PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Year 11

Nxrissa
10-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Ok its summer and im just worried about year 11 and with the exams. and im meant to be getting 16 gcses and i think its to much for me but i want to get them. any advice from people who just experienced it ?

Geraint
10-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Did you not do GCSEs last year?

hiyababes
10-08-2009, 02:19 PM
i havntt experienced it buhh i have a family member who juss has and he was worried boutt it and he then sed a few dayss in to it yeaa it all kool we are revising in class buhh yhoo no the teacher are kool i have met some new ppl and it is kool xx
so tbh i thinkk yhoo will b fine it seem scary b4 yhoo start butt wen u finnally starttt yhooo will be fine xx hiope thiss helpp yhooo fell carmer boutt startingg yr 11

Nxrissa
10-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks. and well i just finished year 10 if your getting confussed. i imagine it to be similar but with more pressure by what ive heard from other people. just 16 is alot and i dont no if im going to cope. this year was stressful enough. most of them are coursework based its only maths and english that im actually taking exams for.

Oleh
10-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Well i thought Year 10 was gonna be solid, it was like year 7 all over again, cos i had learnt most of it in year 9 and we just revised it, 11 will be easier, knowing i have the same teachers, i only need a A-level i maths and C in english to do what i wanna do, so just find out what you wanna do and stick to the subjects :)

Soy
10-08-2009, 02:43 PM
GCSEs are easy

Kent
10-08-2009, 02:48 PM
lol school is the biggest joke ever, once you leave you will realise it

Samantha.
10-08-2009, 03:37 PM
GCSEs are easy

I agree!
Teachers make out there so hard and stuff.
When there actually easier than mocks!

cocaine
10-08-2009, 03:39 PM
gcses are quite easy. although it's best to worried about it rather than relaxed, as being worried will get you motivated. year 11 is meant to be stressfull and full of worry, so don't worry, its normal.

Nxrissa
10-08-2009, 04:03 PM
thanks. rep +

Technologic
10-08-2009, 04:06 PM
GCSE's are a piss take, If you're taking 16 exams then I highly doubt you're in the "remedial" category and as they seem to be as easy as possible so even inner city school scan do well
I doubt you will have any problems.

Inseriousity.
10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
I thought Year 10 was harder with all the coursework deadlines whereas Year 11 was just "revision" for exams.

Kardan
10-08-2009, 04:14 PM
GCSEs are easy... but 16? That's... a lot. I only did 11 and I'm gifted and talented, most kids in my school get 8 GCSEs.

Alkaz
10-08-2009, 04:18 PM
I wouldnt worry about it too much, if you stick to your lessons and get your work done and go to after school revision classes and continue work after school daily you should be fine. I did 14 and was fine with it but it did only really get boring.

Catchy
10-08-2009, 04:23 PM
You shouldn't be worried about it, it'll be fine. It'll fly by, and tbh you can only do what you can do, your best.

Nxrissa
10-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Thankyou for advice. spreading the rep+ :)

CHA!NGANG
10-08-2009, 06:48 PM
16 is a lot, but GCSE's are easy don't worry. Also, they really don't mean much, it's more about AS/A Levels but they do help.

clueless
10-08-2009, 06:49 PM
seriously you'll be fine
year 11 was my fave year :)

Catzsy
10-08-2009, 07:05 PM
16 does sound an awful lot! Just do your best and see how you get on in the mocks. You can always revise your strategy then if you want. I am sure your parents just want you to do your best so take the pressure of yourself and
plan your year as much as you can so you don't have to cram at the last minute and post again if you need to talk about something. :)

Mentor
10-08-2009, 07:28 PM
All i remember of gcse's is that year 11's a lot easier than year 10 :P At least, that was my experince :)

ifuseekamy
10-08-2009, 07:28 PM
GCSEs really are easy. Unless you're literally stupid, you can pass them without revising at all. If you want As/A*s then obviously you should revise but don't beat yourself up about them. So much emphasis is unnecessarily put on them imo; when you leave you'll realise that aside from Maths and English no one cares about them, especially when job hunting.

And do you mean 16 exams or 16 GCSE subjects? Unless you're doing over time hours of schooling I don't see how you could be doing 16 :S

Mentor
10-08-2009, 08:27 PM
GCSEs really are easy. Unless you're literally stupid, you can pass them without revising at all. If you want As/A*s then obviously you should revise but don't beat yourself up about them. So much emphasis is unnecessarily put on them imo; when you leave you'll realise that aside from Maths and English no one cares about them, especially when job hunting.

And do you mean 16 exams or 16 GCSE subjects? Unless you're doing over time hours of schooling I don't see how you could be doing 16 :S

True point, gcse's get you in to a sixth form, once you have A levels though no one will care whether you had 3 gsce's or 40 "/

GommeInc
10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
True point, gcse's get you in to a sixth form, once you have A levels though no one will care whether you had 3 gsce's or 40 "/
^ What she said :P

Colleges only really care as long as the GCSEs you've got are decent enough for the courses you're taking :/

Mentor
10-08-2009, 09:59 PM
^ What she said :P

Colleges only really care as long as the GCSEs you've got are decent enough for the courses you're taking :/
Don't make me - rep you :P

But yea, year 11 did seem to be the easier year for me, and as i said before, once you have A levels, GCSE's count for nothing, once you have a Degree, A levels count for nothing. etc etc.
Most qualifications really just get you to the next rung on the ladder, once your on that rung what came before's kinda unimportant.

GommeInc
11-08-2009, 12:44 AM
1, 2, 3, 4 I declare a rep war :D And I'd win *strokes 12 rep*

Ideally, a degree, PhD and all those higher up qualitifications make up some of the keys to a work-life. Others include experience and in some occasions, charisma and charm :P If you woffle your way in an interview and amaze them with your people skills and intellect, they tend to love you. But that is of course in odd occasions :P

Experience is the most annoying though, I know someone with a degree in Law and she can't get a job in Law because she needs experience, and in some jobs they don't accept you if you're "over-qualified".

But that's got very little to do with Year 11 and GCSEs. Just try you best and work towards what courses and steps you want to take next.

Hazza
11-08-2009, 01:19 AM
I was the same really, but its not half as bad as you think they are goin to be.
GCSEs are actually quite stress free if you use your time wisely :)

Good Luck with it :)
(AHHH 16days till resultssss :S)

Nxrissa
11-08-2009, 10:57 AM

16 gcses in total if I get them all but some of the subjects I've taken is worth 4 gcses such as travel and tourism and I.t

Nxrissa
11-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I was the same really, but its not half as bad as you think they are goin to be.
GCSEs are actually quite stress free if you use your time wisely :)

Good Luck with it :)
(AHHH 16days till resultssss :S)

Sorry double post and good luck x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!