PDA

View Full Version : Trialing For A Football Team

Dragorn
31-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Hi, im trialing for my first team tomorrow (u16s), im pretty nervous because i havent trialed for a team before, any tips?

Wayne
31-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Just try your best.

- Don't ball hog.
- Be defensive.
- Try and be a good team player.
- Don't run around too much because you'll waste energy.
- Try and score more than 1 goal.
- If somebody wants the ball, pass it to them.
- When tackling, try not to foul.
- Enjoy yourself.

Browney
31-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Just try your best.

- Don't ball hog.
- Be defensive.
- Enjoy yourself.

So basically, defend, whilst scoring more than 1 goal, whilst not running around and by sharing the ball around?

Just play to your strengths. If your a good defender, show that. Don't try to go on a run if your weakness is dribbling. I know not everyone wants to defend, we want to be the hero, but surely you'd rather be a good RB then a shocking ST. A team needs players who can defend, and players who can attack. Just don't try to be the player you're not. Similarly, if your a better attacker, get in the attacking positions and let the defenders do their job.

Wayne
31-07-2009, 09:28 AM
So basically, defend, whilst scoring more than 1 goal, whilst not running around and by sharing the ball around?

Well you don't wanna just play in 1 position really, you wanna show the team that you can play in different positions and show your mixed skills. :$

Browney
31-07-2009, 10:53 AM
nah show your best abilities, everything else can be worked on. you wanna show what you can add to the team. for example, I'm piss poor at everything but defending, so I'm gonna show how I defend. There's no point me shifting into CM to show my non existant CM skills. :P

StefanWolves
31-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Just try your best.

- Don't ball hog.
- Be defensive.
- Enjoy yourself.

bit harsh init? :/

just try your best, play your natural game, if they want you, they'll sign you, it's as simple as that.

AlexOC
31-07-2009, 12:10 PM

just try your best, play your natural game, if they want you, they'll sign you, it's as simple as that.

Yes, that is generally how it works..

CJW93
31-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Do you know if the team are looking for a player to play a certain position, or just anywhere?

Wayne
31-07-2009, 11:23 PM

No no, I didn't mean it harshly, I just meant try and score more than 1 goal so the team don't think it was a fluke.

Geraint
31-07-2009, 11:37 PM
No no, I didn't mean it harshly, I just meant try and score more than 1 goal so the team don't think it was a fluke.

More goals could also be seen as a "fluke", although there is more chance that they would choose you.

Wayne
31-07-2009, 11:39 PM
More goals could also be seen as a "fluke", although there is more chance that they would choose you.

Yeah I suppose so, haha. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!