PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton is back!

StefanWolves
26-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Just won the Hungarian GP! :)

Happy for him, all that he's been through, deserves this, drove a great race!

Skajo
26-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Surprisingly good race considering the boring location. I still think Mr.Webber has a shot at the title, RB have been doing fantastic with their car. Solid race by Alguersari and we can say goodbye to Piquet unfortunately. Renault don't care for him - they only care for Alonso which is stupid.

Jordy
26-07-2009, 02:05 PM
lol I guess all the Button fans will be supporting Hamilton again :rolleyes:

Glad to see someone other than Red Bull or Brawn win it, shows how much McLaren have come on since their improvements in the last few races.

StefanWolves
26-07-2009, 02:05 PM
I support both Hamilton and Button, but I would prefer Button to win the Championship, but if it's either of them I would be happy.

Don't know what all the hype is about Alonso, he was good for McLaren, and Renault when they were fast, but what else has he actually done to be honest? he's an arrogant ***. :P

Jordy
26-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Don't know what all the hype is about Alonso, he was good for McLaren, and Renault when they were fast, but what else has he actually done to be honest? he's an arrogant ***. :PRemarkable driver that beat Schumacher to the title, twice. He's probably achieved more than any other driver on the grid atm. He is arrogant but he's an excellent driver and it's a shame the Renault car isn't up to it this season. As for Piquet he's been nothing but rubbish, he usually improves a bit once he gets near to being sacked but that's not exactly consistency.

Immenseman
26-07-2009, 02:08 PM
lol I guess all the Button fans will be supporting Hamilton again :rolleyes:

Glad to see someone other than Red Bull or Brawn win it, shows how much McLaren have come on since their improvements in the last few races.
For me, who isn't an avid fan of the sport I'd just like to see a British winner. Same for any sport, tennis, golf, cricket whatever. Apart from maybe football, I like to see many English football teams fail :D

StefanWolves
26-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Lol why do you like to see English football teams fail? how about the national team?

CJW93
26-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Fianlly! Absolutly amazing faultless drive from Lewis. Great weekend for the team having a mclaren top the time sheets in every practice session and the win at the end. The car is perfroming brilliantly. Hamilton out classed the entier grid today with a faultless drive. Great job to everybody at McLaren.

Rock
26-07-2009, 04:35 PM
What a solid finish for Kimi. 2ND! Good to see old title contenders challening.

Keep Flying Kimi!

CJW93
26-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Its great to see Ferrari and Mclaren 1 and 2. How F1 should be

Skajo
26-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Its great to see Ferrari and Mclaren 1 and 2. How F1 should be:rolleyes:

Yeah. Brilliant fun.

CJW93
26-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Better than watching boring Button v Red Bull

Catzsy
26-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Better than watching boring Button v Red Bull

I don't agree. Nice to see it mixed up this year - it certainly shocked the usual front runners. Great for Lewis and I would be happy for him to win a few more but not enough to deny Jenson his world championship. :)

Tintinnabulate
26-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Well done to him :)

The Professor
26-07-2009, 08:53 PM
I genuinely can't stand the guy, I think he's far too smug for his own good and was sulking really badly when the car was bad giving monosyllabic answers. Comapred to Jenson who when he was in a really bad car tried to make the most of it and at least came accross and committed, supportive and enjoying himself.

That said, he has supreme talent and fully deserved the victory today. Its quite alarming how far Brawn have fallen back and how disappointing Kovalainen's final position was, I wanted kovi to do well. He seems like a really nice guy and he's a good driver, he just looks average compared to Lewis and I'm sure he gets the more favourable strategies and upgrades which makes him look worse still.

Props to the Spaniard with the unspellable name too, finished ahead of Buemi who's looked impressive all season!

Jam
26-07-2009, 09:01 PM
No matter what Renault do, the second car will be wasted this season. I think Brawn's *REMOVED*, and the rest of the season will continue as it was today, Ferrari/McLaren first & second and RBR right behind them. Oh and well done new STR driver and Timo Glock.

Edited by :Mobile (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.

The Professor
26-07-2009, 09:13 PM
No matter what Renault do, the second car will be wasted this season. I think Brawn's REMOVED, and the rest of the season will continue as it was today, Ferrari/McLaren first & second and RBR right behind them. Oh and well done new STR driver and Timo Glock.

I hate to say I agree but I think with them having well developed KERS systems and having found a way to make their cars good even with the disadvantage of the heavy system, they'll be nigh on impossible to overtake and will keep cars behind them for long enough to win races, even when they're having bad days. Red Bull are still up there though and I hope they can stay competitive!

Geraint
26-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Ferrari have stopped work on this year's car aswell :lol:

StefanWolves
26-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Lewis Hamilton could possibly be in the position to help J.Button win the World Championship, two Britains working together. XD

xxMATTGxx
26-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Very good race today, some action went on in the pits, tyre flying off and so on. Well Done to the man himself though winning his first race for 2009. It's glad to have him back, have supported him since 2008 really. Hope he keeps up the good work and he's such a good sportsmen IMO.

StefanWolves
26-07-2009, 09:28 PM
He's a role model for all young people that's for sure.

CJW93
27-07-2009, 12:15 PM
One of the reasons why he has so many fans young and old

Immenseman
27-07-2009, 12:24 PM
hamilton always said they were 6months behind and 6months on they're back on top

StefanWolves
27-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Not quite on top, but very near the top.

Anyone for a sensational Hamilton comeback? it can still be done, especially with Brawn falling down the grid... all depends on Red Bull. :rolleyes:

Kardan
27-07-2009, 02:26 PM
So happy to see Hamilton finally win and so happy to see Button do crap in 7th :P

Now all Hamilton needs to do is get 52/70 of the remaining points to overtake Button, with Button getting nothing in the next 7 races. Pah, there's always hope :P

StefanWolves
27-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Is their only 7 races left?? :O

Thought there were more than that.

Kardan
27-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Is their only 7 races left?? :O

Thought there were more than that.

Nope, just the 7, meaning that it really is down to Brawn/Red Bull now, it's possible for other drivers but pratically impossible :(

Immenseman
27-07-2009, 02:52 PM
i didn't mean top as in top of the standings i meant top as in like he's got a better car now and #1 from hungary gp

CJW93
27-07-2009, 05:07 PM
The F1 season seems to fly by :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!