PDA

View Full Version : Renault banned from European GP

Rock
27-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Renault will miss the next round of the championship for allowing Fernando Alonso to leave the pits with a wheel not properly secured during Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix.

A mistake attaching the front-right wheel at Alonso's first stop led to it coming loose from the car once the Spaniard had returned the track. He limped back to the pits but was subsequently forced to retire due to resulting damage.

Budapest stewards decided Renault had been negligent in failing to secure the wheel, in knowingly letting Alonso leave the pits with the problem, and in failing to inform their driver of the issue.

Renault are to appeal the decision. Should that appeal fail it means Alonso and team mate Nelson Piquet will not participate in the European Grand Prix on August 21-23.

Oh dear, oh dear.

CJW93
27-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Felt sorry for Alonso, but I can see why they have been pushinshed after last weekend in the Forumla 2 race. At least Piquet is safe for antoher race :eusa_danc

Rock
27-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah I dont think their appeal is going to be successful

CJW93
27-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Like to see Alonso in decent form. Imagine him near the fornt of the grid in Valenica. That place will go crazy

StefanWolves
27-07-2009, 05:16 PM
he won't get a chance to now. :P

CJW93
27-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Last year wat Barcalona was funny when he was leading with the crowd going mental then his engine blew (I think) then the crowd was dead :P

Rock
27-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Funny poor Alonso always has some kind of mechanical problem when he takes a shock lead or pole position.

The Professor
27-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Fully deserved, I said to my mum before the wheel flew off that the car should be black-and-orange flagged and made to stop straight away. After what happened to Surtees its clear that those wheels can do very serious damage and shame on Renault for doing nothing about it.

StefanWolves
27-07-2009, 09:52 PM
I totally agree, if his punishment gets over turned then it would be an absolute disgrace.

Kardan
27-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Good :) Renault don't have much of a chance anyway really and this just puts another nail into Piquet's F1 coffin.

The Professor
28-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Good :) Renault don't have much of a chance anyway really and this just puts another nail into Piquet's F1 coffin.

I'm not sure he needed the stewards to do that for him tbh :P

StefanWolves
28-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Ha, yeh, I feel bad for him though, really bad, he had a lot of pressure on his shoulders, with his dad being a famous driver and all.

The Professor
28-07-2009, 06:12 PM
When he first came into F1 he was talking himself up and saying he was better than everyone else and when he got there he was poor. Of course, it was everyone elses fault but his!

Speaking of which, he seems to be wanting to be fired:

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5457601,00.html

Jordy
28-07-2009, 06:39 PM
I heard that if Renault appeal it'll buy them enough time till the grand prix after as there won't be any hearings between now and the European Grand Prix. So it's more likely they'll be banned from the next grand prix.

I feel that taking something like 20 constructors points away from them would be a far more appropriate punishment as it doesn't punish the drivers and ensures the racing goes ahead which is what Formula 1 is all about.

Valencia is an awful circuit anyway, I'm a huge Formula 1 fan but the circuit is so bad I doubt I'll even watch it, it's just driving around an industrial estate in Valencia while the road is coated with grey barriers, awful for spectating and camera work and the racing is useless, no over-taking pretty much.

CJW93
29-07-2009, 01:50 PM
When he first came into F1 he was talking himself up and saying he was better than everyone else and when he got there he was poor. Of course, it was everyone elses fault but his!

Speaking of which, he seems to be wanting to be fired:

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5457601,00.html

******* hell Nelsoniho has some nerve, coming from a driver who is utter ****

Jam
31-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Nah, he knows he's going down, may aswell make a spectical of it.

WD Piquet.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!