PDA

View Full Version : Forum Updates - August 1st

nvrspk4
31-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Pinch punch first of the month or whatever that is. Well, a little early but I figured I'd do my lot since I'm going awayyy and you'll be rid of me for a good week and a few days ;) Anyway here are the updates for this week:

Live/MSN Emails
Poll Options
Old Ban Appeals
Signature Picture Rule Clarification

The final one will be taken care of by MattGarner tomorrow.

And away we go!

nvrspk4
31-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Hiya,

We've reenabled the use of Live/MSN Emails. Though we did see a 100% dropoff in hackings and pretty steady numbers in new user registration (NERRR!) we have still decided to roll back the changes on Live/MSN emails.

The reason for this, if you care, is that we (ok I, since I was the main proponent I won't throw my managers in the pit with me) have acknowledged that there are various thought processes behind registration. Some people create emails specifically to use seperately, and since they create seperate emails we felt that the creation of new accounts wouldn't be a huge stretch.

Apparently it is, well at least to current users. The inconvenience to current users was more the reason that this was changed as they are forced to change their MSN emails when they edit options. I think that the new members adopted to it (if something has always been that way for you its easier to accept) but I don't think its worth inconveniencing the older members (although we did during the test run, sorry :P) And in the end we may pick up a few new members too.

The use of Hotmail/Live/MSN emails is still banned for members of staff.

Thanks!

nvrspk4
31-07-2009, 06:38 PM
The number of poll options has been upgraded to 15 to allow our poll-happy friends on the forums to indulge in their polling frenzy.

Thanks to Mentor for this suggestion.

nvrspk4
31-07-2009, 06:40 PM
We have decided, after finding a workaround to prevent the unwanted consequences of allowing old bans to be appealed, to now let you appeal bans older than two weeks that have not been appealed in the support system. Please note, if you have appealed with the current support system before you may not appeal your ban currently.

Due to differences in banning procedures, we may be unable to provide you with as comprehensive a response as we do now, however we will do our best to fully investigate all bans.

Also, due to Jin being all alone and overworked when I go away and the anticipated influx of appeals, there may be a delay in responding to appeals.

Thanks ;)

xxMATTGxx
01-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Signature Picture Rule Clarification

VIP members & Donators can have as many pictures as they want in their signature, as long as each picture is not wider than 700 pixels, and the total height of all pictures together, regardless of whether they are below each other or side by side, is not more than 300 pixels.

Non VIP members allowed to have as many pictures as they want in their signature, as long as they are below each other, each picture is not wider than 700 pixels, and the total height of all pictures together, regardless of whether they are below each other or side by side, is not more than 150 pixels.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!