other wise you could get an Injury :)

And Eat Normal food not Junk Foods :)

Detox
19-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Lol, Good Advice. :p

Mit
19-07-2005, 01:27 PM
I never knew that :)

Mentor
19-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Before doing an Event, You should always Exercise other wise you could get an Injury :)

And Eat Normal food not Junk Foods :)
Actaly that was disproven not long ago, exsorse does not redue risk of ingery, the study aslo showed it meant athleats such as high jumpers could not reach there full potental.

YellowParasol
19-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Well plus you have to Warm up before doing any sort of Event, it COULD stop Injury's ;)

Mentor
19-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Well plus you have to Warm up before doing any sort of Event, it COULD stop Injury's ;)
that was also discredited, warming up and doing exsorsizes before a sport have no effect on the risk of ingery, athogh stop people in some sports performing as good as they can.

GommeInc
19-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Why wear yourself out before a race? Isn't doing some sort of exercise before a race for example just going to wear you out before the race so during the race you don't do as good?

YellowParasol
19-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Erm What i mean is like Warming up For Example Stretching your Muscules :p

Mentor
19-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Erm What i mean is like Warming up For Example Stretching your Muscules :p
Wich has been shown to be pointless, as it has no effect on the risk of ingery, as well as its show in a high jumper stretches before the event, they wont be able to jump as high as the woulnt of if they haddent done the stretches

YellowParasol
19-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Could be quite True.. At Athletics track last year i did High Jump, warmed up before doing them, and some Races, then managed to do well. This year i did High Jump never Warmed up and injured my Ankle :)

GommeInc
19-07-2005, 03:00 PM
I came first in a 100 metre dash without warming up. I did the 200 metre dash and came second after doing the 100 metre dash. Now in comparison the 100 metre dash would of been like a warm up so really it is not true that warm us do anything.

Are you sure you didnt get the injury because of growing problems? If you are of that ages, sports become harder to do around puberty because you body e.g. bones and muscles are growing and sports seems to go wrong during it.

I find warm ups pointless.

Luayminator
19-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Omg mentors weird spellings and einstein information.

Rachi
19-07-2005, 04:22 PM
i knew that
^_^

YellowParasol
19-07-2005, 06:30 PM
I came first in a 100 metre dash without warming up. I did the 200 metre dash and came second after doing the 100 metre dash. Now in comparison the 100 metre dash would of been like a warm up so really it is not true that warm us do anything.

Are you sure you didnt get the injury because of growing problems? If you are of that ages, sports become harder to do around puberty because you body e.g. bones and muscles are growing and sports seems to go wrong during it.

I find warm ups pointless.
Erm, yes im sure, As im like tallest person in my Year at school and well i was running on High jump to get good Speed so i could get a Good Jump out of it, then i twisted my Ankle ;)

Mentor
19-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Erm, yes im sure, As im like tallest person in my Year at school and well i was running on High jump to get good Speed so i could get a Good Jump out of it, then i twisted my Ankle ;)
you twist ankles via missing your footing, warming up woulnt of effected that in the sligtest "/

YellowParasol
19-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Hmm.. ok plus ive had stitches before doing events.. most probably because of eating before hand..

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 01:13 AM
Eating before you run is the only stupid thing and really doesn't stay on the topic of exercise and warm ups.

Mentor
20-07-2005, 01:27 AM
Eating before you run is the only stupid thing and really doesn't stay on the topic of exercise and warm ups.
I duno, i tend to eat before, during and after with no negative effects, yet i usealy get jamie to do most the stuff im evnvolved in when on a sports day or what ever, so it could be nulifed

Punk Rock Star
20-07-2005, 03:51 AM
Awwww that's not fair, I am lazy and I am a junk food junky, sports SOOOO don't apply to me!

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Amen, down with sports and up with junk!

Mentor
20-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Amen, down with sports and up with junk!
HERE! HERE!

Sports bores one much

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!